Rose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport 2021
Occupation
Artist
Gladiator fuel overflowing.

How’s it going guys and girls. Just got a gladiator Rubicon. Is anyone else out there having a pretty good amount of fuel overflowing when the tank fills up while pumping gas.?. I know the Jeep Has warranty but like many of us I like to avoid the dealer whenever possible. I know some jeeps in the past have had this issue but has anyone had it with a new models?
Unfortunately yes , with my Jeep Gladiator 2021. Pump nozel doesn’t seem to fit in properly causing splash back even filling very slowly. ???
Sponsored

Kirk*Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Jeep Mojave/toyota camry
My 22 does it too or the pump shuts off early not filling the tank all the way up

tksmr2

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1993, 1989 and 1987 MR2
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Happened to me twice in the first 1k miles of owning this 2020.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator fuel overflowing. Gladiator_leakage

WetWilly

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
Happened to me twice in the first 1k miles of owning this 2020.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator fuel overflowing. Gladiator_leakage
I thought at first mine was projectile vomiting due to the cost of gas making it sick to it's stomach, but gas went down a little and it still does it.

Sponsored

hehmsen3

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-8, 2015 JK Sport, 2023 JTR (ordered)
Occupation
Auto Parts
Happens almost every time and no matter what brand of fuel/pump I use, even on the slow setting. Very frustrating.

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
45K on mine now and have yet to see this problem. A head scratcher for sure.

Probably just jinked myself.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Mine seems to have stopped overflowing for now. No clue what changed other than being in colder weather.

$1.98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Hit or miss on mine. There is no rhyme or reason that I can figure out. Sure is frustrating.

SnazzGlad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Mine just started doing this. 2021 with 18k miles. I fill up all over the place, I’ll probably bring it in sooner or a later.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Mine just started doing this. 2021 with 18k miles. I fill up all over the place, I’ll probably bring it in sooner or a later.
Please let us know if you need any support while working with the dealership, we are happy to help.

Kate
Jeep Cares

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My 2020 never ever did this save for one station that had a nozzle that was funky - one time it kicked back and ONLY at that station.
My 2022 doesn't do it - or didn't - until it got cold...... now I have to watch it.
Is this a cold weather thing?
I checked the evaporative (sp) emissions stuff in the truck's logs and it didn't say fuel was over-filled/too full or however it's worded and all of the evaporative emissions stuff looked ok

WetWilly

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
My 2020 never ever did this save for one station that had a nozzle that was funky - one time it kicked back and ONLY at that station.
My 2022 doesn't do it - or didn't - until it got cold...... now I have to watch it.
Is this a cold weather thing?
I checked the evaporative (sp) emissions stuff in the truck's logs and it didn't say fuel was over-filled/too full or however it's worded and all of the evaporative emissions stuff looked ok
My 2022 does it consistently here in Florida @ 95 degrees or 35 degrees. And I have tried different locations to fill, seems to make no difference. Filling it fast or slow seems to make no difference either.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My 2022 does it consistently here in Florida @ 95 degrees or 35 degrees. And I have tried different locations to fill, seems to make no difference. Filling it fast or slow seems to make no difference either.
I wonder if people could confront Jeep and/or dealers with this thought - spilling fuel is a violation of the EPA's evaporative emissions rules for these vehicles (and honestly, it may be?!)
It's a hazard as well - a fire hazard. (I may be stretching science here but really there's got to be a way to get them to address it on vehicles that do it consistently.)

WetWilly

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
I wonder if people could confront Jeep and/or dealers with this thought - spilling fuel is a violation of the EPA's evaporative emissions rules for these vehicles (and honestly, it may be?!)
It's a hazard as well - a fire hazard. (I may be stretching science here but really there's got to be a way to get them to address it on vehicles that do it consistently.)
I currently have an appointment, I dread the tap dance. Hopefully I can post something positive after they look at it.
Sponsored