Sponsored

Question about adding outlet to bed

Deleted member 28696

I took my to the dealer to get the accessory switch panel and the bed plug installed and they called after looking into it for a couple hours, apparently the bed plug has to be ordered and installed at the factory. I called Jeep corporate and asked, and they said the same thing. There's a pig tail that comes out of the harness where the plug goes that mine doesn't have. I find it hard to believe that it can't be installed after it's been built. I also emailed Mopar parts to see. I'll update when they reply.
I'm having the same issue. I was told that this could be added later by the salesman at the Dealership but it's starting to look like it cannot. If anyone finds out differently let me know. It has a place for the outlet in the bed but no harness. I have the 2021 Gladiator Rubicon. I'm assuming if it has a inverter for the Cab which it does that they would be able to use that for the Bed plug as well.

Cowboy43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Hi guys,

I've searched but can't find any information, maybe I didn't search well enough. Anyways, is it possible to add the AC outlet to the bed, aftermarket? I want the trail management system and bluetooth speaker, I'm sure that's available, just haven't found it anywhere yet. But the outlet would be a great addition, if I had ordered my Sport S, I would have gotten this. I'm guessing I would need to upgrade the alternator as well, just didn't know if this would be possible. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for the help.

Oh and can you use the hard tonneau cover cover with the rail system? Thanks.

If you have the rear console outletyou can add the bed outlet, you'll need the tazer mini to activate it. Here's the part list.

Screenshot_20200321-090702.png

Deleted member 28696

Ok with a lot of help from Benny with all Mopar parts I ordered the stuff. Since I already have the inverter I figured that it had to be possible. The harness for the dash switch was there and the wires to the rear harness on the passenger side were there. So I swapped out the dash panel, the wiring harness and installed the plug. The switch comes on when pushed, so I'm hoping the outlet will work once I take it to the dealer to have them flash it. Here's the parts and a few pics.
Jeep Gladiator Question about adding outlet to bed Screenshot_20200321-090702

View attachment 67828

View attachment 67832

This is a big help, I missed this post earlier, thanks!

Sponsored

Cowboy43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm having the same issue. I was told that this could be added later by the salesman at the Dealership but it's starting to look like it cannot. If anyone finds out differently let me know. It has a place for the outlet in the bed but no harness. I have the 2021 Gladiator Rubicon. I'm assuming if it has a inverter for the Cab which it does that they would be able to use that for the Bed plug as well.
Tazer mini can activate it, I couldn't find a dealer that could.

Deleted member 28696

This is a big help, I missed this post earlier, thanks!
Installed the 115v plug this weekend. after install I tested it out with a small table lamp. It works & the button inside the cabin works. The engine doesn't have to be running but your Key has to be in the accessory position. The most difficult part was getting the harness unhooked from the connectors and the fasteners under the vehicle especially without a lift. I did this in my driveway. Anyone doing this should be careful of the headlight Multifunction switch when removing the Bezel cover since you can pull the back of the switch completely off don't ask me how I know lol. Otherwise it was really straight forward. Once I got the harness off and the connectors unhooked putting the new harness in went quick. I was able to figure out the Tazer JL mini to activate the 115v bed plug, you have to go to other in the menu and it's under that submenu. If you have a spray in bed liner it's difficult to get the plug blank off I did score it with a utility knife but that stuff is thick. I verified the light in the plug is working, it was in the sun at the time so I couldn't tell if it was on or not? All seems functional and looks like a professional installation, plug and play but not easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gobi1Kenobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland Gobiiiiiiii
Read through this whole thread...thanks everyone for the inputs and also to @Cowboy43 for really helping us out with photos. So I have the cabin 115v outlet behind the center console (Overland trim) and I just added the 115v outlet (part 68312754AC) but upon inspecting underneath I can't seem to find the pigtail wiring that was reserved for this inverter outlet. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cowboy43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Read through this whole thread...thanks everyone for the inputs and also to @Cowboy43 for really helping us out with photos. So I have the cabin 115v outlet behind the center console (Overland trim) and I just added the 115v outlet (part 68312754AC) but upon inspecting underneath I can't seem to find the pigtail wiring that was reserved for this inverter outlet. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Which pigtail? You have to install all the parts that I listed. The pigtail under the bed comes on the harness that you swap out.

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
Did you figure out the fuse panel wiring? did you need to add that in addition with the parts list? also, has anyone tried to use Jscan to activate/flash it? Thanks

Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

Did you figure out the fuse panel wiring? did you need to add that in addition with the parts list? also, has anyone tried to use Jscan to activate/flash it? Thanks
I did this and I didn't need to know anything about the fuse panel wiring. I just purchased the parts that Cowboy43 posted and installed them. Maybe the difference is that we both have the existing 115v inverter with an outlet in the rear seat but we were missing the Outlet in the Truck Bed. We added the Bezel and the Switch, the plug / wiring for the switch it was already there just not hooked up. We then activated it with the Tazer Mini JL of course there was more to it but I didn't have to get into the fusing or figure out anything with the wiring other than add or replace them with the parts from his list.

Deleted member 28696

From Cowboy43's parts list I believe they call it the Wiring Jumper. That confused me as well but figured out that's what the pigtail was called. Your going to need everything on his list. It's a plug and play type of thing. No wiring to figure out really the harness should plug right in, once you take original pigtail out and replace it so that you have the Y cable needed for the 115V plug. The pigtail wiring is further back towards the rear bumper. I think there were a few plates etc. that might block it's view just a tad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
I did this and I didn't need to know anything about the fuse panel wiring. I just purchased the parts that Cowboy43 posted and installed them. Maybe the difference is that we both have the existing 115v inverter with an outlet in the rear seat but we were missing the Outlet in the Truck Bed. We added the Bezel and the Switch, the plug / wiring for the switch it was already there just not hooked up. We then activated it with the Tazer Mini JL of course there was more to it but I didn't have to get into the fusing or figure out anything with the wiring other than add or replace them with the parts from his list.
Ok great thanks. I also have the inverter and plug inside the cab, just wanted to add the bed outlet like you have. I use the Jscan though instead of Tazer so I need to figure out if it can be used to activate it

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Is the specific dash switch required to properly integrate, or could you run it off one of the Mopar Auxiliary switches in the center panel area? Given the flashing required (not sure what it actually enables), I'm wondering how much the switch itself plays a role in that.

jfishfl

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20201 Rubicon
b43eb30af7b9ade491823ef8bdbd9656.png
Headlamp Switch Bezel
Product ID: 6NU24TX7AB
Remove
$59.40Quantity$59.40
1bd4c2882f57acc6d0ccffb73c18a983.png
Inverter Switch
Product ID: 68370049AA
Remove
$19.26Quantity$19.26
457ee610beea42a6fcd3ace46e0630af.png
Jumper Wiring
Product ID: 68398209AB
Remove
$44.64Quantity$44.64
6ef13d9b2fb6229d3dfdae22d1488e59.png
Inverter Power Outlet
Product ID: 68312754AC
Remove
$76.02Quantity$76.02
d9fe54d28a5d6e572fbe40f3293f7c61.jpg
Tapping Pan Head Screw And Washer
Product ID: 6104610AA
Remove
$6.06Quantity$24.24
6ef13d9b2fb6229d3dfdae22d1488e59.png
Plastic Nut
Product ID: 6509748AA
Remove
$0.90Quantity$3.60

Posting this here so everyone does not need to read the numbers from a picture. Also coupon code 5off for the 5%
Sponsored