Sponsored

Cpt Adama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler XL
It's all fun and games until your battery goes dead in the middle of Moab 400 miles from the closest charge.
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I'm fine with less money being robbed from people.

I have my deposit on a Cyber Truck. It will replace the Gladiator if it actually ships as planned, which seems unlikely.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I'm fine with less money being robbed from people.
It's NOT less money being robbed from people. At all. It's the same money being robbed from people, just being robbed from the rest of the tax payers instead.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Ok, I'm fine with people deciding to do something about being robbed and preventing it, just like everyone else can.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Ok, I'm fine with people deciding to do something about being robbed and preventing it, just like everyone else can.
Lol. I'll show them! I will spend $100k on a Tesla to shift $7,500 of my taxes onto everyone else. :giggle: That'll teach 'em good.

Cpt Adama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler XL
So it's exactly like running out of gas you say?
Not really, we all bring 5 gal of extra gas to get us to the next fill up which is much closer than an electric fill up. Will your electric Gladiator have a spare charge the size and weight of a full 5 gallon "jerry" can that can get you to a full charge? We all know the answer is no to that.

jamief

First Name
jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 landcruiser
Not really, we all bring 5 gal of extra gas to get us to the next fill up which is much closer than an electric fill up. Will your electric Gladiator have a spare charge the size and weight of a full 5 gallon "jerry" can that can get you to a full charge? We all know the answer is no to that.
Are you talking about some hypothetical all electric gladiator or the much more likely 4xe gladiator? Because the 4xe gladiator has a gas tank with it... entirely for the reason you mentioned

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Lol. I'll show them! I will spend $100k on a Tesla to shift $7,500 of my taxes onto everyone else. :giggle: That'll teach 'em good.
So it's not a problem and corrects itself you say? Also, of course, most Teslas don't cost that much.

The Ford is a joke. Spend a little time digging into its details, and it's a fail compared to the Rivian and Tesla.

Sponsored

Cpt Adama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler XL
Are you talking about some hypothetical all electric gladiator or the much more likely 4xe gladiator? Because the 4xe gladiator has a gas tank with it... entirely for the reason you mentioned
Correct, I should have clarified the all electric rather than the hybrid. Thanks for pointing that out!

ColoFreeJeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys, 2005 Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The Ford is a joke. Spend a little time digging into its details, and it's a fail compared to the Rivian and Tesla.
The point was that this thread in this forum is being used for national news.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
The $40k Lightning will be faster and tow more than the $40k cybertruck. And it will look normal. Will see what any eventual Lightning Raptor will do vs the tri motor tesla.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
We bought ours for the power, that is always there. It runs on gas, so any far out place is aas accessible as it is with any conventional auto. My SC runs like a top with 18k on the clock
Sponsored