Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Overland: For someone who wants a truck that is more geared towards luxury than off-road capability, or for someone who wants to tear everything apart to upgrade performance-wise but have luxury inside
This is why I have the O'land. (also, it was Gator...)
Sponsored

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Gotta do em all!

Sport: I dont like modern things, they break. People call me an 'old soul' instead of saying what they really mean: crotchety

Willys Sport: I'm trying to portray I'm leading the kind of lifestyle where offroading with no doors happens at a moment's notice. There's a 97% chance this is just an image

Sport S: I will never take off my doors or top, why did i pay so much for a small truck? I probably should have bought a Tacoma

Max Tow: Nothing says "truck" like capability. That's why I got the maximum towing capacity to help me move my jetskis that I take out twice a year to bring it to the mechanic to figure out why they're not working again. You really need 7650lbs of towing to move 3k worth of stuff if you're doing it right!

Willys: An LsD iS MoRE usEFuL iN SnoW tHaN A LoCKer aNYwAy

Altitude: I went to the jeep dealership to buy a JLU but this thing made eyes at me and somehow i left with a higher payment. I wonder what you're even supposed to put in a truck bed?

Texas Trail: Just in case people can't see my tattoo of the shape of the state of Texas... or my license plate... or can't hear me tell them I'm from texas every 8-43 seconds when i speak... i made sure the side of my rig said texas too. Texas!

California Edition: We felt special we had our own edition until they renamed it Altitude and sold it everywhere

80th anniversary: It's totally different from an Overland, I swear!

Freedom: I don't understand that Team America: World Police is satirical. Also i never grew out of the sticker phase most kids go through.

Launch: I'm too angry they put my wheels on a zillion other trims to have any other opinions right now

Overland: I hate my silver grille inserts and my rims, and I wish my truck had offroady bits, but they lured me in with that popular equipment package and the rebates! Damn the value!

Rubicon: I'm a right proper rock crawler, I am. I swears it, i swears! 40s make up for a wheel base a mile long right?

Mojave: I can't say strengthened steering knuckles or reinforced frame without getting at least a little bit hard. This ultimate dune smasher will be perfect for driving on the easy flat beaches of the Outer Banks that people used to do with RWD sedans in the 70s.

High Altitude: No one told me people make fun of jeeps on 20s until after I bought this
I went sport s and can confirm the top or doors will never come off...

Advntrbound

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
I went Sport S because I wanted a manual, cloth seats and some luxuries. I'll never use lockers so why pay for them? I've had Mopar info screens before they are meh at best, so 7" it is because it was getting replaced anyway. I do wish I had paid attention to the tow rating before buying the manual. But my payload 1635lbs. All I'll tow is a 6x12 enclosed trailer with my BMW R1200GSA and a RTT for camping.

OP
OP
Mister Lamb

Mister Lamb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Power Plant Operator
Willy`s was the right choice for me - solid middle of the road option. Covered a lot of the basic stuff you want out of the box, but wasnt wasting a bunch of money on stuff that Id be upgrading past the quality / options offered by OEM. The wheels / lift / suspension of the Mojave or Rubicon would have just been yanked off and sold on Craigslist at a loss.

Do wish I had a pair of them Mojave seats though, wont lie.
I have a Willy's Sport w/ a 3.5" uConnect (soft)...

In all seriousness though I'm happy with the Willy's. In hind sight though I wish I opted for a Sport package with Max Tow. I don't own an RV right now but I do hope to in the next few years and know re-gearing and swapping axles is gonna cost a lot more than Black wheels, a black grill, and all terrain tires... Like anyone else though I only put extra thought after my purchase

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I have a Willy's Sport w/ a 3.5" uConnect (soft)...

In all seriousness though I'm happy with the Willy's. In hind sight though I wish I opted for a Sport package with Max Tow. I don't own an RV right now but I do hope to in the next few years and know re-gearing and swapping axles is gonna cost a lot more than Black wheels, a black grill, and all terrain tires... Like anyone else though I only put extra thought after my purchase
And technically your payload or towing capacity will never increase to match the Max Tow.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
OP
OP
Mister Lamb

Mister Lamb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Power Plant Operator
Outside of the Max Tow having stiffer springs (which can be purchased), I can't see anything to indicate that parts can't be upgraded to allow for equal towing/payload capability. It's not like we're talking about a different engine or transmission. It's the axles and few upgraded components added in the Max Tow package that give the truck the higher tow/payload ratings, and if all those parts are available for purchase, how can towing/payload not be increased?

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
if all those parts are available for purchase, how can towing/payload not be increased?
I believe they're talking about legal payload and towing. No amount of aftermarket bits will get the DOT to issue you a new door jamb sticker

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Outside of the Max Tow having stiffer springs (which can be purchased), I can't see anything to indicate that parts can't be upgraded to allow for equal towing/payload capability. It's not like we're talking about a different engine or transmission. It's the axles and few upgraded components added in the Max Tow package that give the truck the higher tow/payload ratings, and if all those parts are available for purchase, how can towing/payload not be increased?
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/payload-questions.45481/post-738881

Just buy a Rubicon or Max Tow and add the black grill.

Sponsored

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Curious how people interpret the many available trims and who they're catered to (in a few words)...

Could help potential buyers and save people from trading in for a different model to better suit their needs (after the fact):

TRIMS:

Sport:

Willy's Sport:

Sport S:

Altitude:

Willys:

Overland:

Rubicon:

Mojave:

High Altitude:
Wait…………………….That’s part of the Jeep experience! I’ve had two. Don’t judge me.🤣👍

skindata

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Assembly Technician
Willy`s was the right choice for me - solid middle of the road option. Covered a lot of the basic stuff you want out of the box, but wasnt wasting a bunch of money on stuff that Id be upgrading past the quality / options offered by OEM. The wheels / lift / suspension of the Mojave or Rubicon would have just been yanked off and sold on Craigslist at a loss.

Do wish I had a pair of them Mojave seats though, wont lie.
If you’re interested and capable of taking off the trim to all your seats and replacing them, I can get you a whole set of Mojave in cloth or leather and the steel gray leather if that’s your thing.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
So the upgraded cooling, gears that are 4.10's and in wider axles are cost prohibitive to do after the fact. The sticker on your truck will not change to reflect that you did those expensive "upgrades", so legally you're not in any different a truck that you started. You'll be FAR better off selling the JT you have now and buying a Max Tow.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I believe they're talking about legal payload and towing. No amount of aftermarket bits will get the DOT to issue you a new door jamb sticker
The tow rating isn't on the door jamb sticker. Payload is.

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
First hand experience, my sport S was a much better handling truck on pavement with some capabilities off road.
Sponsored