Sponsored

What improvements would you like to see?

41Willys

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Pilot, '16 Kia Sorrento, '07 Toyota Tundra
I think there are some really thoughtful features in this truck, but I can't help but wonder how it may be made even better, functionally or asthetically.

I've seen mention of retro tailgate lettering (or even modern "pressed" letters,) better integrated rear camera, or perhaps a roll down rear window such as that available on the Tundra.

Is there anything the concept designers haven't already come up with that you would like to see?
Sponsored

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
My two biggest complaints...

1. Why can't the soft top go all the way back? I'm torn between ordering the premium top, or order the standard and hope bestop creates a legitimate product. And don't get me started on the lack of a tan top option.

2. The red interior accents on the Rubi. Give us a saddle cloth option! I'm going to have to get leather seats to avoid the awful racer-boy interior accents.

OP
OP

41Willys

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Pilot, '16 Kia Sorrento, '07 Toyota Tundra

1. Why can't the soft top go all the way back? I'm torn between ordering the premium top, or order the standard and hope bestop creates a legitimate product. And don't get me started on the lack of a tan top option.

2. The red interior accents on the Rubi. Give us a saddle cloth option! I'm going to have to get leather seats to avoid the awful racer-boy interior accents.
Ohhhh, tan top. Completely forgot about that one. Great catch!

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Yes Please no red accents period.
PLEASE PLEASE have a ā€˜Throwback Editionā€™ with the old-school Jeep fonts,
Or give me the options to build my own. Bonus points if they use the compass design like on my Wagoneer.
HD 6 speed manual, and add it as an option for the diesel.

EB3F51CA-D7CF-491D-9B5B-5FD51458EC9E.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S

Totally agree on the top. Jeep has good reason to make it stop at the top of the cab but they should also allow it to be lowered fully. I made that suggestion to Bestop a few days ago. It would be a good way to differentiate their top from the OEM one.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250

For me the top would have to do both - stop where it does today, and go all the way into the bed. If the choice is one or the other, Iā€™ll take Jeepā€™s current version.

I think most people who complain about this havenā€™t really thought through living with the thing, and are just reacting to how silly it looks (and I admit it does).

I just canā€™t limit my top-down days to when the bed is empty, or when I remove the expedition rack and RTT I want to buy.

Heck, even a simple headache bar or scrambler style roll bar would make a bed-sitting soft top useless, but the way Jeep designed it today, you can still put the top back with half the overland renders on this site.

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
For me the top would have to do both - stop where it does today, and go all the way into the bed. If the choice is one or the other, Iā€™ll take Jeepā€™s current version.

I think most people who complain about this havenā€™t really thought through living with the thing, and are just reacting to how silly it looks (and I admit it does).

I just canā€™t limit my top-down days to when the bed is empty, or when I remove the expedition rack and RTT I want to buy.

Heck, even a simple headache bar or scrambler style roll bar would make a bed-sitting soft top useless, but the way Jeep designed it today, you can still put the top back with half the overland renders on this site.
I agree that the top should have 2 points to fold back to, but if I had to choose only 1, it would be all the way back. I'm not going to have anything in the bed 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time, I could just lay the top back and let it lay atop whatever is in the bed I'm sure.

If I can, I am going to go with the black hard top and wait for bestop to release my dream soft top.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I wish they'd make it IFS.

- More ground clearance
- Better ride
- No death wobble
- No steering issues
- Better safety scores
- Decreased length would allow it to fit in garages more easily
- Less weight
- Improved fuel economy
- Would still go 95% of the places a solid axle will go

jeeprscreeprs

First Name
brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 cherokee

- More ground clearance
- Better ride
- No death wobble
- No steering issues
- Better safety scores
- Less weight
- Improved fuel economy
no thank you ill keep the solid axles as long as I can if you want an ifs truck go pick literally any other truck on the market or buy old toyotas

Sponsored

biggdave92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / 2000 XJ Sport 4x4

- More ground clearance
- Better ride
- No death wobble
- No steering issues
- Better safety scores
- Less weight
- Improved fuel economy
BAN HIM!!!!!!! Lol

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

unfortunately i got caught up in the sillyness of how it looks. I'll probably get some kind of bed rack and that'll eliminate the use of a "down to the bed" softop. damn you DROGERS for being so smart. lol

Jeepin Weekend

First Name
Easton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 2 Door Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon

- More ground clearance
- Better ride
- No death wobble
- No steering issues
- Better safety scores
- Less weight
- Improved fuel economy
Solid axle
- cheaper
- stronger
- easier to modify
- requires fewer modifications to fit bigger tires
- MUCH better RTI
- portal axles = better clearance
- better performance offroad overall
- tows better
- better in sandy terrains (IFS have suspension compression issues)

There are many other options on the market if you want a midsize pickup with IFS up front, and the JT will be unique in this aspect, so plz do not take this away from us. The only place IFS shines is if you are doing high-speed offroading, or if you dump boatloads of money into it to make something that's similar to builds at KOH. Honestly though stock for stock IFS is inferior to solids axles on the trails. There's a reason Jeep still keeps them around.

Additionally here's a solid video discussing the differences. Most people buy Jeeps b/c of its capability. Not its "comfortable ride" or "good mpg".

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250

- More ground clearance
- Better ride
- No death wobble
- No steering issues
- Better safety scores
- Less weight
- Improved fuel economy

F7D02F05-2534-47E7-B05C-8A9455B1AE96.jpeg

Oh lord Jesus, forgive and protect this young man, for he knows not how crazy he sounds.

Chukronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe

- More ground clearance
- Better ride
- No death wobble
- No steering issues
- Better safety scores
- Less weight
- Improved fuel economy
That would be great is you don't ever take it off road. Those CV boots will be toast if any debris punctures it.
Sponsored