Sponsored

Ecodiesel recall and reprogram...

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
So I figured out how to tell which version of software runs on your PCM.

If you have a bluetooth OBD2 sensor, and you have loaded the dashboards I constructed several months back (temp gauges, DPF level, etc) You can see the software version is on the PCM.

Download and install Car Scanner Pro, and load it up with the EcoDiesel profile. Then simply connect, and it shows you.

1649653203648.png
Wow this tech must be a ninja for real lol. It is updated to AG. He must've connected the handheld device before he drove to the bay and disconnected while pulling out.
Thanks again for your time!
Sponsored

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSSD Granite Crystal Metallic (Korg)
Occupation
Engineer
Not for sure, but the ECU and PCM are different control modules. So the "part numbers" would be different.

I'll plug my ODB reader in today and see if I can find the PCM number.

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you. Really appreciate for this info. Here's my work order below with a different p/n id.

9AD65CA4-6D03-4E20-A003-7244F788959F.jpeg
That's great that your dealer put the part number/revision on the work order. Just checked the work order on mine and they did not include that information. Only listed the recall number and that the PCM was inspected and reprogrammed.

I will definitely try to check the rev level with ODB.

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Not for sure, but the ECU and PCM are different control modules. So the "part numbers" would be different.

I'll plug my ODB reader in today and see if I can find the PCM number.
Checked my PCM/ECU version. Here is what I saw. This is after the recall procedure.

Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel recall and reprogram... Screenshot_20220411-163329

Sponsored

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Your ecm/pcm flash ID are same as mine. Don't why some vehicles are different.
I wish I would have checked it prior to taking it in.
I was not experiencing any problems with the DEF system. I was sipping DEF. I hope this does not increase usage.
Also, It's very early, but haven't really seen any improvement in MPG (diesel).

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
I don’t think anyone seeing increase in mpg is tied to the reflash. I think it’s a placebo effect. Got a reflash fuel is 5.x per gallon. Hope it increases my mpg ?? Drives more efficiently and sees what they hoped for.. just my 2cents

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
i have half those miles and have used just as much.
Me too, 6800 mi and i believe 7.5 gal and it over 1/2 way now on the gauge...and at $20+ a box, WTF

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2022
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Emissions Recall Y81,got an appointment to get this done;service writer said it should provide a definite increase in efficiency

freebird_78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Couple weeks with the new rev. At first, it seemed like mileage was actually creeping up a little. But I went and wheeled the piss out of it last weekend, and mileage plummeted. Figured it was just from the wheeling, and wrote it off. Tried running Tazer "cooldown mode" when wheeling, but it wasn't working...

Few days after wheeling, mileage stayed crappy... like worst it's ever been crappy. Uh oh. Then I started noticing issues with my backup cam working about half the time, if that.

When I picked up the Jeep from the dealer, after the flash, the first thing I did was to check to see if the Tazer tire size change held. It seemed good to go. But somehow, during wheeling a few days later, it seemed like my Tazer wasn't doing anything. I KNEW I should have unmarried before the flash, but I decided to chance it. Tried the prescribed reboot/sleep cycle, a few times. Nada. Finally, decided to unmarry and start all over again.

After unmarrying and setting it all back up, checking the speedo calibration versus GPS (and dialing it in closer than I had left it prior to the flash), everything seems good to go. Shifting is back to normal, power delivery is normal, and mileage has already increased to at least where it was prior to the flash. We've been having horrendous winds for the last few days, so kinda hard to say 100% on mileage, but even with the wind, it seems a little better than before the flash.

Moral of the story: If you have a Tazer, unmarry before you have it flashed.

Sponsored

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Couple weeks with the new rev. At first, it seemed like mileage was actually creeping up a little. But I went and wheeled the piss out of it last weekend, and mileage plummeted. Figured it was just from the wheeling, and wrote it off. Tried running Tazer "cooldown mode" when wheeling, but it wasn't working...

Few days after wheeling, mileage stayed crappy... like worst it's ever been crappy. Uh oh. Then I started noticing issues with my backup cam working about half the time, if that.

When I picked up the Jeep from the dealer, after the flash, the first thing I did was to check to see if the Tazer tire size change held. It seemed good to go. But somehow, during wheeling a few days later, it seemed like my Tazer wasn't doing anything. I KNEW I should have unmarried before the flash, but I decided to chance it. Tried the prescribed reboot/sleep cycle, a few times. Nada. Finally, decided to unmarry and start all over again.

After unmarrying and setting it all back up, checking the speedo calibration versus GPS (and dialing it in closer than I had left it prior to the flash), everything seems good to go. Shifting is back to normal, power delivery is normal, and mileage has already increased to at least where it was prior to the flash. We've been having horrendous winds for the last few days, so kinda hard to say 100% on mileage, but even with the wind, it seems a little better than before the flash.

Moral of the story: If you have a Tazer, unmarry before you have it flashed.
I mean, if your ever gonna unmarry for anything it would be a pcm update right!

CreepyJeepy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 3.0
Occupation
Cyber Security
I mean, if your ever gonna unmarry for anything it would be a pcm update right!
PCM and Security Gateway modules are separate units. I thought about it, then realized this is only PCM. I unplugged it prior to taking it in, then plugged it back in when I left (tazer).

No issues zero need to unmarry.

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
PCM and Security Gateway modules are separate units. I thought about it, then realized this is only PCM. I unplugged it prior to taking it in, then plugged it back in when I left (tazer).

No issues zero need to unmarry.
You sir are braver than I. :). Never know what happens once they pull it into a stall.

CreepyJeepy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 3.0
Occupation
Cyber Security
Remember the marry feature of the Tazer does not leave a fingerprint in the security gateway module (besides the changes you made)…..

it’s there to protect the manufacturer of the Tazer unit. It protects the seller as the flag prevents the user from changing settings in multiple jeeps.

KW80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd, 2021 JT Sport S Diesel
I wish I would have checked it prior to taking it in.
I was not experiencing any problems with the DEF system. I was sipping DEF. I hope this does not increase usage.
Also, It's very early, but haven't really seen any improvement in MPG (diesel).
Haven’t done the update yet and mine is the same number but with the AF suffix. I should also mention that I don’t have what I would consider to be excessive DEF usage. Over 10k miles I’ve added 10 gallons, but about 1/3 of that DEF was consumed towing a big travel trailer. So in normal driving conditions I’ve used somewhat less than a gallon per thousand miles, which is directionally consistent with using up a tank of DEF between oil changes. So I’m hoping this new software doesn’t result in more DEF usage for me either.

Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel recall and reprogram... 90FA5B1B-1D33-4059-8DA8-A3EF491A7DC7
Sponsored

Last edited: