Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Any update?

I doubt the Aux battery is the issue. Both batteries are connected parallel so the Jeep should start regardless. There's always power on the system. That's why it's so important to disconnect ALL grounds before working on the vehicle.

Did you check your fuses? Sometimes the fuses aren't seated in the panel firmly enough from the factory.
According to this: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/3-6l-ess-aux-battery-bypass.17293/

They aren’t exactly paralleled... well, technically they are, but through some equipment. Which is why a bad aux battery could cause a failure to start.
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
NO ONE said throw away the Jeep. But compare a TJ to JK, JL, JT and what we see is 50 years of simple basic engineering morphing into more and more complexity.

PFA (Point of Failure Analysis). I cut my engineering career in R&D and that is where is learned PFA. Complexity = more points of failure and without doing a proper analysis to identify and have a mitigation solution failure shows up on your front door. Start/Stop if a is a POF and a simple mitigation is to provide a bypass either manually or when it goes into 4WD, a simple switch at the transfer case can do that.

I feel Jeep is forgetting that some of us spend a lot of time past the curb.

In case you missed my tag line on my business card:
"Built to get you there...
Engineered to get you BACK!"
Not a valid argument, sorry...

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Healthcare
My understanding is that the auto start/stop feature is deactivated in 4WD. In this scenario, if the instrument cluster lights up, are you able to move the gear selected into neutral and activate 4WD to deactivate the auto start/stop to start the vehicle? Probably not, but just curious.

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
My understanding is that the auto start/stop feature is deactivated in 4WD. In this scenario, if the instrument cluster lights up, are you able to move the gear selected into neutral and activate 4WD to deactivate the auto start/stop to start the vehicle? Probably not, but just curious.
It still works in 4H - as I was doing some trail stuff and had to turn off the start-stop with the button. I didn't test it in 4L though.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
4L turns it off. Not 4H.

But I doubt that would resolve the issue of no power coming from that battery at the point of ignition.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I wouldn’t off road alone without a winch and additional power source. But that’s just me.

OP
OP
Flipturn2

Flipturn2

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Update!

Well the Gladiator is back. The dealer had to pull a AUX battery from a gladiator on the lot because they couldn't get a date for the replacement. They are back ordered. So far no problems with the new battery.

Question for the group:

Has anyone else had a similar problem like this with their Gladiator?

Cheers

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Update!

Well the Gladiator is back. The dealer had to pull a AUX battery from a gladiator on the lot because they couldn't get a date for the replacement. They are back ordered. So far no problems with the new battery.

Question for the group:

Has anyone else had a similar problem like this with their Gladiator?

Cheers
A handful of people on the JL side have had a similar situation of the AUX battery dumping and needing replacing. I would not say it is a common or endemic issue, but it is not unheard of.

I would expect the law of averages to be the same amount of failures on the Gladiator for the AUX battery as the JL.

Shiloh JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
So I am out and about with my kids in my new Gladiator. We park the car and run some errands. We come back and jump in the car and try to start the car. Nothing! No turnover! No Sounds! Na Da!. The instrument cluster lights up. We can open and lock the doors. The interior lighting works. Nothing on the touch screen. I call the dealer and the next thing I am getting the car towed back to the dealer. They keep it for a few days and finally tell me that the Start Stop battery had failed and it would be over week to get the replacement. Needless to say, the car has not been returned. The problem I have is: how would Jeep design a start system for a car that is designed to go out to the middle of nowhere, that can fail to start when even has two batteries with no signs or warnings? Could you imagine being stuck on the Rubicon trail with no way to start your car? There has to be a way to bypass this system in a pinch.

20190727_210228149_iOS.jpg
Hi

Sorry to hear about your experience, as the exact same thing happened to me a couple of days ago.
I was about an hour and a half away from home, went to lunch, and when I came back to my Gladiator it wouldn't start.
That said, I looked online via my phone, and I couldn't find anything to help.
As someone who would rather push the truck home than call a crooked dealer,, I first tried to fix the problem by disconnecting the battery. Nothing.
After some additional thought, I resorted to pulling fuse # F10, and bingo, the truck re-set itself.
For the record, I don't buy into the start/stop battery story.
These dealer simply don't care about your inconvenience.
Their job is to rape Mother Jeep for as much as they can, to include towing reimbursement, storage fees, exorbitant labor fees, and inflated parts markups.
To note, fuse # F10 is the little blue one, located in the driver's side forward corner of the fuse box.
Hope this reply helps the next victim.

Take care !

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
According to this: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/3-6l-ess-aux-battery-bypass.17293/

They aren’t exactly paralleled... well, technically they are, but through some equipment. Which is why a bad aux battery could cause a failure to start.
Yep you're right. The Aux battery is actually the starting battery. It's odd they wired it that way, but they did.

Wish I could afford one of those Genesis dual battery kits. Those are SO sweet but SO expensive.

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
the exact same thing happened to me a couple of days ago. I looked online via my phone, and I couldn't find anything to help.
I first tried to fix the problem by disconnecting the battery. Nothing.
After some additional thought, I resorted to pulling fuse # F10, and bingo, the truck re-set itself.
For the record, I don't buy into the start/stop battery story.
To note, fuse # F10 is the little blue one, located in the driver's side forward corner of the fuse box.
Hope this reply helps the next victim.
Wish they had a picture of the fuse box layout in the manual...

F10
15 Amp Blue
Key Ignition Node (KIN)/Radio Frequency Hub (RF HUB)/Electric Steering Column Lock (ESCL)

double J

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon

Gunnuts

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
I know this tread is old but I had the same issue yesterday. Everything turns on, the push button start stop will turn on ignition and move to start but will not turn the motor over. No click like a dead battery....nothing. I had to pull the F10 fuse a couple times, turn it around......whatever.....and it started up. I'll have to see if the issue repeats itself. I'm glad this fix was posted or I would've needed a ride...

Mickey1961

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
I know this tread is old but I had the same issue yesterday. Everything turns on, the push button start stop will turn on ignition and move to start but will not turn the motor over. No click like a dead battery....nothing. I had to pull the F10 fuse a couple times, turn it around......whatever.....and it started up. I'll have to see if the issue repeats itself. I'm glad this fix was posted or I would've needed a ride...
You believe mine yesterday shut off at a traffic light called a tow truck and I tried it again and it started

emcdonald

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Altitude, 2021 Gladiator Diesel Sport S
Occupation
Construction
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Down! Failed to Start with no warnings IMG_5378

I had the same issue tonight on my way home from shopping with the wife. It is a 2021 Sport S Eco Diesel. I pulled out onto the road and smelled a rotten egg smell and got the warning that the start/stop was not available. I pulled over as not knowing what it was and shut the jeep off hoping it would clear the error. Went to turn it back on and nothing.

I have only had the jeep for a week and it has 308 miles on it.

Funny part was my wife's Liberty died at this same location a month and a half ago and that is when we decided to order the Gladiator
Sponsored