Eugene the Jeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
FCA has taken the site down.
Why not just share the link to begin with? We could've all gotten a chance to mess with it before it got removed. Hoarding it for yourself just so you can plug your site doesn't exactly seem like it's trying to help out the community here just sayin

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I'll be honest, while I think I'm sold on the Sting-Gray, I do like the look of both Gobi & Gator. Before they released the Sting-gray JL I was able to find the same colour (called Destroyer or something like that) on a Challenger. I wonder if Gobi or Gator exists for another vehicle in production that I could visit on a lot.

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Why not just share the link to begin with? We could've all gotten a chance to mess with it before it got removed. Hoarding it for yourself just so you can plug your site doesn't exactly seem like it's trying to help out the community here just sayin
+1. And I bet it's still up.

Guess we'll all have to wait until they push it out for real.

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Not sure if anybody noticed, but a better look at Gator here:

Screenshot-223.jpg

Edit: And here!

Screenshot-196-copy.jpg

This looks a lot better than that Deep Beryl ThrityOne spoke of. Not quiet as good as what is on jeep.com. I really hope ThrityOne is wrong, but he listed a source and his logic makes sense.

For what it's worth the paint code they list for Gator at [Banned Site] doesn't match tank.

It matches Deep Beryl Green

24858101.jpg

Either way I am waiting on late availability, Gator or Sting-grey. I am all ready to pull the trigger and have one of the first JT in town, but after waiting nearly 15 years I will wait a few more months for a color of my choice. Besides might give them time to work the kinks out on the assembly line.

@TexTJ209 - Gobi has been used in the past, I don't know if it is currently used under a different name on a different vehicle, but you can defiantly find some used jeeps with Gobi.

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
This looks a lot better than that Deep Beryl ThrityOne spoke of. Not quiet as good as what is on jeep.com. I really hope ThrityOne is wrong, but he listed a source and his logic makes sense.

Either way I am waiting on late availability, Gator or Sting-grey. I am all ready to pull the trigger and have one of the first JT in town, but after waiting nearly 15 years I will wait a few more months for a color of my choice. Besides might give them time to work the kinks out on the assembly line.

@TexTJ209 - Gobi has been used in the past, I don't know if it is currently used under a different name on a different vehicle, but you can defiantly find some used jeeps with Gobi.

From what I've seen, it's fairly common for Chrysler to reuse paint codes for different colors.

WranglerWillys

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1945 Willy's MB
I'll take that green.

I've got so much OD 319 in my life that I need a lil more.....

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Well that sucks, I was sold on Gator from the renderings. It looked much darker and almost grey/green. I am not a fan of the Deep Beryl.
OH no, I'm not a fan either. Have to wait to see in person.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
If can live with that. I’m sold on an army green of some sort.
that looks way better than the initial reveal rendering.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
From what I've seen, it's fairly common for Chrysler to reuse paint codes for different colors.
Perhaps. That's why I said "for what it's worth". But while I have seen them take an existing color and give it a new name, and maybe take an existing paint code and give it a new color, I have not seen them take an existing color and give it a new name AND a new paint code.

It may not be Beryl Green (and I hope it isn't), but it probably won't be tank if that is the correct paint code.
Sponsored