Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Y’all are getting me worked up into a froth! I’ve put a grand total of 675 miles on my JT since I bought it new in August and now I’m trying to justify a motor swap. I’m supposed to bring it in for regear in a few weeks but found myself browsing the Dynatrac web site this afternoon debating the pros and cons of 60/60 vs 60/80. Dangerous indeed.
I hear that! Most of my original mods were done under 3k miles or so.

Now all this and I am just turning 8k. Almost 2 years in with her!
Sponsored

Sponsored

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Dang it! I was going to take a pic of the odometer when I dropped it off and forgot. Was a tad excited. I think it was around the 10800 mark with less than a year on it.

Not arguing on expense but how I justified it was back in 2015 I bought a used 6.0 LS and used 6L80E transmission and a DIY kit and put it in my 2007 JKU after all the other pieces and parts, someone to install a exhuast, the kit and 5 weeks later of me crawling around, over, in and under it and $15000 I had a V8 in the JKU 5 years after that I was finally done with the tuning and the little bugs of marrying two operating systems together.

So what do I do. I end up selling it to my oldest son and getting the Gladiator. Point is for me, everything is new and somebody else installed it and will have any and all bugs worked out of it when I pick it up. I can not do all that crawling around anymore.

Still a lot of money and one has to do what they can afford and in the end we all enjoy the same thing. JEEPS!!! And spending money on them lol.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Dang it! I was going to take a pic of the odometer when I dropped it off and forgot. Was a tad excited. I think it was around the 10800 mark with less than a year on it.

Not arguing on expense but how I justified it was back in 2015 I bought a used 6.0 LS and used 6L80E transmission and a DIY kit and put it in my 2007 JKU after all the other pieces and parts, someone to install a exhuast, the kit and 5 weeks later of me crawling around, over, in and under it and $15000 I had a V8 in the JKU 5 years after that I was finally done with the tuning and the little bugs of marrying two operating systems together.

So what do I do. I end up selling it to my oldest son and getting the Gladiator. Point is for me, everything is new and somebody else installed it and will have any and all bugs worked out of it when I pick it up. I can not do all that crawling around anymore.

Still a lot of money and one has to do what they can afford and in the end we all enjoy the same thing. JEEPS!!! And spending money on them lol.
That's awesome. I'm building an '88 YJ with that same combination. I can't wait to get working on it again.

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
That's awesome. I'm building an '88 YJ with that same combination. I can't wait to get working on it again.
Need some Dana 44s w lockers for that thing? 😀
Still have mine with the Wilwoods.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
fact: I have now

I'd love myself some wilwoods. had them on a prior Mustang built and I loved them. But sadly I am on 17 inch rims 🙄
Yeah - I was lucky enough to do my first build on 18's so everything fit like a glove. Now I am on 17's and to go BACK to Wilwoods on the UD60's I need a 20" wheel.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Yeah - I was lucky enough to do my first build on 18's so everything fit like a glove. Now I am on 17's and to go BACK to Wilwoods on the UD60's I need a 20" wheel.
I like my wheels but I don't think I love them. A little too much offset for my taste but it will be a while until I can get a different wheel tire combo unless I find someone who wants to swap who has what I want lol

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Need some Dana 44s w lockers for that thing? 😀
Still have mine with the Wilwoods.
That would be sweet, but I have a set of '78-'79 Ford Dana 60's sitting next to it ready to be rebuilt, and installed.

If I had the cash, I'd jump at the chance to throw your rears under my Sport, so I could have lockers. I just placed an order for Clayton control arms and track bars, so I'm tapped out for a while. Thank you for asking, though. Cheers!

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Went back thru the post but may have missed it. What did you do for steering upgrades, hydro assist?

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Went back thru the post but may have missed it. What did you do for steering upgrades, hydro assist?
Ram steering box hydro assist and yeti smart steer components.
Sponsored