Sponsored

Who else is learning what it's like to own a truck for the first time?

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
First truck. Wouldn't have purchased if not a jeep. I am like the poster above and have used 2500 suburban and trailers to get done what jeeps couldn't. Super happy with having our first bed on a vehicle. Definitely makes alot of aspects easier as far as hauling loads. That being said, I will put some type of shell or cover on still to haul dogges. Every jeep I'm driving at the moment becomes my favorite and this is no exception. The JK has been feeling left out lately...
Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
................and this makes Tyler sad. Fast forward to the Gladiator announcement and this makes Tyler happy. I now have a vehicle that scratches the itch for a toy, can perform SUV duty, can do truck things for the house we’re looking to buy, and best of all it’s a Jeep! And same as me, another Jeep will be bringing home my family. It’s a nice cycle :)

I’m glad Tyler’s happy now

sad85XD

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker Red 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon "Azazel"
Occupation
Auditor
First Jeep. First truck. First American car. Nothing but rice burners before this. Still not 100% sure why I even went to look at it, but definitely not looking back so far

. Its nice to have a community that isn't complete A-holes. The sports car communities are so obsessed with having the best/fastest/brandspecific. There's elitists everywhere but there's definitely less in the jeep community that I've had personal experience with.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
First Jeep. First truck. First American car. Nothing but rice burners before this. Still not 100% sure why I even went to look at it, but definitely not looking back so far

. Its nice to have a community that isn't complete A-holes. The sports car communities are so obsessed with having the best/fastest/brandspecific. There's elitists everywhere but there's definitely less in the jeep community that I've had personal experience with.
Just watch out for tire size envy!

KentuckyCatFan

First Name
Nina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Hydro Blue Overland
I have a extremely reliable Honda Ridgeline. I have owned Wranglers and Grand Cherokee in the past.

I am trading my Ridgeline for a Gladiator Overland.
It is time to drive something fun again.

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I've been curious as to how many people were Jeep people and truck people. Seems to be a good mix of both here as far as people that have had or have Jeeps without trucks and truck people that have not had a Jeep. After having a couple CJs I've be a Jeep guy but my vehicle needs have lead me to be a truck guy... Happy for the Gladiator it brings it all together
The first vehicle I ever bought was a truck, a Chevy LUV (Light Utility Vehicle) in '77. Didn't have a truck for a while, then needed one to tow sailboat. Got a basic white work truck used for that. Got a convertible as my everyday. Truck (GMC) rusted out so bad I went to change the rear shocks and found that the top attachment point was gone and the shocks where supporting nothing. Needed new truck, wanted new convertible, Gladiator gave me both.

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
Line up next to a stock-geared vehicle with huge tires at a light, and floor it. Tire size envy cure. Not that a Jeep should be a race car or dueling from "the line" but there is a limit to patience as well for acceleration. YMMV.

77badriand

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Jeep JK
Owned trucks my whole life also not sure how people function without em to be honest. My wife has a JK and loves it so When gladiator was announced my interest was peaked. Told myself no way I was paying what they wanted for em. Welp after I saw one and test drive here I am with one and not missing my full size I traded in for.

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
My last jeep was a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. Jeep Cherokee before that, a few Chrysler automobiles and a barebones Jeep Wrangler in the early 90's. Recently, had a wreck in my JGC that totaled it, and I needed a replacement ASAP. No JGC trailhawks at the available dealers in my area. Decided why not, and got the Gladiator Overland model. Still getting used to the difference... Looks like I'll need to break down for WDH to tow my travel trailer (RPOD), need a cheapo tonneau cover to get me through the winter, get some new mounts for my Yakima racks (i'm leaning towards getting bed rail mounts). New tires, I may forego the bigger tires / with lifts, and just get some BFG KO2 in 33" size. For some reason, the engine block heater was not optioned out, and the dealer wanted 500 bucks to add it on. I'll have to put that off for a bit and price one out, maybe do it myself.

It is nice though and I like there are not that many around town yet. I don't think I've seen any others, other than mine on the streets.

Sponsored

Krazy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 310gs
Owning a truck wrecks ya, my 1997 f150 beater truck died in spring. a couple of months later I sold my perfectly fine wrx, waited all summer and just ordered a sting grey gladiator Rubicon. I'm excited and haven't even missed my old car . I don't vape anyway so it wasn't really me.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
My last jeep was a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. Jeep Cherokee before that, a few Chrysler automobiles and a barebones Jeep Wrangler in the early 90's. Recently, had a wreck in my JGC that totaled it, and I needed a replacement ASAP. No JGC trailhawks at the available dealers in my area. Decided why not, and got the Gladiator Overland model. Still getting used to the difference... Looks like I'll need to break down for WDH to tow my travel trailer (RPOD), need a cheapo tonneau cover to get me through the winter, get some new mounts for my Yakima racks (i'm leaning towards getting bed rail mounts). New tires, I may forego the bigger tires / with lifts, and just get some BFG KO2 in 33" size. For some reason, the engine block heater was not optioned out, and the dealer wanted 500 bucks to add it on. I'll have to put that off for a bit and price one out, maybe do it myself.

It is nice though and I like there are not that many around town yet. I don't think I've seen any others, other than mine on the streets.
I wanted a block heater on mine, but they don't order them here because they figure no one will need it. I've looked at the instructions, and adding a block heater seems to be a pretty involved process. I'm planning to add one of the oil pan heaters, instead. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PM87W3I/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_8?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
I assume we are talking pickups. I always wanted a pickup but never liked any mid size truck, except a Syclone and until now. I prefer to keep it in my garage so a full size has always been out. I've had a few SUVs and don't think I'm going back. Love what I can do with it and man it looks cool...

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I have no idea how this happened. Actually, I do know exactly how this happened. First, the automakers got away from frame on rail suvs and turned them into minivans (e.g. the Honda Pilot). So the wife got a glorified minivan for the family truckster that I can use to carry home depot stuff or count on to drive on semi-paved roads. Second, I needed to replace my sedan with a car that fits the kids. My current sedan still works, so I kept dragging my feet on the 540. Third, I saw the gladiator parked on the hill in front of the dealership. I went and looked at it, and saw that it was FUN. Not an advanced drivers car like the 540.

So then the next car for the wife is the Land Rover on a lease. She gets the dinner car, I have the s2k for summer racing and the Gladiator to hit the offroad park and act as the ski truck.

LadyLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator/2004 TJ
I’ve always owned SUV’s or Wranglers. Never a pickup until now. I never considered one until I saw the Gladiator!
Sponsored