Sponsored

Flush Mount Tail Lights

JDawg11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubi Diesel
It's definitely thrown us for a loop. We prototyped on our 21 Rubi - LED Equipped, and the first off-tool units were also tested on a halogen Mojave. No issues.

The good news is, we're extremely close to having a "one size fits all" solution for both types (Halogen & LED) which will not require reconfig.

Bare with us everyone!
This is awesome!! Can’t wait for the fix. Love the lights

RobCart

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
IT
Since you have the Tazer already installed, all you need to do is go in and follow the instructions below

Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights A0BF2CE2-D251-4867-9391-69058020701A
Hi @JP_Oracle im having an issue with my new Oracle Gladiator tail lights on a LED equiped Overland. The were working fine and then today i noticed that the left taillights driving lights are nit working. Reverse, blinker/hazards, breaks all function but the driving lights are not. I use the JSCAN as aprogrammer. Any ideas on what the issue could be? Thanks!

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
Hi @JP_Oracle im having an issue with my new Oracle Gladiator tail lights on a LED equiped Overland. The were working fine and then today i noticed that the left taillights driving lights are nit working. Reverse, blinker/hazards, breaks all function but the driving lights are not. I use the JSCAN as aprogrammer. Any ideas on what the issue could be? Thanks!
PM'ed you so we can work through this!

Sponsored

KHam

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Since you have the Tazer already installed, all you need to do is go in and follow the instructions below

Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights A0BF2CE2-D251-4867-9391-69058020701A
That appears to have taken care of it. Thank you!

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
cant wait for the solution. My back up lights started randomly cutting out today . Coming from halogen.
Just installed the Oracle supplied resistors. All is good. I had halogens also. Initially i tried 6 ohm resistors which worked on one light but not the other. The 39 ohm resistors they supplied fixed the on and off issue i was having on both lights.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
I installed the resistors they supplied during initial install. Both backup lights would and still do turn on. The right one cuts out whenever it feels like.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just installed the Oracle supplied resistors. All is good. I had halogens also. Initially i tried 6 ohm resistors which worked on one light but not the other. The 39 ohm resistors they supplied fixed the on and off issue i was having on both lights.
I installed the resistors they supplied during initial install. Both backup lights would and still do turn on. The right one cuts out whenever it feels like.
Did you use the supplied scotch locks or solder them? If the former id check continuity.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Did you use the supplied scotch locks or solder them? If the former id check continuity.
Did you get a new resistor to fix on and off on the reverse lights? Trying to figure out what's going on, but pain killers have me pretty foggy.

Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get a new resistor to fix on and off on the reverse lights? Trying to figure out what's going on, but pain killers have me pretty foggy.
Prior to Oracle coming out with a fix i bought a pair of headlight resistors. They were only 6 ohms though. One side worked, one didn't. Oracle sent me the 39 ohm resistors and it fixed my on and off issue.

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
Love ‘em

Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights lead9-2011-ford-flex-titanium
Is your truck black? Can you send me a pic of the entire thing? I want to see how you did the rear. Really digging the stripe. Some info on that would be great

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Bubba. I dont know that is correct and you're digging your hole deeper with your customer base here imo.

I have your tails and your headlights and they're fine with the programmer. But this isn't 1-2% failure rate. It looks like anyone with halogens is going to need a tuner and that's not 1-2% failure.

You can't count people with a tuner as a success when you advertised plug and play. I wasn't plug and play and I got it to work because of JScan, but that isn't your success with plug and play, that is JScan saving your ass.

That isn't what you told everyone.

I think customers understand going from factory halogen headlights to LED headlights will require more work and a tuner, but you didn't tell anyone that on these. You added the circuit to make the brake and turns work plug n play but you forgot about balancing the LED reverse.

That isn't anyone's fault but Oracle's. Don't blame your customers.

Keyword here: Bubba.
I purchased the Bi-Ocular switchbacks to move from Halogen to LED and all I did was install the harness and the lights to the Jeep connection. Everything worked fine with no issues or having to do anything else in regards to changes in the jeep system. Perhaps I got lucky
Sponsored