Sponsored

HikerBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCLE Gladiator, ‘91 Wrangler, ‘08 GTI, ‘11 GTI

I’m feelin a little obsessive compulsive on this. Should their be play in my “new” replaced TSB like this? I showed the movement in the steering wheel in another video. Damn, I just want this right.
Sponsored

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
That movement looks fine to me. Of course it will be matched at the steering wheel. If the pitman arm isn't moving a small amount when you do this, then maybe there is a problem.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Dealership called and said they performed only software update and not a replacement of the steering box. Did this work for anyone else?
I would refuse to pick it up until the TSB is completed as written ... The new software is for the new steering box ...

I would not care who this worked for or didnt ...

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I would refuse to pick it up until the TSB is completed as written ... The new software is for the new steering box ...

I would not care who this worked for or didnt ...
I think this is a good stop gap while parts are on order, but not a final solution.

Sponsored

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
Dropped mine at dealer at 845 this morning. Was told it would be about a 2 hour job. As it stands now, it won't be ready until 330 pm tomorrow afternoon.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently some other jobs before you took longer than expected, or a tech called in sick, or they didn't have all the parts or something happened beyond their control.

Bdubs Q

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veracruz
Dealership called and said they performed only software update and not a replacement of the steering box. Did this work for anyone else?
Well the software flash did marginally improve things. Will be scheduling to get part replaced tomorrow.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Had the TSB completed today, 2 weeks wait for parts. only 10 miles to home but I can tell a very good change, especially on the highway.

Only issue I had was drifting since day 1 (8 /10/19). Better steering feel and instead of rifting seems like it points and steers much nicer. Truck always drove great, seems much better now.

I did have them re torque my 2 inch Mopar (self) install. They said they aligned it but did not document on my papers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

iGlad

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
socaljeepgladiatorowners.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
Just dropped my truck off at John Elways in Claremont, California. The were honest with the service bulletin and told me if diagnosed the part will take about 10 days to order. Hoping that is the case, as they mentioned they had another vehicle in the shop with the same issue.

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Had no issues with Faricy Boys in Colorado Springs - Called to ask about the TSB and they said to bring the Jeep in so they could look at it. I dropped it off a couple days later for an oil change and so they could look at it regarding the TSB.

I picked it up a couple hours later and they said my Jeep qualified for the new steering box...did not notice any additional miles on the odometer. They said the parts should be in within 30 days.

My steering hasn't honestly bothered me much at all. It does seem a little wandery maybe but nothing as bad as what people are saying on here, where they are afraid to even drive their JT. I actually decided to get it done after reading a comment on this thread where the OP said he never thought he had a big issue, but after getting it done he noticed a big difference.

I figure, worst case I don't notice a big difference but have better parts installed...best case I notice a huge difference and realize what I had been dealing with, haha.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I checked mine out last night, and sure enough, it's the dreaded aluminum one. Explains why I've been feeling like it should track better than it does. Off to the dealership I go...

IMG_20200922_174524943.jpg
Sponsored