Sponsored

Keep the mud on your tires NOT your sound system.

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Mojave & 2022 JLU High-Tide
Occupation
Retired Marine; Divorce Attorney
I decided to try a set of Terrra Acoustic speakers to see if they were better than the Mopar upgrade speakers I bought after reading this thread. The speakers the OP gave us the part number to in the first post are WAY BETTER than the Terra Acoustic speakers. I believe the problem is because the Terra acoustic 3.5" speaker is 6.8 ohm, the stock speaker and Mopar upgrade speakers are 3.8 ohm. You can barely hear the Terra Acoustic speakers... in my opinion the Terra Acoustic speakers are a downgrade from stock.

These Mopar Upgrade speakers the OP found are defiantly the way to go.... Good Find OP!!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
I decided to try a set of Terrra Acoustic speakers to see if they were better than the Mopar upgrade speakers I bought after reading this thread. The speakers the OP gave us the part number to in the first post are WAY BETTER than the Terra Acoustic speakers. I believe the problem is because the Terra acoustic 3.5" speaker is 6.8 ohm, the stock speaker and Mopar upgrade speakers are 3.8 ohm. You can barely hear the Terra Acoustic speakers... in my opinion the Terra Acoustic speakers are a downgrade from stock.

These Mopar Upgrade speakers the OP found are defiantly the way to go.... Good Find OP!!
Thanks for the shout out bud! I am 1000% satisfied with the swap ... I feel they mellowed out in time, i typically listed at volumes between 17-22. It first the treble was piercing, but now its perfectly integrated. I am still debating doing the rear as well ... i likely will, eventually.

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am basically keeping the gril with the tweeter from one set of the Terra Acoustics and replacing the 3.5 speaker with a Power Bass 3.5 woofer to see if it is any better. So I basically have $250 grills with Tweeters in them ? But I have waisted more money on other things, so it is lessen learned...

I put these Mopar Upgrade speakers in my wife's JLU and it sounds much better. The Terra Acoustics I bought for her are going back ...

Pat42

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave Gladiator

That is a very interesting discovery. Especially considering that quite a few like the Terra Acoustic speakers and say it is a great upgrade over the stock 3.5” speakers. But, I think you may be onto something regarding to the higher load of 6.8 ohms of the TA’s. I would expect them not to play as loud either (maybe that is part of what you noticed).

Even though I went with the Infinity 307F 3.5”s (measured load actually less then 3 ohms), and not the Mopars, a HUGE thank you to the OP for starting this thread and bringing it to everyone’s attention!
Btw, I would HIGHLY recommend doing the soundbar 3.5” speakers in the rear too. I put the Infinity 307F’s in the soundbar too and it is much more balanced sound than just doing the fronts..
Again @Ericshere03 thank you!!!

Sponsored

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am upgrading the soundbar to a 6.5" and tweeter

Pat42

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave Gladiator
I am upgrading the soundbar to a 6.5" and tweeter
Interestingly enough I bought the Kicker package from TrailSeven with the coaxial 3.5” for the dash and the Coaxial 6.5” plus the seperate tweeter for the soundbar and directly compared to having the Infinity 307F’s installed in the front and back and the Infinity’s sounded better and 1-2dB louder. My audio background tells me that it has to do with the fact that the kickers are also a heavier load at 4 ohms and because the 6.5” driver is different from the stock 4” mid-bass knee speaker up front. It just sounded out of balance to me from front to back. And again was not as loud as combining the Infinity 3.5’s with the stock 4” driver both front and back..
Needless to say I returned the TrailSeven kit and saved myself about $325 and have better sound..?

I am kind of anal about sound balance though as I have a 40 year history/background in home audio (especially 2-channel systems).. ?

Charles 236

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Jeep technician
I just installed the Mopar upgrade speakers in the upper dash Wednesday. I asked for the part number in the first post, but it has been superseded. Anyway, it is a good upgrade for me. My hearing is pretty bad now, and high tech hearing aids can only help so much, but I'm pleased with the sound quality.

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I tried the Terra Acoustics tweeter with the stock speaker, better but not as good as the Mopar upgrade speakers the OP recommended.

Needless to say, I just ordered another set of the Mopar upgrade speakers. So far they are the best ones I have heard. I have tried a few different kinds...

FL Robert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Mojave X
Build Thread
Link
The 2024 sound bar is different than previous years. I went with the Infinity Reference in the dash and sound bar. It sounds great! I did a write up with pics here

Jeep Gladiator Keep the mud on your tires NOT your sound system. 1715618047806-47

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
I like cheap OEM upgrades

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My other set of Mopar upgrade speakers came in yesterday and I installed them again. WAY better than everything else I have tired!!

My JL sub box came in too, When I have time I will hook the amp up to get some more bass to go with all the new highs I hear with the upgrade speakers

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
I've got a used pair coming from eBay, but i've got a silly question...

Is there any reason to be more cautious of rain with these? i.e. do the factory ones resist water better than the coaxial version?

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I've got a used pair coming from eBay, but i've got a silly question...

Is there any reason to be more cautious of rain with these? i.e. do the factory ones resist water better than the coaxial version?
These are factory speakers, just from a different car ...

OP
OP

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
My other set of Mopar upgrade speakers came in yesterday and I installed them again. WAY better than everything else I have tired!!

My JL sub box came in too, When I have time I will hook the amp up to get some more bass to go with all the new highs I hear with the upgrade speakers
That’s the icing on the cake! The sun on this stupid truck is always ‘ok’ at best. Sometimes it’s impressive and sometimes it’s kinda lame … but on average it’s ‘ok’ … the JL subwoofer is much more potent, it’s 2” larger and an extra channel of power.

I’d love if someone made a higher quality subwoofer, perhaps higher sensitivity and longer excursion for the stock enclosure, the triple channel and rear mounting bolt for stability are key for good integration into the stock system/enclosure …

I believe these same subwoofers are used in a ton of other Chrysler/FCA vehicles such as rams. There’s a free tip for the entrepreneurs out there looking for a product.
Sponsored