Sponsored

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
You know what is funny about that is you can get a manual Hellcat Challenger. The only FCA engines mated to a manual now (at least that I'm aware of) are the 3.6 and the 6.2. There is nothing in between. You'd think a medium duty transmission would exist for the 5.7/6.4 but nope. You either get a NA V6 or the 700hp V8. The 2.7 with a manual would be the way to go. People who get a 2.7 Bronco are going to be very pleased its a good engine that can make some good power.
Yeah - FCA has been the exception by providing a manual with a high-powered engine (the Hellcat Challenger, and the the Viper for a while). Unfortunately, when they sold a manual in the Ram 2500 (6.7 Cummins diesel) the engine was detuned to 660 lb/ft of torque, while the auto got 800 lb/ft, and the high output version found in the 3500 got 930 lb/ft (paired with the Aisin auto).

Overall, demand for manuals is low, so manufacturers can't justify the cost of producing manual versions of most models, which gives consumers fewer options for manuals, further depressing sales. Classic negative feedback loop, a.k.a. downward spiral. Even though options are limited for manuals in the Bronco, Tacoma, and Gladiator, I appreciate Ford, Toyota, and Jeep for keeping them around.
Sponsored

Jpcomanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1987 Wrangler
You know what is funny about that is you can get a manual Hellcat Challenger. The only FCA engines mated to a manual now (at least that I'm aware of) are the 3.6 and the 6.2. There is nothing in between. You'd think a medium duty transmission would exist for the 5.7/6.4 but nope. You either get a NA V6 or the 700hp V8. The 2.7 with a manual would be the way to go. People who get a 2.7 Bronco are going to be very pleased its a good engine that can make some good power.
You can buy a manual Scat Pack (6.4L) Challenger.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Just out of curiosity, if this resolves the issue, why wasnt this done the first recall? By far cheaper then doing any kind of clutch replacement. Makes you wonder, no? Thats my issue.
I read the note from Jeep Cares very carefully. There is no temperature sensor. The temperature of the clutch pressure plate is calculated based on speed sensors e.g. engine side and driveline side. SO - even if your clutch is not overheating it is possible for the vehicle computer to throw the limp code.

No thanks.

I want a better (stronger) clutch. Maybe this will also allow them to up the tow rating as I understand the lower tow rating for 6MTs is based on the clutch capability and not the rest of the vehicle which can (as you all know very well) tow up to 7000 when otherwise properly equipped...

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Just like those "rare" Ford Pintos! :CWL:
Except there were over 3 million Pintos made. It was meant to be cheap transportation for the masses. The Gladiator is basically the exact opposite, and only 6000 of them have been made with the 6 speed.

Sponsored

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Except there were over 3 million Pintos made. It was meant to be cheap transportation for the masses. The Gladiator is basically the exact opposite, and only 6000 of them have been made with the 6 speed.
Only 6,000? I thought I read somewhere it was like over 40,000? Maybe I misread? In any event ^MT FTW (unless boom/fire :headbang:)

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Only 6,000? I thought I read somewhere it was like over 40,000? Maybe I misread? In any event ^MT FTW (unless boom/fire :headbang:)
40k Wranglers and Gladiators combined. Only 6k of that were Gladiators.

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
Anyone actually get this done yet. I am scheduled to get the Mopar 4:88's installed next week and trying to decide if I let them do it or pass. Feedback from anyone that has already done it would be helpful. Thanks!

Sponsored

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
Recall no longer showing on jeep app or NHST vin search? For some reason i had to re enter my vin on my jeep app? After i did it, it said nothing about the flywheel recall? Did this happen to anyone else?

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Recall no longer showing on jeep app or NHST vin search? For some reason i had to re enter my vin on my jeep app? After i did it, it said nothing about the flywheel recall? Did this happen to anyone else?
Still seeing it in mine
Jeep Gladiator Recall: Manual Transmission / Clutch Recall for 2020-2021 Jeep Gladiator (Notice: 21V-028) 14E1EF93-46F0-4781-B47A-4D91DAB138EB

4554E743-1C75-4DF1-B9BF-3109C10427E6.png

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I'm about to order. Anyone know if ordering a manual now would set delivery time back substantially?

Monkey6

First Name
Korie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLUS
I'm about to order. Anyone know if ordering a manual now would set delivery time back substantially?
Nope, I ordered mine 2/12 right after the recall came out, and it's scheduled to ship 3/12. Jeep Cares already said that they're doing the fix during production for ones being built now.