OP
ShrimpHappens

ShrimpHappens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport S
How in the world did you spot this?
FCA [Stellantis] has a history of putting up images with no titles or caption that are indeed teasers. They did it heavily for the Hellcat--the 707hp figure was teased as 7:07 on the clock or something like that. I was bored at work and just had a hunch.
Sponsored

jpjpjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Is Jeep encouraging early adopters by setting a MSRP that is later bumped a few months later like the 4xe Wrangler? Or does the MSRP a set-it-and-forget-it type that won't rise as quickly as the 4xe Wrangler?

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
I’m leaning towards shrimphappens being an insider or Jeep PR lol. First post is about a teaser and the clues behind it. I would think your first post would be about your Jeep purchase. Also, went through all the trouble of spelling out FCA [Stellantis]. I see you and thank you for the tease. Keep them coming.

Monkeywrench

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra, Triumph motorcycles
Occupation
Risk Management
I’m holding out to see if this will come to fruition and to see what colors are offered for MY 2022. It would be just my luck to order a 2021 and then this drop. What’s another few months?

Last edited:

Sponsored

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Very intrigued as well in this. As others have already said, I’m curious what engine is in this since Jeep claimed the 2.0 wouldn’t work in the JT and currently that’s the only engine available with the 4xe. Would be very sweet if they could pair it with the 3.6. Of course Jeep claimed for years that they couldn’t fit the 8 in the Jeep and we all know how “true” that was.

gladicanuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator Willys
been lurking for a while, this was enough to get an account...

I've been eyeing up every Mojave that came up on autotrader (not many in-Province :(), but the 4xe would likely be a reason to order from scratch - been hoping this was coming for a while. Anyone have any idea if there's a vaguely consistent time from teaser images like this to release? (even in the scope of 'days'/'months'/'acknowledges existence but might never be seen outside a proof of concept')?

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
My neighbor has the 4xe Rubicon Wrangler. Done plenty of electric only miles, but on the highway he said the thing is a pig. Easy to imagine the Gladiator will be worse.

Sorta maybe makes sense if you do a lot of short in town trips, but if you're out on the highway big ol' meh. Extra complexity, 4cyl turbo gasser, added weight.

As soon as you add bigger tires and lift it I bet the little battery won't even keep up in hybrid mode on the highway and you're running exclusively on the 4cyl. Same if you run higher speeds.

Pass.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
My neighbor has the 4xe Rubicon Wrangler. Done plenty of electric only miles, but on the highway he said the thing is a pig. Easy to imagine the Gladiator will be worse.

Sorta maybe makes sense if you do a lot of short in town trips, but if you're out on the highway big ol' meh. Extra complexity, 4cyl turbo gasser, added weight.

As soon as you add bigger tires and lift it I bet the little battery won't even keep up in hybrid mode on the highway and you're running exclusively on the 4cyl. Same if you run higher speeds.

Pass.
Something must be wrong because we just put 150 miles on the highway today, and we had full family riding 75mph and we had plenty of squirt to hit 85-90 to get around weirdos in Chicago.

Sponsored

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
I hope this is sooner than later. I think someone mention the cargo bed light button. I believe there is a button below the headlight control. If so that is where the button for the bed plug is.

Monkeywrench

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra, Triumph motorcycles
Occupation
Risk Management
Legislation is pending to up the tax credit to as much as $12,500. I’m kicking around getting a wrangler 4xe then trading for the gladiator when released. Because I think a matter of when, not if.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Legislation is pending to up the tax credit to as much as $12,500. I’m kicking around getting a wrangler 4xe then trading for the gladiator when released. Because I think a matter of when, not if.
Wait, does the 4xE qualify for a credit? Thought it had to be full-electric.
Sponsored