Is anybody happy with the new Gladiator

five0.4tluv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gobi JTR and '17 JKU
I love mine 20 JTR Gobi. 3.5" MC Gamechanger and 37s.. I don't like the AC issues which coincidently the JL also has and the passenger floorboard gets hot AF on long trips. My 17 JKU doesn't have either issue.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Mine sucks - especially with the doors off - it'll suck the hat right off your head.
And it sucks because I ain't getting anything else done but messing around with it, cleaning, tweaking, improving my roof lift, making carts for stuff.
It's a time pit and a money pit and now my other vehicles mostly sit.
It's too damned comfortable, I always want to be the driver whenever my wife wants to go anywhere - even she says "we takin' the truck today"?

It's like some bloody twilight zone thing, messing with my motivation to do anything else.
You know those movies - where the teens always end up going into the old barn full of meat hooks and chain saws where the scary creep is? They just can't help themselves?
That's how this truck is.......

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Mine sucks - especially with the doors off - it'll suck the hat right off your head.
And it sucks because I ain't getting anything else done but messing around with it, cleaning, tweaking, improving my roof lift, making carts for stuff.
It's a time pit and a money pit and now my other vehicles mostly sit.
It's too damned comfortable, I always want to be the driver whenever my wife wants to go anywhere - even she says "we takin' the truck today"?

It's like some bloody twilight zone thing, messing with my motivation to do anything else.
You know those movies - where the teens always end up going into the old barn full of meat hooks and chain saws where the scary creep is? They just can't help themselves?
That's how this truck is.......
I'm currently in Rehab for my addiction!!!

gitnit

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
equipment operator
Just turned 14,000 miles and I absolutely love my Gladiator. Have had plenty of Jeeps in the past, most notably the JK I sold to buy this one. It took about 5 minutes on the road to realize, regardless of any small nuisances (ummm...it's a Jeep), it rides better than a Jeep should off the lot. What's really crazy, they seem to ride even better lifted. I did the simple Mopar 2" with a Synergy adjustable track bar just to get the belly up a bit while I decide on what I really want to do. Quite frankly, I love it. Especially as this is not just a trail rig, but a daily driver for me. Its everything I love about a Jeep with some nice luxury upgrades and a whole hell of a lot of utility. A lot of complaints I hear honestly are folks that might be better off with a Grand Cherokee instead. If you want Tacoma-like utility and Jeep fun factor and capability, this is it!

Glady_1.jpeg

Glady_2.jpeg

Glady_3.jpeg

Glady_4.jpeg

Sponsored

gitnit

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
equipment operator
I loved my 04 TJ and saved for paint and a hard top but my last oil change, I saw that my frame had rusted and that hit me hard because it would be constant repair.
I traded it on a 2020 Gladiator Sport and the sadness went away fast. This thing rides great and goes anywhere. Since I'm 58, the lift won't be as high but the modifications will be just as substantial. Now lets pass some Broncos on the trail!

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Breaktrack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
New to the forum. Currently drive a 2018 Toyota Tundra and seriously considering trading for a Gladiator. I actually have a really good offer from a dealer now. But here is why I am hesitant. On this forum there is over 20 pages of complaints and issues. Are the Gladiators that bad? Should I reconsider. This will be my first Jeep. Any advise?
Below are three links to posts I've made about my trip last year after picking up one of the first Gladiators delivered to Houston after the opening of orders once the Launch Edition thingy was over. They aren't necessarily in order, but they cover a six month road trip I started the day after I picked mine up. Around 23,000 miles. I've now got about 35,954 miles on it and I still like it just as much. It's my 8th Jeep in a row and I'm just as pleased with it as the 2012 JKU Rubicon I traded in with 153,000 miles on it.

I have no regrets and no problems with this Gladiator that you wouldn't have with any Wrangler. And honestly, it's just a Wrangler with a truck bed on it and increased towing ability, lol. I love it.

