Sponsored

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Jeep fests previously did not draw this kind of attention. Either Jeep enthusiasts have radically changed or there are external influences that aren’t being talked about.
Most Jeep centered events that I’ve attended were at venues that were alcohol free. The one Jeep event I attended that permitted alcohol went just fine for the first few hours.

As you might expect with a few dozen people present and large amounts of alcohol…things went sideways eventually and got weird.

Introduce a large amount of alcohol with a large group of…I assume…mostly men. Things are going to go off the rails at some point.

For this event I’m picturing this being how it went down.

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
I bet if they organized and paid the county protection money- err... Event permits... a lot of this would go away. Unless that is...

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
I bet if they organized and paid the county protection money- err... Event permits... a lot of this would go away. Unless that is...

Sponsored

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stuff
Then they wouldn’t get to enjoy an event full of debauchery…free of “the man” telling them what they can and can’t do.

Bandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I think it’s relevant to point out as someone who spent the whole day there that the media highlights the bad behavior of immature kids. Let’s not lose sight of the fact that there are millions and millions of people who live in the city of Houston. Not sure what the relevance of “people standing their ground is” the beauty of every state having different laws is if you have an issue with Texas or it’s laws stay where you are…. Regardless of the arrests I can tell you there were tons of people having a good time looking at jeeps, Ducking jeeps, stacking jeeps, and a plethora of other things. There were people grilling, swimming , and admiring others rides. As for the kids who drove through the dunes and acted like fools …. Laws are laws… for the minors who were arrested for being in possession of alcohol…. Maybe people should have an idea of where their kids are….. The event that I experienced was a friendly , peaceful event.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stuff
I think it’s relevant to point out as someone who spent the whole day there that the media highlights the bad behavior of immature kids. Let’s not lose sight of the fact that there are millions and millions of people who live in the city of Houston. Not sure what the relevance of “people standing their ground is” the beauty of every state having different laws is if you have an issue with Texas or it’s laws stay where you are…. Regardless of the arrests I can tell you there were tons of people having a good time looking at jeeps, Ducking jeeps, stacking jeeps, and a plethora of other things. There were people grilling, swimming , and admiring others rides. As for the kids who drove through the dunes and acted like fools …. Laws are laws… for the minors who were arrested for being in possession of alcohol…. Maybe people should have an idea of where their kids are….. The event that I experienced was a friendly , peaceful event.
Copy that. I won’t mess with Texas. It sounded like fun for the whole family.

SpeedNeed

First Name
Speed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon, S4, Panamera
As a New York area guy just reading about it:

50 thousand or so people attending, a couple hundred arrests (mostly misdemeanors), 50ish hospitalizations, one critical accident (fell from vehicle), and no murders. All that over several days.

Sounds tame and controlled to me. We beat those stats in 4 hours every weekend of the NFL season.

edit: I mean just at the stadium.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
50,000 attendees, 50 hospitalizations... in Texas probably half of those are risk of heat stroke. 0.1% of attendees hospitalized isn't really that much.

That being said, it's not my kinda place. In my late 30s I really don't like drinking anywhere in not going to be sleeping.
Sponsored