Sponsored

What supercharger did you choose and why?

which supercharger?

• R.I.P.P.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Magnuson

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Hamburger

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Edelbrock

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
Following and looking forward to updates on this thread. I'm looking at the Magnuson. I have a buddy who is an ASE tech so the warranty isn't an issue. I'm on 37s right now, 5.13s and one piece RCVs are being installed as we speak, but will likely be going larger and upgrading the axles to 60s at some point.
Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
For reference, I've had the Edelbrock (self-installed) on my 2014 JKURX for a few years.

I've been reviewing the installation instructions for both units and weighing my perceived pros and cons about the two, and have decided I will go with the Edelbrock because of the following:

1. Where the respective cooling pumps mount, it supports my Grimm AEV dual air compressor mounting location.
2. Especially how the new radiator unit mounts to the front section.
a. The Magnusson causes you to lose the two front support struts and is bolted to the upper crossmember with bolts and the lower appears to just sit on the bottom strut with tabs holding it in place. In my mind this looks like it might eventually have some unwanted movement when offroading or on washboard roads, and could eventually cause a fatigue related failure.
b. Whereas the Edelbrock retains the front support struts and also provides brackets on each side which gives it 4 additional mounting points for the new radiator.
3. I can live with 41 WHP less.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Was getting steered towards Hamburger, but just saw the airbox has to be cut up and the intake cant remain sealed, so thats out. Maybe livernois or similar.

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
I have the Magnuson on my 3.6 JT. Love it. My complaint is Magnuson recommended keeping stock exhaust, as aftermarket exhausts generally reduce the SC's boost. I switched to 5.38 gearing for better 0-60/75 (red light to red light performance) and still cruise the highway at 85 with decent RPMs (maybe 3100). Put a Spectre CAI on it (only one that would fit without bending pipe after SC install), but still have a quiet stock sound.

I also have the Pedal Commander, set mostly at City "4", which helps with low end response tremendously. Lastly, I have the Madness Autoworks Autoflash, which removes torque limiting and "learns" shifting patterns to supposedly better align with mods. I've lightened it as much as possible, only so far you can take that on a JT.

Trying to find out if there is an exhaust that will give me a bit more throaty sound without losing significant boost.

On a positive, JT is quicker than a hemi swap. Regularly beats Ford Raptors, Mustang GTs, Non-M BMW's, and a host of other sub-$75k vehicles out there. It just doesn't have ANY sound to it.
Huh, like to see it beat my non M BMW. Lol

Sponsored

Desert_Chief

First Name
Chief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Jeeper
Huh, like to see it beat my non M BMW. Lol

For how long you have the magnuson on your rig? I had the procharger and it killed my engine in few weeks time and before even stepping on it. Very disappointing experience. I replaced it with a brand new wrangler engine and I am considering the magnuson this time.

Do I have to upgrade my axles. I have the Rubicon edition? Thanks buddy

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
For how long you have the magnuson on your rig? I had the procharger and it killed my engine in few weeks time and before even stepping on it. Very disappointing experience. I replaced it with a brand new wrangler engine and I am considering the magnuson this time.

Do I have to upgrade my axles. I have the Rubicon edition? Thanks buddy
few months so far, and so far so good... We have put a ton of miles on the jeep, pulling our Overlanding trailler as well, no problems yet, havent been beating on it offroad, but driving a little above normal.... Its been great

brotharon

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Freelance Stamp Collector
My Magnuson supercharger is supposed to be arriving on the 11th of Feb. The shop tells me about 4 days to install, so hopefully I have a supercharged JT this time next month. I went with Magnuson because of the warranty and the looks. I really think it is a great looking piece, and that is as important as anything else in my opinion.

Binford

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
I Have the RIPP on order. Anyone here have one?

Sponsored

Wally's Dad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Estimator, Preconstruction Manager
New here. I'm just following as this is a much-needed upgrade.

OP
OP
GEETCH

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
So i went with the Magnuson for a few reasons: review of the company and the clean installation without modification.
My thoughts so far:
i really like the drivability on it, i had it installed last month and have put 3500 miles on it so far with 1300 miles of towing 5500 lbs. this vehicle is also my daily driver and i would say its decent 99% of the time.
every once in a while she gets a little jumpy - touching throttle really wants to take off, just have to let off the skinny pedal. mostly noticeable on cold mornings for about the first mile.

aside from the above mentioned, i am really happy with it and the performance, i may eventually use daves tune that he has been working and is posting on the mag thread.

today i was focusing on MPG - according to the computer, city type driving 40mph and lower, consumption shows 23 mpg, highway on flat no wind i am getting 19 to 24 depending on road surface. my average stays around 17mpg according to computer (many grades high winds here and sometimes i punch the skinny pedal :rock:)

when i am cruising on the highway i mostly stay in 8th gear, will occasionally drop to 7th or 6th depending on grade.

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Geetch, can you give an update on your this summer, any trips, towing etc? Any heat issues towing problems, that kind of stuff.

3500 miles on it so far with 1300 miles of towing 5500 lbs.

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
Ah got it, I will take a look at that thread about the bypass valve.
FYI We have a bypass valve controller on the Hamburger's kits that eliminates compressor surge that ALL other kits have.
Sponsored