Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Can't do that on mine. When your hand is on the connector and pressing tab access to the wires is blocked. I have to hook the wires with something as they loop to the side and not down. A hand on the connector blocks access. These are recessed. Easy on YOUR truck, not mine...and the plastic sticks. I'm going to wax them next time I have them down. Candle wax should help
Tazer now offers an Extension Cable. It should make it much easier. It will put the connection within reach and only require sticking your fingers up there one more time.
Sponsored

gt3mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Has anyone else experienced any weirdness with their vehicle after adjusting a setting using Jscan?

I've used Jscan three times so far. The first time I used it I increased my tire diameter when putting on Summer tires. Everything was fine afterwards.

The second time I used it I decreased my tire diameter when putting on Winter tires. That time, I ended up with a cruise control error that went away after a day. That was followed by one of the TPMS sensors ending up losing its programming, and I ended up having to get the dealer to reprogram it. It wouldn't do it on its own even after driving about 50 miles.

I just used it a third time to enable passive entry. The passive entry is working fine, but I have a cruise control error again plus an ABS error this time. Too soon to say whether they are going to go away or whether the TPMS thing will recur.

Has anyone else experienced this? My bluetooth dongle is the Vgate iCar Pro. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either.

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
Not me..... worked fine, every time after being plugged in. No errors or problems since my last use that was three months ago..... And thats with 4 Jeeps that I programed using the JScan, all in the same week.

gt3mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I tried to clear these, but not having any luck. They weren’t there prior to connecting JScan and updating the passive entry entries. It will be interesting to see what Jeep says.

U140E-00 and U0418

Jeep Gladiator Please teach me about jscan 1607892111704

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
I tried to clear these, but not having any luck. They weren’t there prior to connecting JScan and updating the passive entry entries. It will be interesting to see what Jeep says.

U140E-00 and U0418

Jeep Gladiator Please teach me about jscan 1607892111704
This is actually the result of changing the tire sizes (yes, I realize it might not have happened to others, but it happens). You’ll need to perform the abs initialization routine, otherwise these faults will keep popping up. Note- you have no anti lock brakes while this fault is active.

gt3mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
This is actually the result of changing the tire sizes (yes, I realize it might not have happened to others, but it happens). You’ll need to perform the abs initialization routine, otherwise these faults will keep popping up. Note- you have no anti lock brakes while this fault is active.
Interesting. I’ll give that a shot (once i find it). I did notice that the ABS wasn’t working. Thanks!

gt3mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
You’ll need to perform the abs initialization routine, otherwise these faults will keep popping up. Note- you have no anti lock brakes while this fault is active.
Is this something I can do from JScan? I’m not finding it.

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this something I can do from JScan? I’m not finding it.
I just looked- I guess not. You’ll need AlfaOBD to be able to do it. It’s a far more powerful tool than Jscan, and is not VIN locked so you can use it on other FCA vehicles. It works with the same bypass and interface that you have for Jscan.

gt3mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I’ll need to scare up an Android device. I have an iPhone, and my only Windows machine is for work and they would frown on me installing AlfaOBD and drivers for the OBDLink on it. I may just get Jeep service to fix it this time.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I just looked- I guess not. You’ll need AlfaOBD to be able to do it. It’s a far more powerful tool than Jscan, and is not VIN locked so you can use it on other FCA vehicles. It works with the same bypass and interface that you have for Jscan.
Yeah, but, it didn't like my wife's 2021 Grand Cherokee!
Gave an error. Had trouble connecting and said something about an unrecognized ECU or something, would have to look again for the details.
I had trouble getting it to connect.

I think this is it:
Unknown ISO code
Unsupported control module:
ECU ID: 6829
ISO Code:

VarVer: 68/49

And I kept getting can't connect and other errors. Maybe the 2021 model year isn't in AlfaOBD yet.

Anyone know if JSCAN can disable/turn off Travel Link Weather Alerts ?

And if so where in the app... Thanks in advance for your input on this.
Can't you do that in the radio/settings itself? Or not? I doubt jscan has that option but I've never looked for it. Around here the weather alerts are nice because they can never get weather forecasting right in this state. The blizzard from a year ago was totally a shock to all meteorologists around here and the derecho - totally not even expecting storms when that hit.

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, but, it didn't like my wife's 2021 Grand Cherokee!
Gave an error. Had trouble connecting and said something about an unrecognized ECU or something, would have to look again for the details.
I had trouble getting it to connect.

I think this is it:
Unknown ISO code
Unsupported control module:
ECU ID: 6829
ISO Code:

VarVer: 68/49

And I kept getting can't connect and other errors. Maybe the 2021 model year isn't in AlfaOBD yet.
gt3mike and I exchanged some PMs, and we both sent some debug logs off to the developer. He’s working on support for the 2020+ ABS modules FCA is using.

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know if JSCAN can disable/turn off Travel Link Weather Alerts ?

And if so where in the app... Thanks in advance for your input on this.
Jscan can’t enable the travel link app in the radio apps menu, but tazer or AlfaOBD can.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
gt3mike and I exchanged some PMs, and we both sent some debug logs off to the developer. He’s working on support for the 2020+ ABS modules FCA is using.
Mega-thanks. You are a great resource to have here.

I had to wonder as it seemed to do the engine bit fine - it detected the cylinder 3 misfire detected and gave a heck of a great long full report on other engine things, so I knew that was ok. It also agreed with the Torque app (free app that's ok, but not as full featured for sure) both reported the same misfire and agreed on some other things as well.
I'm happy I can easily run AlfaOBD on any of my android devices - my old Nexus, my LG tablet, my phone....... and keep the logs in Colornote which automatically syncs to ALL of my devices. So I can scan using AlfaOBD, open a log, it will use Colornote, safe the log, then I go into the house with my Windows 10 PC and find the log there, or on my phone to show a dealer.

jscan did fine on my JT as far as setting the passive entry things and I can use it for certain basic changes.
I have to learn if AlfaOBD will CHANGE things when I have the bypass in place.

Too bad that 2004 is pre-FCA as I still can't get anything to read the ABS issues on my WJ.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Jscan can’t enable the travel link app in the radio apps menu, but tazer or AlfaOBD can.

Tip for those not yet invested - don't go cheap on a $25 or$30 OBD device - go full with the $99 OBDLink MX+ (or equiv) device.
It opens up more for jscan - jscan can't access some things, and even less if you use the cheaper hardware.............
plus is almost a must for some other apps.
Sponsored