Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I'll ask them if it fits with my puny mopar lift. Would be nice to have more range. Not that 275M is bad but more is better
Agreed, I would really like to find a solution where I don't have to carry loose tanks.

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I noticed I am not using gears 1-6 much at all on the auto. Even cruising at 35MPH is done in 7th and everything over 45MPH gets 8th. I am curious what you guys think of going to 3.73 or 3.55? I doubt it would kill acceleration it maybe give me more range and better MPGs even? Also I would prefer for 8th at 65MPH to be at 1K RPMs

Sponsored

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I noticed I am not using gears 1-6 much at all on the auto. Even cruising at 35MPH is done in 7th and everything over 45MPH gets 8th. I am curious what you guys think of going to 3.73 or 3.55? I doubt it would kill acceleration it maybe give me more range and better MPGs even? Also I would prefer for 8th at 65MPH to be at 1K RPMs
I believe all of the shift points are built into the tune like that to me as economical as possible. I personally wouldn't think of gearing down especially being on 37s (correct me if I am wrong).

Maybe refer back to RUBI and ask them? The tune could always be updated to adjust shift points more to your liking all be it you will see a decrease in fuel economy I would think.

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I believe all of the shift points are built into the tune like that to me as economical as possible. I personally wouldn't think of gearing down especially being on 37s (correct me if I am wrong).

Maybe refer back to RUBI and ask them? The tune could always be updated to adjust shift points more to your liking all be it you will see a decrease in fuel economy I would think.
I need to look at some gear tables I think. As I understand longer gears require more torque to spin so it would make the truck slower in terms of accelerating but you cover more speed per gear. I am only on 35s and not sure why I should be riding around in 7th and 8th gear all the time and I would prefer for 8th to have a higher top end speed as well and be at a lower rpm range when going 65MPH (don't ask me why) which I can only do with taller gearing. I ask Ruby.

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
just putting it out there. the truck is awesome. the power and acceleration on the interstate is better than with my 2019 raptor. Getting from 75 to 95 in no time. every time you pull out to pass it just goes. It in fact goes so much that it motivates sports cars and other performance vehicles to pass you. I am still working on mitigating the cabin drone prob due to my 35s/ stock axle combo. Not sure.

Last edited:

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
just putting it out there. the truck is awesome. the power and acceleration on the interstate is better than with my 2019 raptor. Getting from 75 to 95 in no time. every time you pull out to pass it just goes. It in fact goes so much that it motivates sports cars and other performance vehicles to pass you. I am not happy however with the exhaust system and ordered a different muffler. The drone is very loud at 65-75PMH with my gearing and tire size. It's awesome below and above that but 65-75 unfortunately is a very common cruising speed and I can't be on the phone or hear the stereo type loud. Not sure how they came up with this design and thought it was good. I do think I am prob the only HEMI on 35s putting all the drone into cruising RPMs. Anyways it's fixable even if annoying that it needs fixing at this price point. Driving around town I switched to semi-automatic driving which is super fun.
I like my exhaust but wonder if that will change here in a few weeks once I am running the Redeye.

I think instead of replacing the muffler I may focus more on sound deadoning for the cab if its an issue.

What muffler are you going with? Did you happen to follow up with Rubi to voice your displeasure? I am curious to see if they would offer or entertain a solution. If they have the same customer culture as AMW they don't want any build leaving with its owner not FULLY satisfied.

Keep us posted! Always eager to hear more.

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I like my exhaust but wonder if that will change here in a few weeks once I am running the Redeye.

I think instead of replacing the muffler I may focus more on sound deadoning for the cab if its an issue.

What muffler are you going with? Did you happen to follow up with Rubi to voice your displeasure? I am curious to see if they would offer or entertain a solution. If they have the same customer culture as AMW they don't want any build leaving with its owner not FULLY satisfied.

Keep us posted! Always eager to hear more.
Yeah Rubi recommended the muffler I am getting. And they also offered to cover it if I don't like it. Drone issue usually is a frequency thing where engine and muffler vibrate together I thought and the resonator should take care of it but the guys at ruby say the muffler will do it. Obviously not too psyched to cut into the new exhaust but I need to be able to take work calls so will do it

IMG_20210307_170539_01.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
so pretty disappointing with the muffler swap. it muted the sound but not the drone. so I have now same level of drone as before which makes sense since it's usually the resonator and not the muffler that filters out drone. sound wise the new muffler takes away many of the deep notes so I can see how it's better for someone who wants a quieter exhaust but I am not a fan.

I am probably the only person on the planet who is disappointed with his HEMI. the drone at highway cruising really gets on my nerves and my kids say they get headaches so I am not using 8th anymore on the highway to stay above 2K RPM. On top of that the sound is now worse with the new muffler. annoying exhaust was the least of my concerns when doing the hemi swap but now I am thinking to just sell the truck

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Woa! Well like Instated earlier, I would really consider that BBII 70 flow. Ot really makes some nice mellow notes with lots of flow

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Woa! Well like Instated earlier, I would really consider that BBII 70 flow. Ot really makes some nice mellow notes with lots of flow
I am not sure i could just throw any aftermarket exhaust on?

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Slow down there partner. Like DAVECS1 stated, try the muffler he suggested or maybe any of the oval style magnaflow mufflers, maybe one will help with drone.
Right now I can not think of the part number I used but on my 6.0 LS swap I did, I used a 21" (?) magnaflow oval muffler and I had really nice tone with no drone, in fact I used another model design to lessen the noise level down and still had no drone. I will look and see if I can find the part numbers that I used and get back with them.
I am kind of thinking of trying one on mine as it has a bit of drone, not bad but it is there. I am running 2250 rpm's at 75 so not in the same area as you.
Sponsored