Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I tear down doors for a living
You’re wrong the auto with tow package can tow 6,000 in the overland
That's what I said. Without the factory tow package, the automatic is maxed at 4,500 pounds.
Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
maybe you’re thinking the JL wrangler?

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what I said. Without the factory tow package, the automatic is maxed at 4,500 pounds.
  • 240-Amp Alternator
  • Class IV Receiver Hitch
  • Heavy-Duty Engine Cooling
  • Trailer-Hitch Zoom

• not sure that’s gonna improve the max towing capacity 1500 lbs

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

thetruth1983

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I tear down doors for a living
I stand corrected, wouldn’t think the HD engine cooling would give an extra 1500, thought it was 6,000 regardless of having the tow package so long as it was automatic. Thanks, man!
It makes no sense I know. I have an overland without the tow package. That's why I've been looking at trailers with a dry weight of 3000 lb or less.

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Could the lower rating in the Overland be due to it's gearing? It's different than the sport and rubicons

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Could the lower rating in the Overland be due to it's gearing? It's different than the sport and rubicons
If I'm not mistaken, other than the Rubicon, Mojave, and the Max Tow they are all the same 3.73 gearing. There seems to be a misconception that the Overland is somehow different or lesser than the other trims mechanically or suspension wise.

Edit: I just remembered the High Altitudes are also 4.10 gears as they have the wide Dana 44s too. Otherwise they share the same components as the Overlands also.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I stand corrected, wouldn’t think the HD engine cooling would give an extra 1500, thought it was 6,000 regardless of having the tow package so long as it was automatic. Thanks, man!
If I'm not mistaken, other than the Rubicon, Mojave, and the Max Tow they are all the same 3.73 gearing. There seems to be a misconception that the Overland is somehow different or lesser than the other trims mechanically or suspension wise.

Edit: I just remembered the High Altitudes are also 4.10 gears as they have the wide Dana 44s too. Otherwise they share the same components as the Overlands also.
I believe the springs in the sport sport s and overland are the softest from the other trims.

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I believe the springs in the sport sport s and overland are the softest from the other trims.
Actually the springs that came on my '21 Overland also matched those that came on a Willys of the same year. The Willys just got the red shocks from the JLR otherwise the suspension appeared to be identical.

Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually the springs that came on my '21 Overland also matched those that came on a Willys of the same year. The Willys just got the red shocks from the JLR otherwise the suspension appeared to be identical.
Must be just the tires then, I found the Willys to ride much worse

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The rating decrease, without the Factory Tow Package, is due to the missing receiver and cooling capacity. The towing capabilities are similar across all the trim variants. The rating from the factory is based on the combination of engine, transmission, and installed options.

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
OP
OP
darinradz

darinradz

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator (Overland), 2021 Wrangler 4xe (Rub)
Occupation
Medical
Thanks everyone for all the responses and great discussion! I work nights so missed all the discussion. Here is a photo of the door plate on my specific Overland.
Jeep Gladiator Overland edition payload 20220425_094544

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Diesel does affect the payload.
Positively in some cases... since the diesel gets the wider axles, it gets the 6,500lb GVWR too so an overland or Sport with the diesel actually have a higher payload than they normally do. Gimps the Rubicon even harder though.

Thanks everyone for all the responses and great discussion! I work nights so missed all the discussion. Here is a photo of the door plate on my specific Overland.
20220425_094544.jpg
That's like 140lbs lower than the spec assuming a gas truck... I'm guessing you have a ton of factory options and/or maybe a few dealer installed Mopar add-ons?
Sponsored