Please teach me about jscan

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
I guess they do retain the DRL, so just change the lighting settings to LED and all should be good..
Gregj
Sponsored

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Do you guys leave your jscan with the security cable plugged in or make changes and take everything out and plug the security gateway back in?

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Do you guys leave your jscan with the security cable plugged in or make changes and take everything out and plug the security gateway back in?
I make changes and take everything out.

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Its actually behind the panel to the left ... but pulling the panel under the steering wheel it might help in seeing those plugs and letting in more light. The OBD port is in the bottom left of the picture and the plugs you need are just a few inches above that ... right about where I drew the circle

ALSO... supposedly the Rubicon has a extra CPU right there where I drew the circle and that is why it is tighter and more difficult to pull the plugs then on other models.

LAST... I have Rubicons and a Sport S so those are the ones Ive personally done. I have no knowledge about these supposed.."OTHER MODELS" some of you speak of.

If you heard the "click", you almost got it ..... maybe you need to pull harder? Mine were also very tough to get out the first time. I grabbed the bundle of wires from the plug and kept pulling hoping I wouldn't yank any of the wires out of the plug.

Hope this helps!

11-20200915_111801.jpg

Finally got around to getting new tires, ordered my cable and obd adapter and set out to recalibrate.

Only to find out I didn't really know where the plugs were. I googled and skimmed through threads but didn't see anything that was clear to me. After a few minutes I found them but if I had seen this picture it would've helped immensely!

I tore up my fingernails trying to pry the plugs out. I was too scared to pull on the wires, not wanting to have to fix anything if it came apart.

I grabbed a flat head screwdriver and was able to get it between the edge of the plug and where it seats. Twisting the screwdriver gently was enough to push it out where I could grab and pull the rest.

And like others, I was surprised to find the tire size already programed at 32.25... I had measured my new tires at 32.75. I went from stock 245/75 to 285/75. Are they preprogrammed with Rubicon tires in mind (285/70)? A lot of time, money, & effort for 1/2 inch.

I have yet to test the speedometer with a smartphone app (any app suggestions?). I can only guess that it was never accurate to begin with.

Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Finally got around to getting new tires, ordered my cable and obd adapter and set out to recalibrate.

<snip>

I have yet to test the speedometer with a smartphone app (any app suggestions?). I can only guess that it was never accurate to begin with.
I use Motion-X GPS.
So much more than just a simple GPS app.

Kevin

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
From what I have seen and read, the speedo is off on a lot of JT's from the factory. Maybe they did it to show better gas mileage. IDK. I do know mine was off and showing I was driving a lot more miles than I actually was.

KevinC

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
From what I have seen and read, the speedo is off on a lot of JT's from the factory. Maybe they did it to show better gas mileage. IDK. I do know mine was off and showing I was driving a lot more miles than I actually was.

KevinC
I might have that problem. I’ve got 11,000 miles in not quite 5 months. Haha

samw5

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet Silver Gladiator Rubicon
Anyone tried the power shift feature? Does it raise the auto trans shift points?

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
So what are the top features you can do with it? For 90 bucks is it much better then the 330 buck tazer option? I really need something because after bigger tires my speedometer is off 3 mph. No big deal but would like it to be accurate. Also would like to adjust Tpms so my light isn’t on as I’m running 30-32 psi. Jscan can do both of these correct? Also can I turn drl lights off with jscan?
You can do both. I've adjusted my tire size 3x time for different tires that I've had. My TPMS threshold is set at 18lbs. Might change it to 12lbs. You can adjust for LEDs, clear error codes, adjust for when you remove the hood pin for the Auto start, gear changes, and a ton of other things.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

KevinC
Not sure where that comes from or the supposed models impacted but when I did a test of mine using both my phone GPS and the Garmin I have - I went by odometer and set everything to 0.
Then I drove 17 miles. When I got home the odometer/trip/GPS miles matched to the tenth.
I also use FuelUp on my phone and last fill my truck said 20.7 mpg and fill up said 20.71 mpg - since the truck only goes to the tenth I consider that dead-even.
They are generally about .3 mpg within each other. That's pretty darned good.
The only discrepancy I have found is that the digital speed display is right, the analog usually shows about 1 to 2 mph faster when going 60. I have not figured the percentage that one is off but when I set my ACC the radar signs agree with what the cluster says.

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Just to confirm. Once you are complete with changing your settings with the jscan you can remove the OBD and cables and reinstall the security cables?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just to confirm. Once you are complete with changing your settings with the jscan you can remove the OBD and cables and reinstall the security cables?
Yes

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
There’s an analog speedometer?

lol

My digital speedometer is right on with the GPS.

Kevin
DUH - along with an analog tach LOL ->

Jeep Gladiator Please teach me about jscan speedo

And yes, my digital is right on the money with independent GPS.
Sponsored