Sponsored

Finally available! > 2020 Jeep Gladiator Accessories - Trailer Brake Controller - 82215652

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a Curt Echo. Will try it on Wednesday when I pick up my trailer. Other solutions aren’t available or need wire swapping, diodes, drilling, etc. 7000+ lbs advertised towing capacity! Off the lot, perhaps a small utility trailer without its own brakes.
The Curt Spectrum is a nice controller and Curt now has a Gladiator specific harness available to make installation easy. It can be installed with 3M tape, so drilling is not necessary. The combination is currently about $160 from Amazon.
Sponsored

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a Curt Echo. Will try it on Wednesday when I pick up my trailer. Other solutions aren’t available or need wire swapping, diodes, drilling, etc. 7000+ lbs advertised towing capacity! Off the lot, perhaps a small utility trailer without its own brakes.
I have the Echo and really like it. Waiting for Ram attachments for phone, but operation of unit is very good. Only concern is making sure I have a zip tie in case it falls out. You get instant notification on phone when it happens. I did it by mistake when pulling away too far from hitch when hooked up,

As far as 7000# towing? What a joke. I have 2" lift, 35" tires, and 488 gears. As equipped I wouldn't want to tow more than 6000# absolute Max. I'm towing a Travel Trailer @ about 4500# with 600# TW and in the mountains of WV, I really wouldn't want any more. With the factory 373 in here this would be terrible.

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I have the Echo and really like it. Waiting for Ram attachments for phone, but operation of unit is very good. Only concern is making sure I have a zip tie in case it falls out. You get instant notification on phone when it happens. I did it by mistake when pulling away too far from hitch when hooked up,

As far as 7000# towing? What a joke. I have 2" lift, 35" tires, and 488 gears. As equipped I wouldn't want to tow more than 6000# absolute Max. I'm towing a Travel Trailer @ about 4500# with 600# TW and in the mountains of WV, I really wouldn't want any more. With the factory 373 in here this would be terrible.
Not enough power when towing? I expect high revs and hope the “enhanced cooling” works well. Where do you put the zip tie?

SharkB8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Rubicon Gladiator
+1 on the Curt Echo. Towing about 900 miles with it so far...and it's been flawless.

CDN_Launch

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch
The Curt Spectrum is a nice controller and Curt now has a Gladiator specific harness available to make installation easy. It can be installed with 3M tape, so drilling is not necessary. The combination is currently about $160 from Amazon.
Hi, what do you mean by Gladiator specific?
Is there an app to install on media controller?

Sponsored

CDN_Launch

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not enough power when towing? I expect high revs and hope the “enhanced cooling” works well. Where do you put the zip tie?
I have only towed my Toy Hauler empty so far...about 4400 lbs. watched all temp levels and no issues, even with climbing some pretty big hills. Fuel economy sucks pretty bad with the revs up, but flawless towing.
I have a weight distribution hitch with integrated sway bar, so that surely helps.

70545640-508F-4F1E-9B87-B8331BAD8403.jpeg

8D91545A-49C7-470B-AF08-E5446243F9EE.jpeg

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, what do you mean by Gladiator specific?
Is there an app to install on media controller?
Curt has a pre-made wiring harness to connect the brake controller to the factory plug under the dash. It includes the diode needed to prevent feedback into the computer system. Prior to the release, a Ram harness had to be used and rewired, or a diode had to be added to one of the available Jeep harnesses. This is for the Spectrum or other Curt wired controllers, not for the Echo wireless controller.

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
The new curt harness for the Gladiator is the same as the Ram one we have been using except they swapped the blue and black wires already. Probably seen many posts from here or other sites of the mod needed and realized they could fix that easy enough.
Personally, I had bought the Ram harness and swapped the wires and ended up upgrading to the spectrum controller (had a curt discovery prior to this that worked but was an older time delay controller as opposed to the motion sensing of the spectrum)
Just got back from towing my 18’ cargo camper conversion (7x16x7high w/2’ v-nose) that I weighed at a truck stop with just Fridge, microwave, fresh/grey/black tanks empty and normal camping gear totes loaded. Came out at 4000 on axles and 600 on tongue. I added our luggage, food in the fridge, a set of 37” tires and rims (89# each) and the generator (90#) and it pulled it great. No issues! Once I got it dialed in as to strength and sensitivity, I never messed with it again and every stop was smooth regardless of how hard I hit the brakes.
As a side note, I need the 12v plug for my electric cooler so I used the sticky mount and put the control knob next to the tip of the parking brake below the 4wd shifter. Worked great with easy access and easily reachable while driving.

CDN_Launch

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curt has a pre-made wiring harness to connect the brake controller to the factory plug under the dash. It includes the diode needed to prevent feedback into the computer system. Prior to the release, a Ram harness had to be used and rewired, or a diode had to be added to one of the available Jeep harnesses. This is for the Spectrum or other Curt wired controllers, not for the Echo wireless controller.
Copy that, thanks.
I already installed the ram with swapped wires.

I was hoping you meant they made an app for out dash/stereo to control it.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Curt Spectrum system last weekend and was able to test it with the trailer today.

I have to say, it was a really easy install since the plug already exists. The hardest part was getting the damn wires in the harness pre-install.

Dialed in very easy both sensitivity to peddle and brake force.

Handles great.

H
Jeep Gladiator Finally available! > 2020 Jeep Gladiator Accessories - Trailer Brake Controller - 82215652 IMG_3020 2.JPG

Sponsored

VirTex

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
The new curt harness for the Gladiator is the same as the Ram one we have been using except they swapped the blue and black wires already. Probably seen many posts from here or other sites of the mod needed and realized they could fix that easy enough.
Personally, I had bought the Ram harness and swapped the wires and ended up upgrading to the spectrum controller (had a curt discovery prior to this that worked but was an older time delay controller as opposed to the motion sensing of the spectrum)
Just got back from towing my 18’ cargo camper conversion (7x16x7high w/2’ v-nose) that I weighed at a truck stop with just Fridge, microwave, fresh/grey/black tanks empty and normal camping gear totes loaded. Came out at 4000 on axles and 600 on tongue. I added our luggage, food in the fridge, a set of 37” tires and rims (89# each) and the generator (90#) and it pulled it great. No issues! Once I got it dialed in as to strength and sensitivity, I never messed with it again and every stop was smooth regardless of how hard I hit the brakes.
As a side note, I need the 12v plug for my electric cooler so I used the sticky mount and put the control knob next to the tip of the parking brake below the 4wd shifter. Worked great with easy access and easily reachable while driving.
Can you post a picture of where you mounted it? Thanks!
I’m about to tackle the install this week and wanted to place it in a location that wouldn’t be in the way, while also allowing me to remove it in the future if I decided to go with the ever elusive factory controller.

KMal618

First Name
Keri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Does anyone have a link to the Curt gladiator wiring harness?

MobileHomeboy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ 7, 2018 Ram 2500 Cummins, 2022 Power Wagon
Pictures please.
I didn’t take any pictures. If you have the harness then you will swap the blue and black wires. There is a video showing the install. I believe it’s in this thread. Check it out or maybe someone can post a link.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
KMal618, this is the quick plug adapter for the gladiator.
CURT 51527
Sponsored