Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Occupation
Wurkin
That’s true too.
This just seems really rediculous how easy my front end bottoms out on a gladiator “rubicon” I thought this thing was supposed to be relatively good off road?? My stock duramax can take a harder bump than my JT!! I think they missed the mark big time on this one

Gulf_coasterHTX

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Subaru Ascent, '21 Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
Petroleum Engineer
This just seems really rediculous how easy my front end bottoms out on a gladiator “rubicon” I thought this thing was supposed to be relatively good off road?? My stock duramax can take a harder bump than my JT!! I think they missed the mark big time on this one
What kind of road conditions / speeds are you bottoming out? I have never experienced it

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Well that's disappointing! If I have to guess, the shocks they are using are probably the same part as the gasser but should be valved for more weight.

Sponsored

EcoDiezLN

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Occupation
Wurkin
Well that's disappointing! If I have to guess, the shocks they are using are probably the same part as the gasser but should be valved for more weight.
I was just guessing not enough spring rate

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I was just guessing not enough spring rate
Could be a combination of both, however a soft spring could be controlled with enough compression damping to slow the chassis down before bottoming.

This is why I'm not accepting any current offerings of "gas JT" lift parts for my Eco! I'm willing to wait for the right stuff........However it would work fine for the guys cruzing the mall looking for high skool chicks!

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Got mine home last night.......yes, the thing does bottom a bit easy. Tossed on 1.75 spacers and a pair of Metal Cloak front bumps and it does hit the stops, but not as hard. These Fox shocks are a bit too soft for my liking, but nice on the highway.
Jeep Gladiator Eco diesel Suspension bottoming out on normal roads 20210213_110313

Last edited:

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I contacted Jeep Cares and referred them to this thread. This is the response I received;
"Thank you for sending this link. It appears the conversation on this thread is regarding aftermarket accessories to the JT. As the Customer Care Team, we are unable to weigh in on aftermarket accessories. If you have further questions, please speak with your local Jeep dealer."

Darlene
Jeep Cares

I replied that the link had nothing to do with aftermarket accessories. Please provide me an email/phone number for Quality Control and/or Quality Engineering. Also, added comment that going to dealership was old way of thinking that going to the source, Jeep Cares, was supposed to streamline customer complaints...or words to that effect.
Uhhh no, it SUCKS ASS as delivered. Much better after a little bit of lift.......otherwise useless off road.

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
Is anyone else experiencing their JT bottoming out on roads that other cars (trucks, JL Rubicon, anything else really) don’t have problems with?

It happens even with undulations in the road, not just pot holes and railroad tracks.

I have a JTDR, stock suspension.
Folks, I stand corrected in some information I previously posted re. receiving a message from Jeep Cares on this issue. I gave Jeep Cares the wrong link to this thread. Yep, I screwed-up! Therefore, their answer to me was in regards to another thread. I have now sent them the correct thread...I think.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi @Mac Attack,

Thank you for sending the link to this thread. We did respond to @Gruffid on February 2nd on this thread. As the Customer Care Team, we are unable to provide technical advice, but we do recommend that anyone with concerns visits a servicing Jeep dealer for a diagnosis. As always, we would be happy to have a case escalated for assistance while in service. Once an appointment is set, please send our team a private message with your VIN and contact information.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

EcoDiezLN

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Occupation
Wurkin
Uhhh no, it SUCKS ASS as delivered. Much better after a little bit of lift.......otherwise useless off road.
[/QUOTE
Yeah around town or highway it’s ok but one decent size pothole and I can feel the harshest crash feels like straight axle on frame with a sliver of rubber in between. It’s really bad and I can’t stand to even think about going to a dealer and have then explaining to me that it’s normal and I should go slower or some nonsense. I already just pulled the trigger on metalcloak 3.5 game changer and fox 2.5 elites.

Rubiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Yup, since spacers are so inexpensive, this might be good to try out first, see if it solves the bottoming problem, by giving up a little rake. Then see how my eventual towing/loading configuration works out in a couple months when my new camping trailer comes in, to determine if I need something more substantial.

Or.. i could just baby it until then. Not to say I'm hammering it to make it bottom. This thing would bottom out on a mall speedbump at 10mph... if I ever took it to a mall... nearest mall to me in western Montana is 60 miles... think I went there... once... but I digress.

... as I was saying, not that I'm doing high speed desert running. But I would like to do 20-30mph on a dirt road without worrying about hitting a medium sized pothole or rock.
I have the TF spacer lift installed on my Diesel same exact issue. Steel bumper and winch.

OP
OP

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
So… my local dealer has had my JTRD going on 5 weeks for this issue. They’ve had an engineer driving it and recommending fix actions. Right now, that fix action consists of a new set of shocks.

unfortunately, the shocks are in production, haven’t been shipped, and with no ETA. Until they arrive, I seem to be stuck driving rental vehicles that were probably too crappy to sell used.
Sponsored