Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
I'm impressed. I've been doing everything I was doing with my Ram. Pull my boat, my trailer, my 4 wheelers, and stuff. Lol. Been doing everything I need it to do. I can hit 100mph if I have to. And, I can do it topless and doorless!
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Forgot to add , My 2017 Tacoma had drum brakes. When I went to look at the new Gladiator also looked at a 2020 Tacoma still has a drum brakes. Canā€™t believe it.
Chevy has gone from rear drums to discs, back to rear drums, now back to rear discs, I believe... WTF GM???

azrubi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I mean knowing it's a midsized truck, knowing since it's a jeep I was going to have to pay a premium for it, overall I've had very little to complain about on mine. Going into the purchase and using my other Jeep wranglers and Jeep's I've owned as a bases, I got to say this thing really performs and does everything I need it to do for me. I'm glad I got the Max tow because I feel like that's something that I will definitely take advantage of. Overall this to me is a solid truck and it's a Jeep so to me win win, I'm Happy!:rock:
I traded my 2dr Rubicon 2.0 for my Gladiator. The turbo 4 was definitely quicker off the line, but the 3.6 is smoother and seems to pull and accelerate without having to jam the pedal to the floor. I'm still running the stock tires with 3.73 gears. 33 inch tires going on this Thursday with the Mopar 2inch lift.

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
Coming from a guy who was dropping Chevy V8s into ā€˜50 and ā€˜60 era CJs and M38s 40 years ago (some with 5:38 gearing!), Iā€™ve got to say that Iā€™m pleased with the performance of my JT powertrain. It is a near-perfect balance in every way. I give it an A+.

No IFS

First Name
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Banned
Chevy has gone from rear drums to discs, back to rear drums, now back to rear discs, I believe... WTF GM???
Yea IDK about gm. In the year 2020 there is no debate about Disc vs Drum brakes. I'm not even going to entertain the idea that drum brakes are better. Other than the Tacoma is there any vehicle produced in 2020 with drum brakes? Cheap rental car maybe ?

Sponsored

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All,
Jay here. 1st post on the boards and a few days into being a 1st time Jeep owner.

Short backstory:
We 've been travelling with the Pent 3.6 for a year now in our Promaster 3500 and I have to say,this little engine amazed us more than left us wanting more.

Our PM was a 159E and was just shy of 9,000# built out; it took us 32k around the USA, coast to coast, border to border.

Fast forward to last week when we test drove the JTR; we were simply floored (no pun intended)
This JTR feels like a rocketship. Certainly not a sports car or some Dodge RT SUV, but really, it goes better than well enough.

We have just under 800 mls on it in the last 5 days, with 400 mls towing a U-Haul. We'll have about 5k on the clock by next week this time.

We look forward to driving this truck more for sure.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
This JTR feels like a rocketship. Certainly not a sports car or some Dodge RT SUV, but really, it goes better than well enough.
Absolutely!

Some folks are misinterpreting what I've said. For what it is, it is damn impressive, and LEAPS and BOUNDS ahead of the 3.8L and it's transmission. And the 8-speed auto really helps the 3.6 A LOT for the low HP & TQ numbers it has! I've been very impressed with the low-end power of the 3.6L and the performance of the 8-speed auto, and how quick it is from a stop, even with my JTR being on 37's. But (personally, for my driving style) it seems to be lacking in the mid-to-upper RPM range, where a V8 would naturally have some extra "oomph" due to the larger displacement and higher HP & TQ numbers. I'm satisfied with what it is, but I would prefer it to have a V8, personally...

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
I'm more than happy with the power. As has been said it's not a race car. But with the 8 speed, 4-1 transfer case and in my case running 4.88s and 37s, it does just fine by me.

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
I'm more than happy with the power. As has been said it's not a race car. But with the 8 speed, 4-1 transfer case and in my case running 4.88s and 37s, it does just fine by me.

How do you like the 4.88s in the rears? Have been considering a gear swap. Most recommend 5.13s. Running 37s on stock Rubicon 4.10s here

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All,
Jay here. 1st post on the boards and a few days into being a 1st time Jeep owner.

Short backstory:
We 've been travelling with the Pent 3.6 for a year now in our Promaster 3500 and I have to say,this little engine amazed us more than left us wanting more.

Our PM was a 159E and was just shy of 9,000# built out; it took us 32k around the USA, coast to coast, border to border.

Fast forward to last week when we test drove the JTR; we were simply floored (no pun intended)

We have just under 800 mls on it in the last 5 days, with 400 mls towing a U-Haul. We'll have about 5k on the clock by next week this time.

We look forward to driving this truck more for sure.
Welcome @Jaydebe to the Jeep Life. Hope you have many more adventures in your new jeep.

Jeep Gladiator Overall who's pretty pleased with the power output of their Gladiator unnamed

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
It does what I need it to, but a 6.4 Hemi would certainly make it an even more fun vehicle. I don't think it's "underpowered" though.

Strick

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
The JT seems to have plenty of get up. I am coming out of a 07 Ridgeline and they are about the same in power but my JT get better gas mileage.

Ray F.

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubi
Iā€™m pleased with the power. It pulls what I need and allows me to pass at highway speeds. I havenā€™t taken it to the trail yet, but have no reason to believe it wonā€™t perform.

azrubi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
GM is penny pinching. Next, they'll be installing carburetors and points/condenser ignitions to save a few bucks. Their answer to why use drum brakes was that the customer likes the feel of a drum brake application. Corporate nonsense!
Sponsored