First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
I had the Terraflex 1 1/2" put in the front, the Daystar 3/4" in the back, and the steering wheel realigned. It feels no different from stock. You don't need contol arms, extended sway bar links, an adjustable track bar, or any miscellaneous brackets unless you're going higher.
Sponsored

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
No adjustable track bar is needed. The little bit that the axle does shift is such a small amount that it still falls within alignment specs.

I don’t know that anyone said new control arms are “needed”, however I do recommend swapping in the Mopar lowers.
Reasons:
1) you’re already SUPPOSED to loosen the control arm bolts to install the level. Might as well take the extra 10 minutes and install the Mopar ones.
2). The JT (and JL) both suffer from low caster from the factory. The Mopar LCAs from the 2” lift kit have been a solution for the JL group to help with the wandering for awhile now. Since they are designed to use with the 2” lift, when installed with a 1.5” leveling kit you actually gain a little more caster than stock. This helps make for a more stable ride, and the little extra isn’t too much that it causes bad handling.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
No adjustable track bar is needed. The little bit that the axle does shift is such a small amount that it still falls within alignment specs.

I don’t know that anyone said new control arms are “needed”, however I do recommend swapping in the Mopar lowers.
Reasons:
1) you’re already SUPPOSED to loosen the control arm bolts to install the level. Might as well take the extra 10 minutes and install the Mopar ones.
2). The JT (and JL) both suffer from low caster from the factory. The Mopar LCAs from the 2” lift kit have been a solution for the JL group to help with the wandering for awhile now. Since they are designed to use with the 2” lift, when installed with a 1.5” leveling kit you actually gain a little more caster than stock. This helps make for a more stable ride, and the little extra isn’t too much that it causes bad handling.
👍 agree 100% I put them on with 1.5” spacer, definitely helped with wander.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I think the control arms also depend on if you're a Rubicon or not. The rubicon already has ~1" taller springs so adding in the 1.5" spacers is ~2.5" lift compared to a sport/overland. On a stock rubicon the longer control arms are what will bring you to 6* up from the ~4.5*-4.8* it has. If you keep the stock arms and add the 1.5"spacer on the rubicon you're going to be somewhere in the 3*'s for caster which will just make it wander even more.

Again, do you NEED control arms, no. But if you have the tools and the time to swap them its going to make it drive much better as the gladiators really do better around 6* of caster.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Thanks for the recommendation for adding the Mopar Lift LCA's! Just ordered them as my Teraflex level kit came in today!
You can buy them separate from the kit? Then later you can buy the remainder of the kit parts? Strange

Sponsored

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
You can buy them separate from the kit? Then later you can buy the remainder of the kit parts? Strange
Yes the LCAs are available separate. Many buy them because they’re a little longer than the factory ones and a lot cheaper than full blown adjustable ones.
When the JL came out, it had major issues with wandering. Partly because of the gear box (which they finally did a TSB for in late 2020), but also because the JL, and the JT, really don’t have enough caster from the factory. So a lot of the JL folks bought the Mopar LCAs to add a few more degrees and it greatly improved the handling.
I added the LCAs to mine, and always recommend them to anyone who does the leveling kit. Since they’re designed for use with a 2” lift, they add just a touch more caster than it had stock.

phranican

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 YJ4.0l, '20 Telluride SX, '21JTR
Installing the 1.5" TF spacer and Mopar lift LCA, when the weather turns nicer. TF install instructions call for the UCAs to be loosened/retorqued on the ground. How do you get to the driver-side axle bolt, it's buried above the pumpkin? Curious if anyone has had success or if I should just forgo that one.

BaliMawr

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTMT, 2004 R1150GS, 1979 R100
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Art Teacher, Blacksmith
Advantages of leveling kit? I’ve been considering this, but I don’t plan to increase tire size over stock, so are there any advantages over aesthetics? Thanks!

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Advantages of leveling kit? I’ve been considering this, but I don’t plan to increase tire size over stock, so are there any advantages over aesthetics? Thanks!
Not really. Its 99% just the aesthetics of a more level look (versus the built in rake) and on some trim levels it will let you just squeeze 35s on there and leave a little room. Beyond that....they can help to restore a factory ride stance if say you installed a heavy lift bumper and winch up front.

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
👍 agree 100% I put them on with 1.5” spacer, definitely helped with wander.
I have been waiting on tires and will be installing the TF level kit and daystar 3/4 for the rear when they arrive 35s ... havent seen anything about LCAs being replaced on a Mojave when leveling .. Does the extra front 1-inch factory lift make a difference in regards to needing or not, new LCA,s when leveling a Mojave?

Sponsored

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Installing the 1.5" TF spacer and Mopar lift LCA, when the weather turns nicer. TF install instructions call for the UCAs to be loosened/retorqued on the ground. How do you get to the driver-side axle bolt, it's buried above the pumpkin? Curious if anyone has had success or if I should just forgo that one.
You can get to it. If i recall correctly from doing it twice, my torque wrench was going up in a gap around the driveshaft / exhaust. Can't remember which side of that bolt i was on, bolt or nut, but you can get to it.

Now, i have 4 rhino ramps to have the jeep sitting on the "ground" 8" higher to make torquing the control arm bolts easier

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I have been waiting on tires and will be installing the TF level kit and daystar 3/4 for the rear when they arrive 35s ... havent seen anything about LCAs being replaced on a Mojave when leveling .. Does the extra front 1-inch factory lift make a difference in regards to needing or not, new LCA,s when leveling a Mojave?
I would replace the LCAs with the Mopar ones, Mojaves have low caster to start with so lifting it will make it even lower, it can only help with handling, they are cheap and easy to install.

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
I would replace the LCAs with the Mopar ones, Mojaves have low caster to start with so lifting it will make it even lower, it can only help with handling, they are cheap and easy to install.
Thanks for the feedback 🍻, makes sense! Front & rear? I am a novice at best when discussing modifications and of course lifting/leveling a JT ... so apologies if the answer is obvious ...
Sponsored