Sponsored

Why not buy a full size truck for the same price?

Zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I love Jeeps, so I bought one. Damn......Look at that! It happens to be a truck too!
Sponsored

Sleighman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Retired LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I have owned 1-2003 Z71, 3-Tacomas 2009, 2011 and 2012. 1 Colorado 2016 and 6-Jeeps Cj, Xj' wj' 2 TJ 'Now the JT. I left for a few years to have a few proformance cars. When I decided on the JT I was torn between a ZR2 and A Tacoma TRD Sport. Of course all in 4x4. All priced in the low 40's. My 2016 Colorado 4x4 was an excellent truck. I had it setup nice. Here is why the JT won. FUN, Looks, 4x4 system (Selecttrac), freedom top and overall package. I bought the Willys because it was the best bang for the buck. 8.4 Nav, select Trac 4x4 Alpine Stereo Dana 44's with 3:73. Everything blacked out. Heated front seats. Now a days there is really no wrong choice. You gotta figure out what fits your lifestyle.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I don’t want a full size pickup. I have owned several. The Gladiator is way more fun and still does the truck things I want it to. If I need to haul more I hook up the trailer.
This.

I had an Expedition EL. PITA to navigate new shopping centers with incoherent directions and smaller parking spaces. Great for hauling all our camping s**t. Comfortable on 14-16hr drives.

But parking lot navigation was exhausting. After a few weeks of ownership, I resigned to just parking in the back 40 and walking.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
For one reason, take the top and doors off of that full size truck... oh, right you can’t do that.

Sponsored

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
This.

I had an Expedition EL. PITA to navigate new shopping centers with incoherent directions and smaller parking spaces. Great for hauling all our camping s**t. Comfortable on 14-16hr drives.

But parking lot navigation was exhausting. After a few weeks of ownership, I resigned to just parking in the back 40 and walking.
I have a navigator L and the gladiator is way more of a pain in parking lots. Not surprising since the wheel base is longer and the hood is higher ;)

I park them side by side every night and the jeep is just as big.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I have a navigator L and the gladiator is way more of a pain in parking lots. Not surprising since the wheel base is longer and the hood is higher ;)

I park them side by side every night and the jeep is just as big.
Not for me. I had a 2012 Expy. It's 5 inches wider than the JT. And despite the JT having a longer wheelbase, the turning radius is basically the same as an Expy. Add the roughly 1000 pounds less the JT weighs versus the Expy, the JT feels exceptionally nimble, comparatively speaking.

Driving in MSFT parking garages with the Expy was always an adventure. There were a few transitions that made me question the actual height of the Expy.

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not for me. I had a 2012 Expy. It's 5 inches wider than the JT. And despite the JT having a longer wheelbase, the turning radius is basically the same as an Expy. Add the roughly 1000 pounds less the JT weighs versus the Expy, the JT feels exceptionally nimble, comparatively speaking.

Driving in MSFT parking garages with the Expy was always an adventure. There were a few transitions that made me question the actual height of the Expy.
Glad it worked out for you.
My Mojave is longer and taller than my Navigator L.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Glad it worked out for you.
My Mojave is longer and taller than my Navigator L.
What year is the Lincoln? If it's the current generation, the Lincoln is longer, wider, and slightly taller (unless you're lifted).

Current (2021) Lincoln Navigator L:
222"L x93.8"W x76.4"T
JT Gladiator Mojave:
218"L x74"W x 76.1"T

The gladiator has a longer wheelbase though, at 137.3" compared to 131.6". But the jeep is smaller than a current Navigator L

If it's an older year, it just shows how much bigger everything is becoming these days!

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What year is the Lincoln? If it's the current generation, the Lincoln is longer, wider, and slightly taller (unless you're lifted).

Current (2021) Lincoln Navigator L:
222"L x93.8"W x76.4"T
JT Gladiator Mojave:
218"L x74"W x 76.1"T

The gladiator has a longer wheelbase though, at 137.3" compared to 131.6". But the jeep is smaller than a current Navigator L

If it's an older year, it just shows how much bigger everything is becoming these days!
Good call on the overall length. I was comparing wheelbase.

the gladiator does seem taller but they’re stupid close. I just have an easier time navigating the Navi in parking garages. Maybe it’s because I’m not as familiar with the gladiator.

Sponsored

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gadiator Sport / Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher
Bottom line is this, you buy a Jeep because you want to take the top and doors off! The truck bed was just a bonus.
Jeep Wrangler + Truck of your choice = about $100,000

Well Equipped Gladiator = about $50,000

You buy the Gladiator because it saves you $50K.
Who doesn't want to save $50,000!!!!!!!!
Who says buying a Gladiator isn't a good investment.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I just squeezed through here....Tires aired dow to 17psi and rolling around the trees. Do that in a full-sized truck. My son thought it was hysterical....hence the face I made.

IMG_4583.jpg

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I just squeezed through here....Tires aired dow to 17psi and rolling around the trees. Do that in a full-sized truck. My son thought it was hysterical....hence the face I made.

Jeep Gladiator Why not buy a full size truck for the same price? IMG_4583
Really like you old school KC Daylighter covers. :like:

MaysvilleStig

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
United States Marine Corps
I live in CO as well. I traded my Sierra AT4 for the JT. The AT4 was just too big for the trails here and the JT is still enough to tow my Evo or SxS when I need to. I do miss the extra room in the full size sometimes.

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
Had five previous jeeps including the CAMMANCHE P/UP.
The jeeps take the tops off and play field goal with the girl friend in the 70 s.
Try that with the top on in a full size pick up ,talk about cramps .
Sponsored