Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Well, not anymore you don’t, since the DRL configuration is now Canada. Even the base Uconnect 3 radio has the option- it would be in settings > lights > daytime running lights > on/off
I don't have uconnect, I got the basic 5" screen, it doesn't have any of those options on the radio. I got no controls on the radio other than radio controls and making calls on the phone.
Sponsored

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
I don't have uconnect, I got the basic 5" screen, it doesn't have any of those options on the radio. I got no controls on the radio other than radio controls and making calls on the phone.
I always thought the lowest model radio in the JT was the 5” touchscreen. Where do you access the settings such as flash lights with locks, auto door locks, headlight illumination on approach, etc?
pQhms14.jpg

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I always thought the lowest model radio in the JT was the 5” touchscreen. Where do you access the settings such as flash lights with locks, auto door locks, headlight illumination on approach, etc?
pQhms14.jpg
I don't got auto door locks I got manual door locks and manual windows and I don't have auto headlight. I got to unlock my doors with the key and roll my windows up by hand. The only settings I got on the radio is settings for the radio. Mines a base sport with Max Tow.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
<snip>

AlfaOBD. In a way I wish had done that from day 1.
AlfaOBD - unlimited use, unlimited devices (I have it on my phone, my LG tablet and my Google

<snip>
This has sold me on the $49 aflaOBD VS the Jscan. I could always up the $22 for Jscan later. My main problem with alfaOBD is no IOS devices, but I have a Amazon Fire Tablet that I have been playing around with the Android free demo on, and also have an old Window 7 notebook that I only use to tune current and past motorcycles with that could be used since unlimited device after the initial purchase.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Another alfaOBD and Jscan question; do you need the dash EVIC display to be in the AUDIO screen as with the Taser? When trying out the alfaOBD free demo I had the EVIC showing the AUDIO screen assuming it was necessary as with the Taser.

Sponsored

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Another alfaOBD and Jscan question; do you need the dash EVIC display to be in the AUDIO screen as with the Taser? When trying out the alfaOBD free demo I had the EVIC showing the AUDIO screen assuming it was necessary as with the Taser.
No. The interface of the app itself is what communicates and navigates through the BCM configuration, so the vehicle EVIC is not involved.

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, what’s the correct cable for the icar? Looks like there are different ones. Confusing.

Also, while JScan seems cheaper than the taser options, it sure seems that the taser is easier to use. Correct?

anyone regret just not going that route?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I don't need the stuff taser does, didn't want to have to leave it in place, marry, unmarry, etc. as all I wanted was to change basic settings, make some mods, and do diagnostics. For 50 bucks of software, I can do everything I want to do.
If you want to make changes that only taser will do you need to go that route - some are changes that exist in the taser meaning you must leave it in place for them to work.
The changes I make stay in the system unless the dealer does some certain updates that may remove my changes, I can go back in and put them back very easily.
I don't care about disabling ess, changing certain light functions, etc. - things that live only inside the taser.
I just want to diagnose trouble codes, monitor engine functions and certain other things, and make changes like I did to enable passive entry and auto high beam.
For me, that 50 bucks for the AlfaOBD was worth it.
I'd have stuck with jscan but it's not as powerful, can't do all that AlfaOBD can, doesn't have the power. And frankly, I can use my stuff with any of our Jeeps now - it's portable if I wish to diagnose (like I did with my wife's Grand Cherokee) or reset the MIL in my WJ because of an O2 sensor issue.

So - decide what exactly you want or need to do.
Each is a different tool aimed or directed at a different audience wishing to do different thing.
I'd never go taser myself - I don't need or want what it does. But some here - that's exactly what they want or need based on what they want to do - or don't need to do.

