OP

21WhiteRubi

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Back to DT today to see if they can figure anything else out. Manager said they did rotate them yesterday as well. They said they would calibrate the balancer and start from scratch this time. Also road force balance as well. Fingers crossed...

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
it's their machine or the tires,

Here in Orlando, they had a bad machine, and I helped show them that it was their machine and not my Fikse 18x12 wheel,

W0PGK

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' JTR
Occupation
Geek
I am sitting in DT today also with the same exact problem on same wheels and tires, even the MPH that the vibrations happen. Looking forward to seeing if our solutions are the same.

OP
OP

21WhiteRubi

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

W0PGK

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' JTR
Occupation
Geek
You have the same lift setup as well?

There is another thread on here that has the same experience as us. They were further along in the process. Posted there but no response yet:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/vibration-from-20-25-mph-on-37s-common-issue.54834/
The only difference really is i have a Mopar lift and my Borah wheels have the protective rings on them. But the lift height, tire type, size, wheel speeds it happens, the way it happens year of JT, almost same vehicle.

OP
OP

21WhiteRubi

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only difference really is i have a Mopar lift and my Borah wheels have the protective rings on them. But the lift height, tire type, size, wheel speeds it happens, the way it happens year of JT, almost same vehicle.
Crazy. Let me know what you find out. Headed to pick mine up in about an hour. Will report back.

OP
OP

21WhiteRubi

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bad news. Vibration is still there. They said the left front was off by 3/4 of an oz but they rest was fine. It might be slightly better, but definitely still 22-30 mph. Goes away somewhat after that.

I think at this point I might just have to relent to taking it to my local off road shop and let them look at it. I am going to nut and bolt everything in my suspension this weekend, but I can't imagine anything is wrong there.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Having a similar issue. Rotate and balance helped but it isn't gone. Also going for a rebalance, on Monday, at a different shop.

W0PGK

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' JTR
Occupation
Geek
My tires were about 6oz off per tire. They didn't say + or - though. It has helped. I feel it it is cleared up but want to continue to drive it a few more days as I think I feel something in that 22 mph range... it may be something or me being overly focused on any vibration.

Sponsored

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
So here are the particulars on my Gladiator:

21 Rubicon, 3.6 auto
2.5" AEV DualSport Lift with Geo Correction Brackets
Yeti Steer Smarts HD Front Track Bar
AEV Borah Wheels

So I was running a set of BFG KM3s in a 315/70/17 size. While they were a little loud and cupped a bit (bought them used that way with 12k miles on them), they balanced out fine and rode nice and smooth.

Decided to finally move up to 37s and went with brand new Nitto Ridge Grapplers mounted to the same wheels. 37/12.50/17.

I now have a vibration from about 22-30 mph. Seems to lessen after that, but still a small vibration. Drives fine on the highway at 70mph, doesn't seem to increase, but haven't been over 70 yet.

Bought the Nittos through Discount Tire (same store I have gotten tires from many times in the past). Must have been the end of the day type job as they inflated the drivers side to 35 and the passenger side to 40 on the initial install. Reduced them all to 32 this morning, still have the vibration.

Took it back today and they rebalanced. Manager said he doesn't know who balanced them the day before but one was out 4 oz! Inflated them back to 35. Thought that would have done the trick. But nope, still have the vibration at about 22-30.

I will take them back to have them look at them again, but I hate being that guy, but I just know they aren't right. And I think it has to be tire/balancing related as the AEV suspension system is designed around 37s and my 35s were nice and smooth, and even a soft MT pattern! I know many here are running 37s without any issue.

Any suggestions, other than continuing to take them back to have them balanced?
Just had the exact issue. Went to Maxxis RAZR and totally smooth.

OP
OP

21WhiteRubi

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My tires were about 6oz off per tire. They didn't say + or - though. It has helped. I feel it it is cleared up but want to continue to drive it a few more days as I think I feel something in that 22 mph range... it may be something or me being overly focused on any vibration.
Glad yours is better. Wish I could say the same. My local 4wd so may be able to shed more light. Let me know if it stays good.

W0PGK

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' JTR
Occupation
Geek
Thought I would give an update. Even though it got better I could still feel it.

so I went in again and had DT do a road force balance, they said they found a few problems and they moved front tires to rear.

still feel it.

since I had it, I installed a 3/4” carrier bearing spacer.

still feel it.

next I am going to put the original tires and wheels on to confirm it is the tires / wheels and not the lift that is casing the problem.

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Mine 37s also vibrates above 50mph until DT performed static balancing. Maybe ask them to give it a shot.

W0PGK

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' JTR
Occupation
Geek
Confirmed. Original wheels have zero problems.

Those of you that are having problem, one detail that I have noticed that hasn't been addressed yet, is the valve stem placement. in my case, on all 4 tires, none are setup correctly based on the yellow mark on the tires. And in some cases it is almost 180 degrees off.

At this point I am going to push DT to fix this and re-balance again. if that doesn't work I feel like this requires new tires.
Sponsored