Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
You went farther than I did...... It was 108 today so I did the minimum.

So I got the OBD scanner and security wire today too, and got it all connected to the JT and working.

In the app I set my tire height and then followed the instructions. After a test drive up to 60 everything matched up.

Although from the videos online the steps for the Gladiator were completely different. I wish the developer would use multiple sentences to explain what needs to be done or what should happen.

not just........."Turn off open door close door wait 5 minutes"

I don't know.... couldn't you put "what" I am turning off, the car, the plug... do I leave it plugged in.... some kind of message that says done..... and maybe ok safe to unplug now?

I was really scarred that I was going to screw something up, but it looks to all be ok and working perfectly.

Also, I don't know if its easier in another trim but those plugs are a bi#ch to get in and out on the Rubicon.
Mine in my Max tow are pretty easy, but I'm a smaller dude, only 5 4 so that could be why. I can unplug them in less than a minute and have them plugged back in in less than a minute but the first time it took me about 20 minutes after that it's pretty easy
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
On my Sport S with Rubicon flares I set them to Optional DRL and they work as expected. I did check the other two which have factory DRL and they are set the same.

Gregj

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, yea, I didn’t mean could DRL come on automatically. I was asking if they could be on without the rear. I am also curious if you can leave your light switch set to DRL and have power cut when you turn off the Jeep. I wish it were able to do that now, but if I need to invest in JScan to do it, so be it
You shouldn’t have to have the light switch set to any position as the DRLS turn “on” when the emergency brake is released. I don’t know if you have automatic headlights but I just leave mine in auto.
If you have not configured the Jeep for DRL yet the DRL’s turn on with the running lights/side marker lights but at a lower level of light. Putting the switch in the middle position turns on the running lights which includes the tail lights.

Once you set the DRL’s with JScan they will function as expected ie DRL’s only with the switch in the off or auto position.

Hope this is understandable.
Gregj

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JeepTrucker i see you have a Sport S, so use JScan to set DRL’s to optional and the location to turn signals and it should work the way you want them too.

Gregj

JeepTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
@JeepTrucker i see you have a Sport S, so use JScan to set DRL’s to optional and the location to turn signals and it should work the way you want them too.

Gregj
Excellent thank you. I downloaded the app and bought the 1 VIN license. I ordered the cable, which is due to arrive on Sunday. I already had the Bluetooth adapter from running OBD Fusion with my Mustang. I’ll give it a shot. I appreciate the heads up

Sponsored

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
So before I changed my tire size I noticed that my speedometer was off 3 miles per hour according to Waze and speed signs posted by police. If Jeep showed 45, I was really going 48. Now after I changed tires to 35s with the jscan if Jeep shows 45, I’m really going 42. It’s backwards now what am i doing wrong

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
Im not sure what's going on with yours. I took a tape measure and eyeballed to the top of the tire and it was very close to 34". I figured I could tweak it up or down as needed.

I plugged that number 34" into the JScan and on my road test my GPS radar detector, Waze and the jeeps digital dash all matched up with the same speed. I went up to 60MPH and all three were matching.

I wanted to make sure all works before I do my wifes Gladiator the same way, but after 2 days, all is working fine and no check engine lights or anything else weird so maybe tomorrow I'll do it again on hers.

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Im not sure what's going on with yours. I took a tape measure and eyeballed to the top of the tire and it was very close to 34". I figured I could tweak it up or down as needed.

I plugged that number 34" into the JScan and on my road test my GPS radar detector, Waze and the jeeps digital dash all matched up with the same speed. I went up to 60MPH and all three were matching.

I wanted to make sure all works before I do my wifes Gladiator the same way, but after 2 days, all is working fine and no check engine lights or anything else weird so maybe tomorrow I'll do it again on hers.
So you have 35s but put 34 in to the jscan?

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you have 35s but put 34 in to the jscan?
Yes it appears many tires are not actually the size they claim. In fact from what I've read, almost all the heights are listed as higher than actual.

I have 35's...... they're really 34"

Another reason some on here can fit a 37" underneath for a spare... and others can't.

Go physically measure your tires and see what yours say, plug that number in and take a drive again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Yes it appears many tires are not actually the size they claim. In fact from what I've read, almost all the heights are listed as higher than actual.

I have 35's...... they're really 34"

Another reason some on here can fit a 37" underneath for a spare... and others can't.

Go physically measure your tires and see what yours say, plug that number in and take a drive again.
Thank you just went out and mine are 34 as well. I will plug that in

Sponsored

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
I messed with it some more and dropped it down to 33.75 and it is dead on now. Thanks for the help

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I messed with it some more and dropped it down to 33.75 and it is dead on now. Thanks for the help
Glad it all worked!

I did the wife's Gladiator this morning and we both have Identical wheel and tires numbers, but I think I need to do what you did.... mine seems dead on and hers.... might just be a little off.

It makes no sense, she is one psi higher than mine and her offset is -12 and mine is -0. Everything else is identical so the slight discrepancy seems improbable.

Maybe hers and mine need to both be dropped one down from 34"

If the heat isn't too bad, I might just get the sons Gladiator and the Wrangler JL done today too.
Sponsored