First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I have an appointment for the P0300 CEL on Friday and told them about the tsb, he said I just needed a software update. I told h about the new steering box, but the said mine only needed the software.

Has anyone ran into this? Or only done the software and had success?
I haven't heard of any provision to execute the TSB partially. There are a few instances of dealers doing just the software portion while they wait for the hardware (steering box) to arrive. I recommend holding out for the full fix as it makes a HUGE difference in how the Jeep drives.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have an appointment for the P0300 CEL on Friday and told them about the tsb, he said I just needed a software update. I told h about the new steering box, but the said mine only needed the software.

Has anyone ran into this? Or only done the software and had success?
They are supposed to check for codes and software revision - the TSB is on the forum if you don't already have that. Read through it - see what they are supposed to check for first, but unless they find a code or issue, the TSB clearly states to replace the steering gear.
Software won't fix it - but they are supposed to check as PART OF the steering gear replacement process. If they find any errors or codes, they are to fix or resolve those first, obviously, as no use putting on new parts and sending it out with other issues!

akneppers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
UPDATE2: Glad to report after bleeding my steering is now GTG. Put a lot of miles on it hitting state land trails and enjoying fall foliage without issue.

I'd ordered the fox steering stabilizer last week and installed it last night. I like the feel. Seems to provide improved dampening with smoother and consistent feel/feedback. My jeep steers more like a truck now in a good way. Glad to be in a position to recommend the TSB again. Jack
Did you bleed it or did the dealer?

Tapped_Out

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
UPDATE2: Glad to report after bleeding my steering is now GTG. Put a lot of miles on it hitting state land trails and enjoying fall foliage without issue.

I'd ordered the fox steering stabilizer last week and installed it last night. I like the feel. Seems to provide improved dampening with smoother and consistent feel/feedback. My jeep steers more like a truck now in a good way. Glad to be in a position to recommend the TSB again. Jack
Tried looking at that FOX steering stabilizer and the link is broke on the Mopar site. Is that an accessory for all Jeeps, or do any of them such as the Rubicon or Mojave come with that one standard?

Is this the right one for the Gladiator?

Mopar Part #:77072360AB

This the part number for the steering stabilizer currently on our 2020 Mojave: P68251580AE

Update: Answered my own question about the FOX stabilizer.

This is the Mopar part, only costs $41.99 at Quadratec.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/steering-stabilizer-jl-jt-68251580AE

Last edited:

Bradt530

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
So I've been driving the past week or so with the fixed steering box. It amazes me every time I drive!!

On the highway... I no longer feel like a drunk driver, the truck no longer swerves like crazy when changing lanes, and I don't have to death grip the steering wheel. Overall it's just amazing! Wish it was like this from the beginning, but glad it is finally fixed. :)
I keep calling my dealership since they have already looked at it and said yes. I keep leaving voice mail and when I finally to take to someone I get NO none is stock. It appears there is no waiting list it's like the lottery. If you call and they have one when you call then I guess you get it. A real crappy way to to business. There should be a list and as the parts come in next on the list gets the parts not if you just call that day and I got one in you get it.
I don't have time to call everyday or multiple times a day.
It feels like to me it's getting worst. Hope it doesn't give out when I'm driving 80 on the hiway.

Sponsored

Bradt530

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Mike,
We do take all the information gathered from our monitoring of this forum, as well as the information collected from our other customer care teams, and pass it along to the appropriate parties for review.

We're sorry to hear about this. As your dealer stated, this TSB does only apply to the 2020 Jeep Gladiator. If you need any additional assistance while working with your dealer, please feel free to send our team a private message.
Alex
Jeep Cares
Help me get my 2020 fixed or at least on a list at my dealer. Going on 2 months now.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Help me get my 2020 fixed or at least on a list at my dealer. Going on 2 months now.
Please send our team a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so that we can look into this further.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Conrad101st

First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Title attorney
Is this a repair if your current system is obviously defective only, or will they updated even if your truck seems to be driving correctly?

RedRaptorJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Launch Edition
So after JeepCares reached across the US-CAN border and schooled FCA Canada on how to treat a customer...

Two weeks ago, my case was escalated to a higher level FCA Canada rep who told me that the TSB was approved (originally denied due to having the Mopar Lift installed). Dealership called me today to inform me all the parts are in and I'm scheduled for next Thursday morning.

I cannot express my appreciation and gratitude for Darlene @JeepCares. Thanks to her and JeepCares making this all possible!

Now hoping my install goes smoothly and I'm not back reporting notchy steering or steering fluid all over my engine bay.

Baby steps. ;)

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
So after JeepCares reached across the US-CAN border and schooled FCA Canada on how to treat a customer...

Two weeks ago, my case was escalated to a higher level FCA Canada rep who told me that the TSB was approved (originally denied due to having the Mopar Lift installed). Dealership called me today to inform me all the parts are in and I'm scheduled for next Thursday morning.

I cannot express my appreciation and gratitude for Darlene @JeepCares. Thanks to her and JeepCares making this all possible!

Now hoping my install goes smoothly and I'm not back reporting notchy steering or steering fluid all over my engine bay.

Baby steps. ;)
Congrats Red! Glad to hear you're on your way to proper steering. BTW...no spilled fluid or notchy steering here. Hopefully, that experience is the anomaly...Good luck!

Sponsored

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2” Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
Jeep owners modify Jeeps HWKIGRL your G.O. is modified with a lift. Did the dealer do it?
I did have the 2” Mopar lift installed at the dealer I purchased from and my local dealer that did my TSB work, installed the 35” BFG KO2s and ProComp wheels as well as doing the Mopar speedometer recalibration.
They never asked nor questioned my lift and tires.
They sell AEV modified Jeeps and Rams out of the Dealership and the Owner is a Jeep guy and has a fully custom highly modified personal Jeep.
It seems only certain shops try to skirt the issue and avoid doing the work with the lift and tires excuse, many others do it without question.

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
My dealer put me on the list today, I think I'm no.9 or 10 on the wait list. They had no issue putting me on the list for the TSB. It's a large dealership.

Out of curiosity, how do dealers replace this steering box ? Do they go in from the fender side or just reaching down or from under directly the engine, just asking if I should remove my wheel lock if they need to remove the drivers side wheel. Silly question perhaps, but I like to know some detail on how things are done.

Sgt. Pepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
got a message from dealership that they are unable to remove pitman arm to replace steering gear so they ordered a new pitman arm to go with new steering gear. is this familiar with any of you? thanks

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
got a message from dealership that they are unable to remove pitman arm to replace steering gear so they ordered a new pitman arm to go with new steering gear. is this familiar with any of you? thanks
Haven't seen that issue mentioned at all and I had to look what a Pitman Arm is

Sgt. Pepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Haven't seen that issue mentioned at all and I had to look what a Pitman Arm is
same, haven't seen this issue mentioned before, dropped vehicle off this morning and new pitman arm would be there tomorrow I was told, I guess I'll see how it goes tomorrow
Sponsored