First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Information Technology
Thanks - great pics. I see you added some grip tape. Was planning on doing the same. Putting in my order right now though I am getting angled down.
Yeah, the finish is really nice on the RH rails but it’s not that textured and can be slippery if wet. Plus, this keeps the unnecessary scratches from dirt/rocks in the shoes from being ground into the finish. They are rock sliders, they are supposed to take abuse but I don’t want to cause it just getting in/out regularly. More importantly, I don’t want someone slipping and getting hurt.
Sponsored

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Yeah, the finish is really nice on the RH rails but it’s not that textured and can be slippery if wet. Plus, this keeps the unnecessary scratches from dirt/rocks in the shoes from being ground into the finish. They are rock sliders, they are supposed to take abuse but I don’t want to cause it just getting in/out regularly. More importantly, I don’t want someone slipping and getting hurt.
Yep - and in any event keeping the finish intact helps reduce rust issues. But agree totally on eliminating slippage.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Ugh. FMWallet. I wasn't really convinced the Expedition One rockers were going to do what I wanted them to do. And the company wasn't answering any emails. So I sucked it up and ordered the GenRight.

The Expedition Ones looked like they bolted to the underside of the tub and not the frame at all and they wouldn't answer my questions. Last thing I want is 150lbs of sliders showing up that I end up not wanting and the headache of fighting them to return them.

So these are just the ones I want for what I need. I guess they can charge this much because they're the only ones doing it right.

Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread 1616039266209

Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread 1616039430830

Deleted member 28696

Nemesis makes awesome stuff! I had their Fenders bumpers and Billy rocker sliders with their tub armor on my 13 JKU and loved them

Looks nice too bad they don't have Skins for the JT Gladiator. I'm highly considering the EVO skins.

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon (Sting Grey)
Angled down is a better step. Angled up is better rock protection and clearance.
What SwampNut says.. I have the RH angled up, and absolutely LOVE the look, protection, and clearance on the trail.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Crappers. FedEx managed to bend a GenRight rail in transit. They're going to pay to send back to them and get me a new one... or fix it... I because they're good like that.

While it sucks it does give me time to get started on the other side.

Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread 1617844787301

Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread 1617844810144

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Crappers. FedEx managed to bend a GenRight rail in transit. They're going to pay to send back to them and get me a new one... or fix it... I because they're good like that.

Damn, they drop it out of the plane at 30,000 feet or what?

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Damn, they drop it out of the plane at 30,000 feet or what?
I have no idea, the box had a hole in it same area. If it was just the lip by the mounting hole I could bend if back enough, but it's also the mounting area itself.

I imagine someone moving it didnt realize the weight, each box was like 115lbs or something. Like it was dropped on an angle on a curb or off the plane when loading.

GenRight will get it sorted though.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I’m 5’9 but when I use my step, it almost puts me too high to get into the Jeep and I hunch to clear the door. The upside is my short legs reach the step getting out.
I think angled down would be a much more natural step up into the Jeep...
I just got N-fab podium steps and I step over them to get in most of the time. I’m 6’1 and if I use the step, I absolutely have to hunch and bend my knees to get in. My wife is 5’1 and had to use the grab handle to climb in before them so they will stay on unless I find something better. But if buying another set sight unseen I’d go angled down for sure next time.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
The rail that FedEx damaged is on it's way back to GenRight. I went ahead and prepped and put 3 coats of primer on the other rail today.

Thoughts.

I learned a lot from my bumper that these came out great. Good full mask needed. Spray can handle super helpful, probably the key. Going for the tough spots and crevices first and fill in the easy stuff when it's all done.

Also, these are absolute beasts. Rather than 3/8" it's all 1/4" tubes. Rather than the 4 body bolts or some pinch seams or combination of, it's the 4 body bolts plus 4 added drilled and tapped into the frame. So 20 frame bolts in the end not just 4.

I will get this setup and the extra bolts drilled and tapped next week while in primer. They like others suggest doing that in raw but I won't be able to have the side step off too long to drop the existing step, align the bolts, drill and tap, and then prep, prime, and paint. It will be fine.

Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread 1618453737625

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland

1617844787301.png

1617844810144.png
So not only did FedEx manage to bend that GenRight slider, but I sent it back to GenRight via FedEx at GenRight's expense so they could fix it... and FedEx managed to LOSE a 120# 8' long box. It hasn't been scanned in a week, which usually means it's lost.

Hopefully get it resolved tomorrow.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Finally going on today. After all the aligning and drilling and tapping... very few threads went to even the 18 ftlbs torque, the metal is so soft and thin that it pulls through. Should have just gone straight to weld, because I am going to end up there anyways. They're going to be plenty secure for a step esp with the red loctite but I wouldn't trust them wheeling as is.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I would consider that absolute junk that nobody should buy.
Sponsored