Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Electrical issues and apparently nobody can figure it out. Dash will light up like a Christmas tree. Service shifter will appear. Power steering goes out. 50 plus codes come up.
I'll just say this.

1. Had those issues. Service shifter light coming on, lights flickering, and shifter lights flashing. Decided to unseat and reseat all electrical connections. After I tightened the battery terminals back I gave the negative post a little tug and it came right off. Even though it was as tight as can be. Turns out for some reason the battery post was a little small and because it couldn't be tightened enough, it was a bad electrical connection. I bought a $2 shim from the auto parts store and rode for another 20,000 miles without that issue until the battery finally went bad. New battery in and rolling!

2. Most of us have had other vehicles with just as many issues. I've had Broncos, toyotas, a honda, and a mazda. All with multiple issues that cost a lot of money. At the end of the day, automobiles are built by humans which make mistakes because they aren't perfect. And remember, repair shops were slammed full of cars way before the 2020 Jeep JT Gladiator came out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
If the dealerships and jeep didn’t treat me the way they have and didn’t keep on dragging their feet I would be more then happy to try another gladiator.
100% one of the most frustrating parts of ownership. I have a hard time trusting dealerships in general to treat my vehicle the way I treat my vehicle. That extends to all makes I own or have owned. It's even more frustrating with something they can't resolve and they are content to leave you with no communication and no solution.

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
🍿

Who else thinks it's a bad ground and/or harness?

I had a bad fuse relay in my old JLUR that stranded me twice before they found it. Not fun. That being said, traded her in for my 4th Jeep.

Sponsored

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I really hope anyone on the fence about buying a jeep product looks the other way and purchases something different
Nope. I'm not going to let one outlier in thousands of Jeep products deter me from buying Jeep again.

matter76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Gator Green, 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
If one bad issue in one model of one make is enough to deter you from an entire brand, I think you better enroll in an engineering track at the closest college so you can build your own. Only way to avoid brands that have ever made a lemon or have had bad dealers under their umbrella I'm afraid.

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Pushing 20k with zero issues ... IMO your experience is the exception and not the norm. In sayin this I don't mean to discount your experience in any way. I strongly believe that manufactures should support dealers in supporting us ... the customer. In the rare occasions they should bend over backwards to resolve the issue in an expedient manner. Every manufacturer falls short in this area ... IMO

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Sounds like the Ford I owned. Biggest pile of crap car I ever bought. Sadly it was the second Ford I had bought and both of them were garbage. I won't even give them a 3rd chance. I can attest though to having to deal with the jeep dealerships that don't want to waste anytime with you.
Recently did a survey for Jeep and that was one of the things I mentioned they really needed to figure a way to get the dealerships on the ball or come up with something else cause it seems like the dealerships are the one's causing most of the pain

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I bought it brand new end of June 2020. No break controller. Only electrical mods are headlights that I installed the first month I bought it.
It’s always amusing to me that you guys install your own stuff and then wonder why you have issues?

Sponsored

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
It’s always amusing to me that you guys install your own stuff and then wonder why you have issues?
My headlights have nothing to do with my issue. Have been on the truck over 15k miles and no issues.

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
I have to resonate what some others have said here. It can happen with any brand. I work for Subaru, and they are known to be pretty diehard. I have seen a few over the past few years that were electrical basket cases, and Subaru bought them back from the customers. Sounds like you have a poor service department and an unlikely truck. I'm sorry dude. I see too many wranglers over 150k miles to believe they are all junk.... they seem over all reliable. I truly hope you get it resolved and fall in love with it. And if you jump ship, I hope you find something great! Lots of good products out there these days!

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
I am sorry that your experience has sucked.
I agree, it will all be traced back to one little problem. The problem is finding that little, intermittent problem. 25 years in the shop and these are the worst. There is some detail missing, something common that occurs and causes the problem; ie. a left turn, a pot hole, backed to the right, just got fuel, had the right rear door open, used the glove box, kicked wires under the dash, something that will not get duplicated in a shop. If they can't get it to happen, they will never find it.
We have a fleet vehicle that turns into a dashboard disco when 1 driver drives it and we have to go recover it. Nobody else has the problems, we have dozens of hours into chasing harnesses etc. and nothing, even reviewed video tape of the offending driver and cannot see any common denominators. We just gave it to someone else.

I have seen $3995- Kia's go for 250,000 miles and $100K Mercs and Jags dead at 5K. You just never know.

Maybe not the J-Scan's fault maybe yours. Something as simple as how you are installing it and removing it could do it. You can tell the dealer that you were connecting/disconnecting a code scanner but to look for scenarios tied in with pushing and pulling that, or what ever hand holds you might have had while in that area.

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
I am sorry that your experience has sucked.
I agree, it will all be traced back to one little problem. The problem is finding that little, intermittent problem. 25 years in the shop and these are the worst. There is some detail missing, something common that occurs and causes the problem; ie. a left turn, a pot hole, backed to the right, just got fuel, had the right rear door open, used the glove box, kicked wires under the dash, something that will not get duplicated in a shop. If they can't get it to happen, they will never find it.
We have a fleet vehicle that turns into a dashboard disco when 1 driver drives it and we have to go recover it. Nobody else has the problems, we have dozens of hours into chasing harnesses etc. and nothing, even reviewed video tape of the offending driver and cannot see any common denominators. We just gave it to someone else.

I have seen $3995- Kia's go for 250,000 miles and $100K Mercs and Jags dead at 5K. You just never know.
The whole ordeal has just been a nightmare. I don’t understand why one dealer would cut and splice wires and tape them up. Then dealership 2 tells me they have driven my vehicle for multiple days and can’t duplicate the issue and that I need to come get my vehicle. As soon as I went to start it it goes nuts. When do the dealerships say enough is enough and lemon the vehicle? I’m just tired of dealing with it. I never get a call from the dealership telling me what’s going on. I have to reach out and I’m done doing it. Finally jeep cares has stepped in and told me that the dealer has not responded back to star case in days and that they are sending a Chrysler tech out on Monday. Well Monday will be 30 days total that my vehicle has been in the shop. It’s little to late and I want them to buy it back. I know plenty of people who have had issues with other car brands and never once have they had any issue getting their vehicle fixed. I think if you pay 50k for a vehicle you should get some kind of good customer service.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Your complaints are absolutely fair and any of us would be pissed if it happened to us. I just don't think it happened because it's a Jeep, which the initial post and title kind of make it seem and why I think you got some push-back. I hope you get it resolved right away and are able to leave the dealership in good weather with your tops off and never have another problem with it.
Sponsored