Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
One of the reasons I really don’t like being around many people. Several in a group with common interests like on a trail ride great. …guess I’m getting old. My ability to put up with someone else’s BS has diminished.
Sponsored

AustinKalb

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 AEV Gladiator Rubicon
Hey, OctoberFest in Munich pulls it off. Lots of really drunk people not fighting. I guess it doesn’t hurt that last call is at 9pm.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Drummond island is a great place to be. Good perch fishing this time of the year too. So many small mouth bass too if you like fishing. I like the Geopro camper. I have a 15TB and heading to Silver Lake to camp in a couple weeks.

Hank
Jeep invasion?

AirborneTexasRanger

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2004 TJ Wrangler X
Occupation
Welder/CWI
Hey, OctoberFest in Munich pulls it off. Lots of really drunk people not fighting. I guess it doesn’t hurt that last call is at 9pm.
Also the Polizei have batons and will use them, ask me how I know

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Well being I have a place in Galveston I'll chime in. As others have mentioned this is not anything authorized by Galveston. Its put on at Crystal Beach in Boliver which happens to fall under Galveston County. But I know many in Galveston want nothing to do with this event or KAAPA or other events of that sort. They don't need it as there is ample tourist and things like this actually just detract and cause bad press and other issues for Galveston.

Sponsored

Hank_

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Mojave, 1941 Willys
Occupation
Ford and Jeep warranty claim analyst.
Jeep invasion?
I am just heading there to take my grandkids camping and to the beach. We stay at Sandy Shores Campground and have for decades. Great owners who run a quality, family campground. We will not be there for Jeep invasion. Not sure how much of the dunes if any I will see.

Hank

JarHeadLV

Banned
Banned
First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mohave, 2020 Porsche 911 Turbo
Occupation
Financial Retirement Planner
Vehicle Showcase
WOW, what a shame. Beautiful location. Very unfortunate, if I was organizer, I would be like "screw this" - I doubt they'll be doing it again.

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
Look up the $h!tshow called H2oi

Degenerates will be degenerates. Location does not matter.

HenryG

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired
I love the way they report this. "More than 230 Arrested - Most of those arrested face misdemeanor charges. 50+ people rushed to the hospital - “for various minor injuries and illnesses. If the news media started with "50 thousand people attended Jeep event at Galveston beach with minor incidents." there would be no news.

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
Can’t speak about October fest, but I was last there in July 2018. I’ll never go back. It’s your typical crowded city, but as soon as I walked out of the parking garage I witnessed one guy pin a woman against the wall and put his hands all over her. When he saw me approaching him and is buddy, they let her go. Then one looked at me and started thumping his chest saying “come on American”. No doubt I would have had my ass beaten, but the girl was long gone and I was with my 70 yr old parents and my wife and kids so I quickly walked in the other direction. Later we were walking to dinner and had to pass several small crowds of teens. Let’s just say none of them were friendly. I felt less safe there than any city I have been to in the US.
I was there once before as a kid in the early 80’s and this was night and day from what I remember.
Sorry for getting off the local subject, but that place was a s hole!

Sponsored

Koolcarguy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro blue Jt 2012 Gecko green Jk 2021 Gecko
Occupation
Car dealer
Jeep fests previously did not draw this kind of attention. Either Jeep enthusiasts have radically changed or there are external influences that aren’t being talked about.
Ya I've been to lots of Jeep stuff big and small never had any issue....must have been something else going on

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
I love the way they report this. "More than 230 Arrested - Most of those arrested face misdemeanor charges. 50+ people rushed to the hospital - “for various minor injuries and illnesses. If the news media started with "50 thousand people attended Jeep event at Galveston beach with minor incidents." there would be no news.
Ya exactly. I mean Coachella music festival just went down here in CA and there were plenty of arrests and other incidents. On that note they are much more relaxed at citing folks at an event like that. In Galveston they are gonna be much more proactive, especially something unofficial. Frankly good for Galveston LO, keep the riff raff in check so the other 99.99% can enjoy themselves.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
I really don't see what you get out for these types of events. I prefer to wheel alone, and this crap has no draw for me at all.

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
It's to bad the Jeepsters are getting the negative attention for this obviously NOT Jeep event.
That being said, I have never been to the Galveston event, but knowing how the media works, I'm sure it wasn't all that bad.
I will add though, DAYTONA JEEP BEACH is a blast. Very well run and organized. Great for the whole family for an entire week. There are times during the week that it looks like everyone in Daytona is driving a Jeep. Very cool to be a part of! Great time for the entire family.

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else notice the lack of Jeeps in that picture?
Sponsored