Mac

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...eport-still-plugging-away-20-355-miles.23167/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/decided-i-hadn’t-gone-far-enough.20199/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...rt-jt-rubicon-on-the-road-17-000-miles.21782/

OP
OP
GarboHD

GarboHD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks for all the replies. Was able to do a road trip this past week. Drove and road great. No regrets at all.

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
New to the forum. Currently drive a 2018 Toyota Tundra and seriously considering trading for a Gladiator. I actually have a really good offer from a dealer now. But here is why I am hesitant. On this forum there is over 20 pages of complaints and issues. Are the Gladiators that bad? Should I reconsider. This will be my first Jeep. Any advise?
As past Tundra and Tacoma owner I can say that I’m happy with my Gladiator. I know how good Toyota trucks are but if I remember my days on the toy forums, there were a few pages of complaints there too.

Sponsored

Oakstump

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I haven’t read all the responses but I absolutely hate mine. It’s got 1200 miles on it, last 200 put on by the dealer. I have the P-300 misfire plague that no one can fix. Haven’t see or driven my car a total of 35 plus days. Jeep Cares and Jeep Wave never return calls or call when they say they will. My Jeep is currently being reviewed for a buy back for the third time. This has forced me to send them a letter of non-conforming condition and if this buy back is denied I’ll have no choice but to pay an attorney. I will never own another FCA vehicle and will tell any and everyone I meet to look at a different company.
Sorry I’m a salty boy. I was beyond excited to own it and now I want absolutely nothing to do with it.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
I haven’t read all the responses but I absolutely hate mine. It’s got 1200 miles on it, last 200 put on by the dealer. I have the P-300 misfire plague that no one can fix. Haven’t see or driven my car a total of 35 plus days. Jeep Cares and Jeep Wave never return calls or call when they say they will. My Jeep is currently being reviewed for a buy back for the third time. This has forced me to send them a letter of non-conforming condition and if this buy back is denied I’ll have no choice but to pay an attorney. I will never own another FCA vehicle and will tell any and everyone I meet to look at a different company.
Sorry I’m a salty boy. I was beyond excited to own it and now I want absolutely nothing to do with it.

I love mine but if I were in your situation, I'd feel exactly the same way. Good luck. I hope it gets resolved soon for you.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
na
I've had 6 JK's, and now have a JT with the misfire issue. I am weighing my options. Has anyone dropped their JT for a JL? Any regrets? I really enjoyed my JT until it crapped out on me. Wondering if a new JT will have the same issues or if I should just get a JL. Thanks.. and if you have the dreaded P0300 I feel your pain.

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
Love...hate relationship. 5 inch Radio has been replaced but the firmware shorting out pop has been in the wrangler since 2018 continues. Ac also comes on at random even when have set for facing forward and on full heat, in winter.. Jeep " cares " has been no help and the dealers,....one suggested buying an aftermarket radio.......I've had small issues elsewhere I fixed myself. I want to enjoy and i love my gladiator. This is my third jeep but I'm just trying to convince myself to wait and see if they do a radio/AC recall or tsb.

Bright side I got the steering TSB so no more feeling like it's going to kamikaze off the road which is good. Time will tell

txGlad

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
TX Semiconductors
Absolutely love mine! I had or have the P-300 misfire CEL code as well as a leaking back window that had to be replaced. Before it had 1000miles it was in the shop 4 times for almost 3 weeks. Most of this time was for the CEL issue. After having a regional FCA engineer look at the truck, it was diagnosed as an ECM program issue that they haven't found the fix for yet (false error). I was skeptical, but took it on a 3000 mile tour of Colorado and fell in love with the truck. Fantastic highway manners and more off road capability than I will ever have the nerve to really test. I was where many people are on the misfire thread - ready to call it a lemon - and now couldn't be happier with the purchase. Note that since the CEL came on almost every time I drove it in the first 1000 miles, in the next 4000 miles it has only come on once.
Sponsored