Sponsored

What's a mod that you wouldn't do again?

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
What is overloading?
Exceeding the door plate stated load capacity resulting in the vehicle weighing more than GVWR.

Not hard to do actually:
Although now, after re-reading the OP, I suspect that was a typo or autocorrect. OP said "It'll do as my name suggests" so I suspect it should have said overlanding instead of overloading.

In which case, the best definition I've heard for overlanding is "Vehicle-based Adventure Travel".
Sponsored

IdahoRubicon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Wish I wouldn't have got American Trail Products Rocker skids/step bars
I should have waited for Rockhard's.

The ATP's are a year old and look like hell already, rusting worse than the Chinese Tyger's that are on the other truck.
Either cheap steel, or crappy powdercoat.

Rodeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT
Occupation
Yes
Body/cab mount sliders.. NEVER again

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
:
Although now, after re-reading the OP, I suspect that was a typo or autocorrect. OP said "It'll do as my name suggests" so I suspect it should have said overlanding instead of overloading.

In which case, the best definition I've heard for overlanding is "Vehicle-based Adventure Travel".
"Overloading" is a funny slang term for "Overlanding" where people put all the stuff the YouTube influencers tell us we must have to survive on a trip. The result is exceeding your gvwr or "Overloading".

Last edited:

Sponsored

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
:

Overloading" is a funny slang term for "Overlanding" where people put all the stuff the YouTube influencers tell us we must have to survive on a trip. The result is exceeding your gvwr or "Overloading".
Hilarious!

Berserker

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
All of our belly pans have been revised since December. the new kits have smoother radiuses on some panels, we have opened up the tolerances some for vehicle to vehicle tolerance ranges, as well as some bend areas were changed by a few degrees to increase clearance around the crossover pipe so you can fit your hand between the crossover pipe and oil skid now. As well as there is a mid exhaust skid available and oil pan skids feature a removable door for more drain plug protection
Artec, thank you for the response and for updating the oil pan/transmission skid. I did take another look at it and decided to give the updated version a try. I do see some of the improvements you mentioned and am glad I have a complete bellypan system again. I shouldn't doubt your product because I abused my rig. :beer:

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
The Mopar trailer brake controller.
Why?
Well, the RedArc Liberty functions the same, easily leaves the 12v socket and is roughly half the price. Or for a bit more, but still less than the Mopar, you can get the RedArc Elite that adds some extra functionality.
They all more or less install the same.
Yes I drilled a hole in my dash, but it's in a small piece that would be easy to replace, not that I ever will.

And yes, I have both the Mopar, in wife's Wrangler, and RedArc Liberty in my Gladiator. I installed both myself, and have used both to pull my cargo trailer with. I, personally would do the RedArc again, hands down.

Mad Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Far Northwest Deep East Texas in the Dirty South
Website
www.best-motorcycle.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 Wrangler Sahara
Would not do the M.O.R.E. Hide-a-Step again.

For me, the step is too far back
and does not drop low enough to be worthwhile.
Not so fast.
In the fullness of time,
I have modified how I get in with my Hide-a-Step.

Instead of stepping on it with the ball of my foot
and twisting my knee,
I slide my foot forward placing my heel on the step.
Then my foot and leg are free to pivot outward,
saving my knee.

I've started using my step on a regular basis now
and I like it.

Sponsored

Timoleon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Tech
Cheaping out on Amazon special ditch lights. Long story short, great deal on fantastically bright lights that look good and perform good. Down side, the LED emits so much interference my HAM radio gets knocked out when they’re on.

I replaced them with the ones I was going to purchase at 3x the cost andhave had zero issues.
Same problem with my Harbor Freight lights; RF hash all over the 2meter and HF bands....

Best 73
NH2BV

The Sigma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Overlanding rack. Super-glad it's there when I use it, I ended up not using it enough to justify the cost.

MMMojave

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired LEO - Current College Professor
Knee panel speakers…. Taking the dash apart was a 4-5 hour job and sucked. Inam glad it is done but never again!