Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Gladiator today?

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Except don't the JTs have an air intake hole right next to the passenger side headlight, well below the pain one? As part of the transmission cooling system. I would think splashing into water gets water in there first.
there is a tube that guides air from the headlight grill area to just underneath the airbox intake - it does not connect to the airbox intake. Im not sure about the transmission... I guess i'll have a look.
Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
there is a tube that guides air from the headlight grill area to just underneath the airbox intake - it does not connect to the airbox intake. Im not sure about the transmission... I guess i'll have a look.
Good to know that it does not connect to the air intake box. But, that box has holes under it, if water goes up that tube it could/will still get into the air intake box, through the filter, and into the engine.

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Same! Had this setup on my JK and ordered the sliders the same week I ordered the truck. Got the sliders about a month before the truck and installed them the day I brought her home.
7F310FD7-3C89-4A78-BECC-6F4B0155911F.jpeg
Gotta say I’m not a fan of the look of side steps but I love the angled up look of the Ace rock sliders. The fact that they are dual purpose and they maintain the stock sliders is a huge plus. Now if I can just get them in aluminum to shave some weight...

Moonshineheadache

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Great White Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey - I hate cans!
Vehicle Showcase
Well, it's not today exactly, but finished our move to Nederland Colorado on Monday...just needed a few days to take care of other business. Three day drive from MD to CO via Chicago. DawgBox performed flawlessly but OPEC gave me a thank you letter for all the fuel I burnt through! :clap:. DawgBox was loaded to the max but was an easy driver (except out of Lincoln NE where the crosswinds resulted in me needing to keep the speed to 75mph instead of cruising about 83mph. Here's a couple of pictures of the trip.

NowWhereDidIPutTheTable.JPG

Unloading the DOMETIC to enjoy some nice peanut chicken collard green wraps...yum!

WillyNearStreetsboroOhio.JPEG

Is this a beauty or what?

OnTheRoad.jpg

Man, I need to paint that ski box Gobi!

IowaPicnic.JPG

Family bonding over lunch

ColoradoBoulder.JPG

Finally got all the hitchhikers off the windshield yesterday.

NedPairing.JPG

A quick trip to the local grocery store and a friend shows up!
Welcome to Colorado! I'm just down the canyon and a bit up north in Longmont! Have a great time settling into "Ned"! I suggest Pollard if you need a dealership - they're FANTASTIC!

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know that it does not connect to the air intake box. But, that box has holes under it, if water goes up that tube it could/will still get into the air intake box, through the filter, and into the engine.
you can RTV the holes closed

Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
in the snorkel instructions and kit, it provides a few of those black plastic christmas trees and says to use some black RTV to plug the drain holes in the airbox

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 765-1589

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? s-l1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Bought 10-ft sections of 1-inch PVC and other hardware to build a door stand. Another great reason to have my soft top!

53FFBF17-1229-4B09-9A1C-B9CF1BF35BEE.jpeg

Sponsored

JPARK60

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi JTR, 17 KTM 690 Enduro, 12 Grand Cherokee, 05 Cooper S, 03 Super Glide,
Occupation
Helo Maint.
Earned my first badge at the Black Tail Wild Bill Trail System. It's rated at 5-9 but all the major obstacles have routes around if necessary. There were a few I didn't attempt as I had the bike on the back so the tailgate was down. Weather was wet and in the clouds at times making it slick and muddy in places. Hope you enjoy a few photos of my non-mall crawler

Used a Garmin GPS to map out the track by way points, pretty easy to follow but still got on some side trails which I had to back track from. Lots and lots of old logging trails in the area.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? Blacktail Wild Bill Trail System GPS Track

Most of the trails were hard scrabble rock like this
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? Blacktail Wild Bill Trail System001.JPG

Quite a few places with deep pot holes filled with water and logs across the trail
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? Blacktail Wild Bill Trail System002.JPG

The obligatory boulder pose
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? Blacktail Wild Bill Trail System003

Undercarriage check after scraping a few boulders, rock rails are recommended and some extra skid plates def would have made me feel better about some of the bumps.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? Blacktail Wild Bill Trail System004.JPG

Checking angles so I wouldn't destroy the tailgate
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? Blacktail Wild Bill Trail System005.JPG

OK, so I only posed in front of this one, logs were wet & slippery and I was hoofing this alone, if you're going to get winched out you might as well do it with some peers to get those embarrassing photos
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? Blacktail Wild Bill Trail System006.JPG

I went through most of this but went right around the tires at the end, maybe need 40's to walk over that part
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? Blacktail Wild Bill Trail System007

Except for the fact that I didn't get to breakout the bike (it wasn't supposed to rain so I didn't bring my rain gear) and do some trail riding, it ended up a great wet, muddy day. and I got way too much new pin-stripping

busglad

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator-Overland (Billet Silver)
Occupation
US Federal Government Sr. Manager
I like the snorkel - and that you do not have to cut the hood. If you have $600 to throw away on something that looks cool, go for it! It won't turn your jeep into a submarine, but there's less worrying when splashing thru the big puddles. It uses a few rubber gaskets throughout and sort of clips onto the factory airbox. I would not trust it if i was over the hood deep in water. I would buy it again.
Gotcha/makes sense/thanks!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
What did I do with mine? I looked at it as I left for work at 6am, and looked at it when I got home from work at 7pm... :(

If the weather is nice, I might take the freedom panels off tomorrow, and go for a nice ride around, like I did a couple weeks ago. Burn some fuel while it's still relatively affordable. :like:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Gladys and I drove 60 miles and picked up a new utility trailer and we discovered this fun place for photos. What do you think @TTEChris ? Still not better than your graffiti.... But great eye candy.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 20200613_095046