First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I went by my local dealer to have mine inspected and get the part ordered. Dealer said I would have to leave my truck 3-4 days to get the inspection. They would not schedule the inspection. Another dealership farther away did schedule the inspection.

Such crappy service by dealers will cost Jeep my future business. I’ve bought a lot of Jeeps over the years and I believe my “new” Jeep days are over. The dealer has made this the most troubles new vehicle purchase of my life. I do hope this is the last thing I ever need from the dealerships.
We are sorry to hear that you've received poor service from your local Jeep dealer. If you would like this formally documented on your behalf, please send our team a private message.

I have the same issue after having TSB performed Friday....one inch n both directions....
Please send a message with your VIN so that we can have this notated and sent to the appropriate parties.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have the same issue after having TSB performed Friday....one inch n both directions....
Same...maybe a little more. At least 2" play. That's with the new cast iron TSB steering gear installed.

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
Same...maybe a little more. At least 2" play. That's with the new cast iron TSB steering gear installed.
Will you be bringing it back to the dealer or just live with it now?

Tapped_Out

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Military
I'm sad to report that my TSB steering repair isn't progressing very well. We visited the dealer a few weeks back and our steering gear was "supposedly" put on order. Then last week when we ordered the FOX steering stabilizer, we were told that both parts would be at the dealership tomorrow. I just called the dealership, and they state they have the FOX part, but the steering gear is still "unavailable."

Which really sucks @JeepCares because I'm supposed to move cross country in early November. So how about getting involved in this screwed up mess, and helping me out? Because this vehicle isn't safe to drive on the interstate.

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Will you be bringing it back to the dealer or just live with it now?
Lived with it so far....I had JeepCares refer me to FCA Jeep Canada Customer Care where the rep was really helpful. We went to a dealer they recommended, not the selling dealer. The selling dealer had the TSB; handed it to them. Read it to them. They said the Jeep was the same as one in stock, and the new steering gear request was refused. FCA JCCC corrected that, and the steering gear was installed elsewhere. There has been no survey for service work done for either dealer.

Great respect for JeepCare and FCAJCCC, and the dealer that did the work.

Sponsored

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Anyone around East TN had this done by a dealer?

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
Lived with it so far....I had JeepCares refer me to FCA Jeep Canada Customer Care where the rep was really helpful. We went to a dealer they recommended, not the selling dealer. The selling dealer had the TSB; handed it to them. Read it to them. They said the Jeep was the same as one in stock, and the new steering gear request was refused. FCA JCCC corrected that, and the steering gear was installed elsewhere. There has been no survey for service work done for either dealer.

Great respect for JeepCare and FCAJCCC, and the dealer that did the work.
I have to wonder if they at least adjusted the new box...also wonder if they adjusted the old box after the complaints and is why some aren't as bad as others.

Nespeezy

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
We are sorry to hear that you've received poor service from your local Jeep dealer. If you would like this formally documented on your behalf, please send our team a private message.

Please send a message with your VIN so that we can have this notated and sent to the appropriate parties.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Darlene
First forgive my frustration. First time I have ever spent over 50 grand for a vehicle. I am just curious how can Jeep dealerships treat people this way. This thread is 106 pages of hundreds of people saying the same thing. The dealership was their best friend the day they bought the jeep. Where is that friendship now. I went and had mine looked at and have been told they are on back order. I get on here and see people getting them week later. If Jeep cares then why are people going through this. Why are these taking so long to get fixed? This is my 15th jeep in 20 years and none of them steer like this right out of the showroom.

Gladiator in my dreams

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 1997 Land Rover Defender, 2018 Q7 Audi
Occupation
Reitired
Had good luck today at Wallace Jeep in Stuart, FL. Made appointment on Friday for a Tuesday 08:15 (today) check up on steering issue. They gave me a ride home, and called about noon same day. Told me they ordered all the parts and that I am #3 on their list. State that they are getting one new system per week. So, in 3 weeks I should be good to go. I could tell they did a road test as my Gladiator had 12 more miles than when I took it in.

No push back at all from dealer. One strange thing about my 2020 Overland, it was built on 09 / 19. I bought it 09 / 20, so it was a year old when I purchased. I had not looked on door jam before buying. Overland only had 19 miles on it during that year of sitting. Hope I do not run into any future issues from sitting someplace for a year.

Bob

Sponsored

CP4

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro RS, 2020 Sting Gray Gladiator
After dealing with lose steering and a creaking noise when I would start to turn the wheel in either direction, I scheduled my Gladiator to be checked for this issue. I dropped it off at the dealership yesterday and was told that I need the new steering box and that my Gladiator was unsafe to drive. My dealership said it would be at least two weeks before they get one in.

This is my first Jeep and I LOVE my Gladiator, but Iv'e never had to have anything fixed like this on a new car within the first three months of ownership.

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow
After dealing with lose steering and a creaking noise when I would start to turn the wheel in either direction, I scheduled my Gladiator to be checked for this issue. I dropped it off at the dealership yesterday and was told that I need the new steering box and that my Gladiator was unsafe to drive. My dealership said it would be at least two weeks before they get one in.

This is my first Jeep and I LOVE my Gladiator, but Iv'e never had to have anything fixed like this on a new car within the first three months of ownership.
Sorry to hear that man. I'm in the same boat as you, but hopefully your dealer will get it in asap.

Like you, my dealer won't let me pick up my Jeep (due to it being unsafe to drive)...

I dropped my Jeep off on September 1st. So next week it'll be 2 months my Jeep has been sitting at the dealership. Been working with Jeep Cares, but it's still frustrating as heck...

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Why are some dealerships telling customers that the JT is unsafe to drive? That is certainly not the attitude of the manufacturer.

CP4

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear that man. I'm in the same boat as you, but hopefully your dealer will get it in asap.

Like you, my dealer won't let me pick up my Jeep (due to it being unsafe to drive)...

I dropped my Jeep off on September 1st. So next week it'll be 2 months my Jeep has been sitting at the dealership. Been working with Jeep Cares, but it's still frustrating as heck...
Wow, that is crazy! After 2 months I would be beyond livid. Are they providing you with a loaner? My dealership gave me a Renegade but that is too small for my needs. Hopefully Jeep covers getting me into a vehicle that is similar while me Jeep is out.

CP4

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why are some dealerships telling customers that the JT is unsafe to drive? That is certainly not the attitude of the manufacturer.
They told me due to the creaking noise in the steering they highly recommended I not drive it until it was fixed. They said it could potentially cause an accident if something happened with the steering box.
Sponsored