First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Recall no longer showing on jeep app or NHST vin search? For some reason i had to re enter my vin on my jeep app? After i did it, it said nothing about the flywheel recall? Did this happen to anyone else?
If you want to send us your VIN, we can look into this for you.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

anaviator

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Anyone actually get this done yet. I am scheduled to get the Mopar 4:88's installed next week and trying to decide if I let them do it or pass. Feedback from anyone that has already done it would be helpful. Thanks!
I had mine done at the local dealer this morning. There are two updates - they flashed both the PCM and IPC (instrument panel) - and it took the tech about 20 minutes to complete. I didn't notice anything different in how the Jeep drove on the way home, but, as others have mentioned, the selected gear now shows just above the odometer on the panel now.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
I had mine done at the local dealer this morning. There are two updates - they flashed both the PCM and IPC (instrument panel) - and it took the tech about 20 minutes to complete. I didn't notice anything different in how the Jeep drove on the way home, but, as others have mentioned, the selected gear now shows just above the odometer on the panel now.
Can you post a picture of that? Thx!

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrx, 2005 xterra, 2014 durango, formerly 1998 wrangler
Did you get and explanation on what the flash does. Am I the only one waiting for the clutch to slip before I get the recall so I can get a replacement clutch?

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Did you get and explanation on what the flash does. Am I the only one waiting for the clutch to slip before I get the recall so I can get a replacement clutch?
Thats what I'm waiting for. As far as I know there's no end date so why not? I'm at 26k miles now. I probably won't get back to the dealer until 60-70k ish and have them look then.

Sponsored

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah ill probably go to dealer one more time for an inspection before warranty is up. Last time I just said I know there is a recall but I dont have time for it now.

CookieSoup

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
i don't think ill be going in. ill start putting some money away for a new single plate clutch. i don't drive in traffic, don't tow, and my offroading is FS roads to go camping. clutch always gets out and truck in neutral at stop lights (old habbits from driving heavy clutch trucks)

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just read the recall notice i received in the mail last week. It was worded strangely to me. it says "The remedy for this condition is not currently available. We are making every effort to finalize the remedy as quickly as possible, and will service your vehicle free of charge (parts and labor)." That means to me the dont even have a solution to the problem yet.

Jeeperwilly

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 WK2 Trailhawk
Occupation
Ecologist
I just read the recall notice i received in the mail last week. It was worded strangely to me. it says "The remedy for this condition is not currently available. We are making every effort to finalize the remedy as quickly as possible, and will service your vehicle free of charge (parts and labor)." That means to me the dont even have a solution to the problem yet.
My recall read the same way. I'm curious what the "fix" will be this time. Last time it was just moving some wires and adding some shielding.

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most of us here are not engineers but we all know the fix needs to be different then the rumored fix that Jeep had some engineers pencil whip together to save money in the short term.

Sponsored

Munkey Boy

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3, '79 CJ5, '21 JT Sport S manual.
Occupation
Camp Maintenance
"Finalize the remedy" means "our lawyers have organized an airtight case against the contractor and are currently dotting all the "T"s and crossing all the "I"s before we take it into litigation to wash our hands of the problem and force the defendants to produce a corrected clutch at their own cost including retroactively by legal means or settlement outside of court."

Just a guess.

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
"Finalize the remedy" means "our lawyers have organized an airtight case against the contractor and are currently dotting all the "T"s and crossing all the "I"s before we take it into litigation to wash our hands of the problem and force the defendants to produce a corrected clutch at their own cost including retroactively by legal means or settlement outside of court."

Just a guess.
Unrelated, I love your profile picture! I love steam power.

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Munkey Boy

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3, '79 CJ5, '21 JT Sport S manual.
Occupation
Camp Maintenance
Unrelated, I love your profile picture! I love steam power.
As do I. My favorite id nuclear powered steam.
1927/8 Minneapolis Moline. Her clutch works fine. ZING! :LOL: She usually hangs out at the Antique Gas & Steam Engine show down in Vista, CA. Haven't been in ages, but this old beater creaks and squeaks her way about the grounds. No stealthy uranium rods, just good ol' fashioned ozone killin' external combustion stank. God, I love that smell! Glorious!!!

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
1927/8 Minneapolis Moline. Her clutch works fine. ZING! :LOL: She usually hangs out at the Antique Gas & Steam Engine show down in Vista, CA. Haven't been in ages, but this old beater creaks and squeaks her way about the grounds. No stealthy uranium rods, just good ol' fashioned ozone killin' external combustion stank. God, I love that smell! Glorious!!!
Very nice! I'm from Frick & Geiser country. Actually Frick is in my hometown. Geiser was also, but waaay before my time.
Sponsored