jscan, AlfaOBD and taser are all 3 different tools with different abilities, aimed at different people.
Each has their own reason to exist.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Bottom line - they are for different markets, different reasons. It's like a knife - you want a butter knife or a steak knife or a pocket knife - each has their place, there's certain places they can cross-over.
You must decide WHAT you want to do.
I don't require the 24/7 support so that doesn't matter to me. As long as support is there and decent, that's all. So if I can't get an answer in a day or two, fine. Many things are also "crowd supported" - at times there are people that use these things that know as much as the author or creator (sometimes more)
I want to program and not leave anything in the truck, hardware or otherwise. So I chose based on pure simplicity, functionality for what I want, never having to worry about anything when I visit a dealer for warranty, etc. No regrets, no "gee, I wish I had done this instead" (although if I step back a few months I'd have jumped directly to AlfaOBD and skipped jscan, and would have gotten the OBDLink MX+ and skipped the $25 cheaper interface. I can always sell that interface later if I want)
If your single purpose is to disable ESS and not have to keep pushing a button - there's a dedicated device for that.
If you want to do diagnostics, logging and use it on multiple vehicles, then you must go the software route. Taser is hardware - you leave it in place for some of the functions.
I can take any of my three android devices into any of our Jeeps and monitor, diagnose, etc. - even log events and/or issues.
I can make changes to either my wife's Jeep or mine and not have to remove any hardware other than the security gateway bypass cable. I can leave hers set up to log issues if necessary and leave my tablet in it, and use my other tablet or phone in mine .

So figure what your purpose is for even owning such things.
Make a list of what you want to do, need to do or would like to do and see what fits best.

No one call tell you which to get - you have to make your lists, then you or we decide which of them will cover what you want to do. If any of them will do what you want, then decide based on other factors.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Looking at the JCR fender flares. Read the below and wondering if JScan can address it.

• On Jeeps equipped with incandescent marker lights (IE. not the LED lighting group) a resistor will need to be added to the turn signal wiring to cure hyperflash and to remove dash warning lights, we recommend part number DD4025 from Diode Dynamics. Follow their instructions for wiring. (Luck has also been reported by those using the "LED Front Turn Signals" setting on the JL Superchips Tuner, no resistors needed.)
  • On Jeeps equipped with the LED lighting group, removing the DRL, marker, turn signal module from the front fender will cause a "bulb-out" warning on the dash. There is currently no work-around for this.
I am equipped with incandescent package but would be looking to also add Oracle LED lights at the same time.

I will need to flip the headlights to LED for the Oracle headlights. Will that impact the issues with incandescent DRL/turn etc they refer to? I.e. will it make the Jeep see the bulb out warning associated with the LED, or will I still need the diode because the wiring is incandescent?

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
You *should* be fine just changing the settings to Led without the resisters. Over on the JL forum some have had issues with some of the off brand sequential turn signals and getting the hyper flash and bulb warning after changing the settings to led.

Gregj

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
You *should* be fine just changing the settings to Led without the resisters. Over on the JL forum some have had issues with some of the off brand sequential turn signals and getting the hyper flash and bulb warning after changing the settings to led.

Gregj
Ok. I would order up the diode to have just in case I suppose

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
Looking at the JCR fender flares. Read the below and wondering if JScan can address it.

• On Jeeps equipped with incandescent marker lights (IE. not the LED lighting group) a resistor will need to be added to the turn signal wiring to cure hyperflash and to remove dash warning lights, we recommend part number DD4025 from Diode Dynamics. Follow their instructions for wiring. (Luck has also been reported by those using the "LED Front Turn Signals" setting on the JL Superchips Tuner, no resistors needed.)
  • On Jeeps equipped with the LED lighting group, removing the DRL, marker, turn signal module from the front fender will cause a "bulb-out" warning on the dash. There is currently no work-around for this.
I am equipped with incandescent package but would be looking to also add Oracle LED lights at the same time.

I will need to flip the headlights to LED for the Oracle headlights. Will that impact the issues with incandescent DRL/turn etc they refer to? I.e. will it make the Jeep see the bulb out warning associated with the LED, or will I still need the diode because the wiring is incandescent?
So I went back and read their description of the flares and they remove the DRL completely. In this case you will need to turn off the DRL's in the settings, you can do this with Tazer, JScan and i assume with Flashcal, I don't have one of those so I cant say for sure.
Gregj

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara

Gregj
This happened to me, but after I left the turn signals on for more than a few seconds, it went away.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
So I went back and read their description of the flares and they remove the DRL completely. In this case you will need to turn off the DRL's in the settings, you can do this with Tazer, JScan and i assume with Flashcal, I don't have one of those so I cant say for sure.
Gregj
they have a side marker and a drl on the front, dont know why they would eliminate drl altogether

The way I read it is the LED package has a different module that gets removed and there's no fix for that
"removing the DRL, marker, turn signal module from the front fender will cause a "bulb-out" warning on the dash"

Jeep Gladiator Please teach me about jscan 1615559325475
Sponsored