OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Slow down there partner. Like DAVECS1 stated, try the muffler he suggested or maybe any of the oval style magnaflow mufflers, maybe one will help with drone.
Right now I can not think of the part number I used but on my 6.0 LS swap I did, I used a 21" (?) magnaflow oval muffler and I had really nice tone with no drone, in fact I used another model design to lessen the noise level down and still had no drone. I will look and see if I can find the part numbers that I used and get back with them.
I am kind of thinking of trying one on mine as it has a bit of drone, not bad but it is there. I am running 2250 rpm's at 75 so not in the same area as you.
Yeah I know. I am just super disappointed that the muffler swap made it actually worse for the acoustic experience since it only took away the good stuff and didn't help with the drone. I also texted Jared for ideas.
Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Yeah I know. I am just super disappointed that the muffler swap made it actually worse for the acoustic experience since it only took away the good stuff and didn't help with the drone. I also texted Jared for ideas.
Talk with @Josh/AWE @Dave/AWE

They might be able to give you some ideas from their hemi experience.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Oh I understand how frustrating it can be. Sorry can not find part numbers but this is what I had on the JKU with 6.0 LS and I liked it. Thought it was a bit loud so I put one on there that was a bit quieter but then missed it.

muffler.jpg

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Bummer, hopefully you get it sorted out. There was something I read on here about some type of loop that eliminated the drone on aftermarket exhaust of the 3.6.

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Update: stock muffler back in so the truck sounds great again but still have the drone issue at cruising speed but it's so much better than the alternative muffler I had on for a day which was drone without the roar. So happier again šŸ˜ the guys at Lous Custom Exhaust suggested duals that split after the muffler to get rid of drone. They would fab the pipes and it would be 2x2.5 inch pipes. I'll check with Jared and RubiTrux on their thoughts to see if it's worth a shot. The guys at Lous are pure gold btw

Sponsored

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Update: sending the truck to AMW4x4 so they can take a look. super happy about that and the offer to take a look at my truck. Can't say enough positives about them. They did not do my install but really want to help solve my issue. Somethings off with the drone with my truck and this way they can hear and diagnose the issue. should have sent it to them in the first place...

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Update: sending the truck to AMW4x4 so they can take a look. super happy about that and the offer to take a look at my truck. Can't say enough positives about them. They did not do my install but really want to help solve my issue. Somethings off with the drone with my truck and this way they can hear and diagnose the issue. should have sent it to them in the first place...
I would.work on it :)

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Research Helmholtz resonator. I remember looking at this a few years ago when I had my tundra. Not sure if this would help you.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
If you cannot wrap your mind around using a Flow master. Corsa Model 80 works well, as well as the Hooker Aero chamber, both work well with 3.5 to 3 inch pipe. A decent tail pipe is critical to. Something longer than 12" (insert size joke here)

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
If you cannot wrap your mind around using a Flow master. Corsa Model 80 works well, as well as the Hooker Aero chamber, both work well with 3.5 to 3 inch pipe. A decent tail pipe is critical to. Something longer than 12" (insert size joke here)
AMW will get him taken care of. He can sit back and relax now!

Sponsored

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
AMW will get him taken care of. He can sit back and relax now!
Yeah I am fairly optimistic and if not I at least have been able to show it to them so they know I am not crazy šŸ˜‚ or sensitive at all to noise. Pickup is scheduled for Friday so if you curious Mopar King go check it out after if you nearby. 1600-1800RPM is my drone sweet spot and easiest to get into it is just 8th gear on highway go 60-75

gonejeepn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Yeah I am fairly optimistic and if not I at least have been able to show it to them so they know I am not crazy šŸ˜‚ or sensitive at all to noise. Pickup is scheduled for Friday so if you curious Mopar King go check it out after if you nearby. 1600-1800RPM is my drone sweet spot and easiest to get into it is just 8th gear on highway go 60-75
Hey folks, new to the forum. Hope all are well! Iā€™m really keyed into this one because Iā€™m considering a 6.4l JT Rubicon which AMW actually was the creator of (considering purchasing through one of their dealers in their network). I have heard of the drone issue in the past. Iā€™ve had two AEV JK350ā€™s, both of which had the 5.7 which was nice but not overwhelming, so am really interested in the performance upgrade of the 6.4.

Hope you all can indulge me here with two questions (for starters):
1. Did AMW get teh drone thing figured out and what was the resolution for you?
2. What is the performance (0-60) like in this thing? I know there are a ton of variables, I also know itā€™s ridiculous to purchase a Gladiator thinking about 0-60 times...but then again itā€™s also kinda nuts to put such a large motor in a Jeep truck (and here I am thinking seriously about it!).

Thanks to any and all fo your direction.

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
1) the carrier to get my truck to AMW was a no show and I could not get it shipped before my two week trip and now we are heading into wheeling season. So my plan currently is to try duals first with my local muffler shop as I can't be without the truck right now. Drone peaks at 1800 and based on your tire size and gear ratio it may not be relevant. That being said if you go through AMW they will make sure you don't have drone issues. The sound otherwise is fantastic

2) with my 35s it's super quick off the line and pulls hard at any RPM range. It's just right in my opinion on this setup. beware as others will try to race you šŸ’Ŗalso decent MPG with the small tank

gonejeepn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
1) the carrier to get my truck to AMW was a no show and I could not get it shipped before my two week trip and now we are heading into wheeling season. So my plan currently is to try duals first with my local muffler shop as I can't be without the truck right now. Drone peaks at 1800 and based on your tire size and gear ratio it may not be relevant. That being said if you go through AMW they will make sure you don't have drone issues. The sound otherwise is fantastic

2) with my 35s it's super quick off the line and pulls hard at any RPM range. It's just right in my opinion on this setup. beware as others will try to race you šŸ’Ŗalso decent MPG with the small tank
Thanks for the info! Coming from a full size GMC Sierra Denali so still hesitatant about the ride but Iā€™ve had many Jeeps before and so am trying to set my expectations properly. My experience with AEVā€™s anyway was always that the larger tires, quality lift, and larger engine actually help the ride vs. hurting it (in terms of settling down the highway speed wobble and the like..), ,maybe with the exception of stopping :). Any thoughts there?

Thanks again and good luck with the drone. Appreciate it

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Thanks for the info! Coming from a full size GMC Sierra Denali so still hesitatant about the ride but Iā€™ve had many Jeeps before and so am trying to set my expectations properly. My experience with AEVā€™s anyway was always that the larger tires, quality lift, and larger engine actually help the ride vs. hurting it (in terms of settling down the highway speed wobble and the like..), ,maybe with the exception of stopping :). Any thoughts there?

Thanks again and good luck with the drone. Appreciate it
If you are anything less than convinced - don't do it. It's not a sale you want to "talk yourself into" so to speak.
Sponsored