Sponsored

Teraflex 1.5 Leveling Kit Questions

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
You could always just loosen the control arm bolts, wiggle the axle through some articulation a little with the floor jack or by carefully driving back and forth a little in the driveway (just a few feet going slow with a light tap on the brakes) then re-torque everything. Shouldnt take more than 30 minutes.
Sponsored

Tony F

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
The directions call for it. Reason being, if you don’t, it is actually binding the bushing while at rest.
Think of it like this.....
While at normal ride height, the bushings are in a neutral or relaxed position. As the suspension travels up and down, the bushings twist with the movement.
If the control arms aren’t loosened and the spacer is installed, now at normal ride height the bushings are already twisted and as the suspension moves up or down they twist even more. That will lead to premature bushing failure.
I didn’t need to loosen
The directions call for it. Reason being, if you don’t, it is actually binding the bushing while at rest.
Think of it like this.....
While at normal ride height, the bushings are in a neutral or relaxed position. As the suspension travels up and down, the bushings twist with the movement.
If the control arms aren’t loosened and the spacer is installed, now at normal ride height the bushings are already twisted and as the suspension moves up or down they twist even more. That will lead to premature bushing failure.
i didn’t need to loosen mine but now you got me worried about premature wear. Should I loosen them now and move the axle up and down with a jack or is it too late? Thanks

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Dealer may or may not do it. I’d imagine they would try and tell you your warranty would be void because it’s not the Mopar lift kit.
It’s reportedly about 2 hours of work for a shop with the lift setup and all the good tools. One local to me said $270 to do the level and LCAs.
Ive seen some say they did it in their driveway in 3-4 hours, so it’s your call to make.

I would like to level the front, but no interest in a proper lift. Too bad they don't have one.

Merrick

First Name
Merrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT Willys, 2020 Jeep JL Sport S
Occupation
Sales Manager
Ok thanks - makes sense. I was hoping to just be able to throw the 1.5 inch spacers on and be done for now. Just want to get rid of the rake and make it sit level.
I added the Teraflex spacer lift a month ago, and it drives no differently with that being the only thing I added. You can just throw them on and get about your business.

Jstrick

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Is adding the longer control arms necessary though? Will my truck still handle like normal? Will it mess anything up if I leave the stock ones?
I added the Teraflex 1.5, drives, handles, tracks absolutely no different than stock, I did not do the control arms.

Sponsored

OP
OP

LSUonyx09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary Edition
I would like to level the front, but no interest in a proper lift. Too bad they don't have one.
Awesome thanks - did you bring it in for an alignment or did you do the steering wheel adjustment yourself? Thanks

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Awesome thanks - did you bring it in for an alignment or did you do the steering wheel adjustment yourself? Thanks
I haven't done a level yet. Purchased the Gladiator, LineX, Rubi takeoff rims, new DuraTracs, tonneau cover. Had to slow down before my Wife started to frown.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
new adjustable front track bar is need so that you can properly center your front axle and keep both of your wheels evenly positioned inside the wheel wells.
I firmly disagree! Not for a 1.5” level. It’s a complete waste of money.

Merrick

First Name
Merrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Manager
new adjustable front track bar is need so that you can properly center your front axle and keep both of your wheels evenly positioned inside the wheel wells.
I measured my axle position pre and post install. No change whatsoever.

OP
OP

LSUonyx09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I measured my axle position pre and post install. No change whatsoever.
Did you bring it in for an alignment or did the steering wheel adjustment yourself after the level?

Sponsored

Merrick

First Name
Merrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Manager
Did you bring it in for an alignment or did the steering wheel adjustment yourself after the level?
Haven't had it aligned yet. Steering wheel adjustment took me all of 5 minutes. When lifting, need to turn the drag link adjustment counter clockwise to center it. Really easy to do yourself.

I'll do an alignment after i have everything retorqued in a couple of weeks.

OP
OP

LSUonyx09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haven't had it aligned yet. Steering wheel adjustment took me all of 5 minutes. When lifting, need to turn the drag link adjustment counter clockwise to center it. Really easy to do yourself.

I'll do an alignment after i have everything retorqued in a couple of weeks.
Most people have said an alignment isn't necessary with the single axle and you only need to recenter the steering wheel. Not everyone believes this though. So not sure who to believe.

Jstrick

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Most people have said an alignment isn't necessary with the single axle and you only need to recenter the steering wheel. Not everyone believes this though. So not sure who to believe.
My buddy owns a garage, so he threw this kit on and did the alignment for me. He said to get the alignment back in range it was a very minimal adjustment and the steering wheel was only tweaked a little. Ive read a lot that anything under 2" doesn't do much as far as alignment and everything. Seemed to hold true at least in my experience.

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
Please at least search the forum before you start regurgitating this crap.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
There is nothing to align all you can do it center the steering wheel which has no effect on alignment. Alignment on a JT with stock or Mopar control arms is a waste of money.
Sponsored