Sponsored

Is it dumb to wait on MY 2023?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I could see there being a refresh but I doubt it'll be a huge one like the JK. Probably minor changes like the TJ. The JK was very outdated even for the first day it came out, and was prior to FCA understanding customers wanting more luxury/tech.
Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Whether it's cars, trucks, motorcycles, PCs or any other 'tech', there will always be something newer, better, bigger or different we think we need/want.
Women, too. I'll stick with the one I have.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Maybe hybrid by then if that tech suits you-

Sponsored

jfhull71

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, Gator Sport S
Occupation
Millwright
About the only thing I can think of is exterior color = if there is a particular color outside of the standard greys/white/black that you like, it will surely be gone next model year. (ahem: Gator in my case :facepalm:)
I suppose there is a chance the V8 and/or the hybrid setups might be available by then? (But probably only for 2024 delivery?)
IMG_20210325_160527028.jpg

OrangeTJ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKUS, 05 Dodge 2500 CTD
For me, one of the really cool thing about Jeeps is that they stay awesome, even when they aren't the latest model. This analogy may not resonate with a lot of people but it does for me - Jeeps are a bit like Harley Davidson motorcycles and 1911 .45s - timeless. There's always some new update around the corner but at the core, it's a Jeep. Frankly, I'd be more worried about some future update negatively impacting the "jeepness" of the thing (think IFS). We bought a 17 JKU, which is obviously just ahead of the JL and frankly I don't care at all. Prior to that, I had an 02 TJ and a 98 XJ. I'd happily still own either of those vehicles despite their utter lack of modern amenities. When it comes time to pull the trigger on a JT, I'll buy what is current and probably never look back.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Sounds like you have a decision anxiety disorder.

There is a saying in Engineering where you have to "shoot the engineers and go into production". Basically means there is point where you can second guess something to death to the point of stagnation.

If you can swing the financial, jump in.

Sponsored

OP
OP
869 KPH

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Here's my problem: I've been saving for a little over 2 years now and it looks like by the time I'm ready to purchase, MY 2023 will be less than a year out. As I understand it, that's when we should expect some mid-cycle refreshes. There's a couple of fomo-related issues that this brings up:
  • I would be pretty disappointed if I paid good $ for a Jeep design that was drastically improved upon within a year of my purchase;
  • I really want Uconnect 5. I mean, a massive screen would be awesome even if I don't actually option it - but maybe that means an 8.4" is the new standard;
  • I absolutely loved the saddle interior accents offered on the JKs - if that kind of contrast is available in MY 2023 I definitely want to wait;
  • Alternatively, if the design somehow gets worse (all hail rivnuts?), then maybe MY 2023 isn't so desirable.
Anyone have some experience or thought to share here? I mean how many 2017 JK owners feel like dunces, any? More appropriately, how many 3.8 JKers feel (felt?) major fomo on the newer interior design and the 3.6?

I think I kinda have to wait. But if MY 2023 comes without any major revisions that would suck too.
Yep, would've been dumb to wait apparently! lol.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
It’s either going to be a MY24 Rubicon or a Grenadier.

OP
OP
869 KPH

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
It’s either going to be a MY24 Rubicon or a Grenadier.
Looks like you already have a Jeep, so yeah wait as long as you want. I did not, and should not have waited as long as I did, lol!