Flush Mount Tail Lights

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
The backup/reverse lights stay on for me. I did notice that if you are in reverse, pull the E-brake and leave it in reverse in order to get out and look at the reverse lights, they turn off when you open the driver door and do not turn back on after closing the driver door. You have to actually put it in park again then reverse to reactivate the reverse lights.
The Oracle reverse lights were definitely shutting off on their own on mine, I had my vehicle backed into the garage and was monitoring the backup lights from the backup cam on the wall behind the vehicle. No doors were opened (damn nanny that auto parks it). I would just put it in reverse, watch the camera, and after a couple seconds they turn off while still in reverse the whole time.
Sponsored

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
The Oracle reverse lights were definitely shutting off on their own on mine, I had my vehicle backed into the garage and was monitoring the backup lights from the backup cam on the wall behind the vehicle. No doors were opened (damn nanny that auto parks it). I would just put it in reverse, watch the camera, and after a couple seconds they turn off while still in reverse the whole time.
I'll try mine again tonight, but I don't recall them cutting out while I was parking.
I just remember it being so bright, there's barely any red looking back through the side view.

Update: I put it in reverse for 30 secs and they stayed on. I know our set up is different, but it's good to get some data points out there.

Again, I went from factory halogen to these. Removed the resistor and used JScan.

Reverse lights stayed on
No flickering
No dash errors

Wires too short.
The fitment on mine aren't great.
And the screw scraped the paint.
No double side tape on resistors.

Hope some of these common notes help Oracle improve their product.

Last edited:

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Mine are now an uknown ETA. USPS is terrible, says they left LA one the 12th and no other status than arriving late with the 15th still showing as the day. lol

I hope I get them soon, but not hopeful at this point.
I live in Southren Indiana. Mine went 9 hours past me. To Michigan. USPS scanned them 6 times saying they were leaving Michigan. They finally left today. Arrived in Chicago. Left Chicago today. Then arrived back in Chicago. I hate USPS.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I live in Southren Indiana. Mine went 9 hours past me. To Michigan. USPS scanned them 6 times saying they were leaving Michigan. They finally left today. Arrived in Chicago. Left Chicago today. Then arrived back in Chicago. I hate USPS.
We had FedEx do something similar, 2 extra weeks on delivery because it was going back and forth between 2 warehouses that were both less than 45 minutes from us.

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
We had FedEx do something similar, 2 extra weeks on delivery because it was going back and forth between 2 warehouses that were both less than 45 minutes from us.
So it bounced around a distribution center in Michigan. Then finally went to Chicago. To leave and go back to Chicago. To leave again and arrive at the Elk Grove distribution center.. In Chicago. @ORACLElights use a better shipping company.

Sponsored

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator-Willys /18 Wrangler JLU-Rubicon
Hey Guys!

First and foremost, thank you all for your patience and support around the new JT tail lights. We are definitely excited to release these lights and will continue to provide more updates as we receive them. With this in mind, we have an exciting development revolving around these lights.

If you have paid attention earlier in this thread, we were exploring options for a new JT tail gate panel that would compliment the JT Flush Mount Tail Lights. We are happy to report that we are in the very beginning stages of design development! However, we would like to hear your input for design direction.

JT_TG_V2_V3copy copy.jpg

We currently have two different versions in place. The Classic version (as seen earlier in the thread) and the newer Sport version.

For the Classic panel, the intention is to keep the light bars straight with the lift gate body lines. This creates a clean look without having to do anything too crazy on the development end. With this option, we would need to make space for the rear camera. However, the provided empty space could be utilized for future custom applications; such as graphics, wraps, logos, lettering, etc.

JT_TG_V2.1 copy.jpg
JT_TG_V2.2 copy.jpg

For the Sport panel, the intention is to keep the light bars flowing across the entire tail gate without interfering with the camera. Drawing inspiration from the Dodge Charger, this shape is more athletic and keeps all the lines connected. With this design, there would be limited space for additional customizations.

JT_TG_V3.1 copy.jpg
JT_TG_V3.2 copy.jpg

Before we start working on specifics and assembly details, we would like to hear your input! Is there a version that you prefer over the other? Other ideas? Thank you all in advance and looking forward to hearing your feedback.

-Anthony
this is a terrible idea.

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
I would try toggling it again, as another member mentioned.

EDIT: Just saw that you already did that. Can try it again. Do you restart the ECU after you've made the changes?
so i was to clear that led out warning by toggling the various rear led adaptations off and on again. however when i drive the truck and use the turn signals, the warning appears again.

guess i have to try another permutations w JScan

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
I received my kit earlier this week, but held off on the install until today given what I was seeing on the thread. I did finally install today and everything went smoothly. I agree that the screw makes contact, a design oversight, and the harness length is a bit short, so popping the vehicle side harness off the bracket (flat head screw driver pry towards vehicle and pull outward) helps a lot. Overall the fit is not bad, about equivalent to oem. I had no issues with functionality or error lights, had stock LEDs with blindspot, and everything went on plug and play. I found if i got the top of lined up and tightened down first, then the bottom, I got the best fitment I could.
Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights PXL_20211017_144532376
Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights PXL_20211017_154033686
Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights PXL_20211017_153737258
Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights PXL_20211017_153726613
Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights PXL_20211017_153715482

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Thanks EstoJTR, I also have factory LED lights and Blind spot and have no desire to have to go buy a taser, or want to see fault lights, I have a much better feeling now ! I have not gotten an e-mail confirming shipping and had ordered back in April, but what ever.....Jack

Sponsored

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
JScan users:
If you have halogens and remove the resistor, make sure you change all 4 led tail light settings (tail, brake, turn, and reverse) to “active”, and press “go” each time. Otherwise, your changes won’t be saved.

9148F00C-B733-4BF0-9CD4-9CB9336AACDA.jpeg

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Dont trust USPS scanning.....they are frequently not reflective of the items true location. I've had items scan in different cities after I already received it. You still may or may not be screwed though!
So it went competly cold for days. Came back up saturday as being in Cali with ETA unknown. Shows up this morning close to home. So LA to CA, just to get to NC then SC. Hell of a journey these things have been on. Glad they got over here so fast, must have ended up on a wrong truck then skipped a scan or two.

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
Welp, I guess not entirely plug and play. Today the Side turn lights are out message popped up, so guessing the voltage change triggered it after some time. Should be a simple fix with the tazer, and the light still work fine in the meantime.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
@JP_Oracle, so for those of us with factory halogens, are we still going to have reverse light flickering/issues even if we use the resistors? If this is the case I'll be sending mine back, I'm unfortunately not interested in using programmers until I'm out of warranty.
Well let me know if you wanna unload them. Funds ready now. Thanks!

scotte992

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th anniversary edition
Occupation
Mailman
Are you still shipping out pre orders?
Sponsored