First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
@JeepCares I sent you a DM Friday evening.
Thanks.
We apologize for the delay in our response, and we look forward to assisting you there!

Kathryn
JeepCares
Sponsored

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
Update on my situation. As per FCA Jeep Canada, I went to another dealership (same one as DaveL) for a 2nd opinion. The 2nd dealership acknowledged there is an issue and that I'm eligible for the TSB, however...they said that they need guidance from FCA on if I'm approved due to the fact that I have a Mopar 2" lift & Mopar Fox SS installed.

The lift & SS was brand new and installed by my OG dealership back in February. I purposely had the dealership install and align it at a premium labour cost. I feel like as a customer, I've done everything "by the book" by purchasing a Mopar lift & SS and having it installed by an authorized dealer.

I'm frustrated that despite doing my part , I'm still hitting road blocks on getting this TSB fix approved. The Jeep only has 5500km, its practically brand new.

Good news is both FCA Jeep Canada rep and service advisor @ 2nd dealership have been helpful and vouch to help me through this process with FCA.

I'm hoping there is good ending to this. Took the Jeep out for a drive on the freeway this weekend and it was windy. Jeep was tracking everywhere, it wasn't pleasant. I have big plans for this truck (overlanding road trips to Moab, etc. with my son) but right now even if the US-CAN border was open, I would refuse to drive this long distance.
What does a lift have to do with the acknowledged faulty steering gear that Jeep has created a TSB to replace? Does the Magnuson act mean nothing anymore to these people? The lift didn’t cause the manufacturing or design defect in the original steering gear so it is irrelevant. I can see a dealer not wanting to work on a Jeep with the synergy sector shaft brace on it as they have to remove and install it to replace the steering gear. This seems reasonable to me, but to send you on your way because the Jeep is lifted? Gimme a break, most Jeeps are lifted or modified in some way.
@JeepCares what is your recommendation here?

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic
Yes I know that I'm just curious when the 2021's went into production.
I couldn't find a sticker, but I believe mine was built 8/24, or right around there.

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Dang after I have read and skimmed through this TSB thread, I might need to drive my LJ around a few days then compare to my JT.
My JT handles like a race car "streering wise" compared to my patrol car. It feels like you're riding a shark, back and forth as power transfer from left to right in transaxle.:headbang: dang FWD IF crap, the best thing about it is I have more leg room over the prior brand.
Probably why I don't notice it on way home from work just on way in. :facepalm: Since I haven't really got to drive it much other than to and from work for last 6 months.
YES I love solid axles, RWD and prefer to have at least a LS Diff.

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave | 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Dropped it off this morning, and now the dealer called and said the bolt didn't show up, and it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow. So they'll keep the Jeep a day or so; not the end of the world I suppose.

I think if the pattern of the missing bolt turns into a long run I'll see if I can borrow their JT on 40's for the time being.
Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 2020-09-14 16_24_32-New 2020 Jeep Gladiator RUBICON 4X4 Fargo ND _ Serving West Fargo, Detroit

Wvyou

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2007 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Director, Solutions Engineering
Had my steering box replaced today, and it feels like an entirely different vehicle . The play is entirely gone. Little to no wandering. No need to over-correct.

Sponsored

bring44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professor
Where do you live?
1 year? Really?
it was a two year degree for me. And I had to already be at a certain level to get there.
And then there was factory training I attended multiple times.

As a Mercedes tech, I could make 6 figures in some places. Typical starting for someone of my level would be $85,000.

This ain't exactly surgery - it's not even a fair comparison to the doctors and nurses of the world - that's why I have trouble understanding the issues with the steering TSB and the engine miss thing. It's not that hard.

You have to know a whole lot more to be a doctor or a nurse - an ARNP is almost a doctor, so I'm leaving out our heroes from this discussion.
A NP is nowhere near the educational level and experience of a doctors. Nursing education itself is a two year degree regardless of BSN or AS. Please stop putting nursing/ nursing education on a pedestal because it is a pretty scary educational development system if you actually know what it entails. Nurses are a dime a dozen, just like any of us.

ShikGluon

First Name
Zaza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Punk'n
For anyone in Maryland. I went to the Fred Frederick Chrysler Jeep Dodge Laurel dealership. The guy was a little rude, I suppose he didn't appreciate me handing him the TSB. They are a small repair shop, and so far I haven't had any issues with them (aside from buying a Jeep through them... that they suck at).

But... they looked at the truck and confirmed the wonder and said the parts will be ordered and they'll call me when they come in.

After reading this thread, I was super worried I was gonna have to fight the dealership or go somewhere else. I personally use this one cause I can drop my truck off and walk home. :rock:

Breyton

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2020 KTM Super Duke R, 2015 991
Update on my situation. As per FCA Jeep Canada, I went to another dealership (same one as DaveL) for a 2nd opinion. The 2nd dealership acknowledged there is an issue and that I'm eligible for the TSB, however...they said that they need guidance from FCA on if I'm approved due to the fact that I have a Mopar 2" lift & Mopar Fox SS installed.

The lift & SS was brand new and installed by my OG dealership back in February. I purposely had the dealership install and align it at a premium labour cost. I feel like as a customer, I've done everything "by the book" by purchasing a Mopar lift & SS and having it installed by an authorized dealer.

I'm frustrated that despite doing my part , I'm still hitting road blocks on getting this TSB fix approved. The Jeep only has 5500km, its practically brand new.

Good news is both FCA Jeep Canada rep and service advisor @ 2nd dealership have been helpful and vouch to help me through this process with FCA.

I'm hoping there is good ending to this. Took the Jeep out for a drive on the freeway this weekend and it was windy. Jeep was tracking everywhere, it wasn't pleasant. I have big plans for this truck (overlanding road trips to Moab, etc. with my son) but right now even if the US-CAN border was open, I would refuse to drive this long distance.
Mind sharing the Toronto dealer's name? I need to get this and the clutch recall done. Thanks.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
What does a lift have to do with the acknowledged faulty steering gear that Jeep has created a TSB to replace? Does the Magnuson act mean nothing anymore to these people? The lift didn’t cause the manufacturing or design defect in the original steering gear so it is irrelevant. I can see a dealer not wanting to work on a Jeep with the synergy sector shaft brace on it as they have to remove and install it to replace the steering gear. This seems reasonable to me, but to send you on your way because the Jeep is lifted? Gimme a break, most Jeeps are lifted or modified in some way.
@JeepCares what is your recommendation here?
Magnuson Moss Warranty Act is not applicable in Canada but get where you are coming from. Even in the United States, it is a pretty toothless law unless you got the coin to sue on your dime in Federal Civil Courts to enforce it.
Sponsored