JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
I put the full motobilt steel pan under but was also considering artec after I scratched the oil pan.'Lt what you asked but my point don't be afraid of the full belly pan :)
Well at the $2000 mark for the full skid, I want to at least get the engine and transmission protected. Then maybe move on with the other parts.
So you are saying that the engine skid was able to mount up? What all was done to make it work and what was done on the motor mount straps. I have been looking at it but without pieces in hand sometimes makes it even harder to "see" if they would work.
Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Well at the $2000 mark for the full skid, I want to at least get the engine and transmission protected. Then maybe move on with the other parts.
So you are saying that the engine skid was able to mount up? What all was done to make it work and what was done on the motor mount straps. I have been looking at it but without pieces in hand sometimes makes it even harder to "see" if they would work.
Let me get under the truck and try to do a video. It's also completely bolt on and off.

OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Let me get under the truck and try to do a video. It's also completely bolt on and off.
Very nice! Thanks for the getting the pictures that helped. So you just got the kit for the V6 and it all fit just having to modify the mounting straps for the engine skid?

Made this today for the hitch. Couldn't see spending up to $200 for one when I had the materials to make my own.

hitch skid.jpg

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Very nice! Thanks for the getting the pictures that helped. So you just got the kit for the V6 and it all fit just having to modify the mounting straps for the engine skid?

Made this today for the hitch. Couldn't see spending up to $200 for one when I had the materials to make my own.

hitch skid.jpg
Correct!!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Well after a year I realized I never responded back to @shrinkhead. I ended up getting the ASFIR engine, transmission and transfer case skid, modifying the mounts and opening up the oil drain plug area and it fits perfectly. Thanks for your pictures, they helped a lot.

On another note, anyone get their conversions dyno or remote tuned? If so did you see much in gains? Kicking the idea around seeing as I would assume they are just base tunes.

Shrinkhead, how is yours doing?

Asfir.jpg

asfir4.jpg

asfir3.jpg

OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
I would be happy to work with you
Just wanted to thank DAVECS2 for the help with tuning. Jeep is running smooth and cleaner with very nice shifts now.

Next test is towing and higher altitudes. All to be tested here in April, going to EJS. So flatlands of Kansas, over the passes of Colorado to the trails of Moab, Utah.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
What did you change ? Hadn’t much issues with mine. It seems to spit out some coolant from time to time but can’t find a leak and levels look ok but still dripping a little sometimes. Still very much enjoying it but looking for ways to get the exhaust note a little quieter in the cabin without regearing

DAVECS2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
What did you change ? Hadn’t much issues with mine. It seems to spit out some coolant from time to time but can’t find a leak and levels look ok but still dripping a little sometimes. Still very much enjoying it but looking for ways to get the exhaust note a little quieter in the cabin without regearing
Nothing foundational wrong with the tunes.

I remapped the transmission to work better with his lug curve, it is what I do for a living.

There is some stuff going on with using the stock 3.6L ECM that has to be used and the new displacement. I reworked that, and while.in there, put in some spicier timing and fuel enrichment.

It is more about.the daily driveability than all out power. I think he still has a flat spot down low I need to work.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Nothing foundational wrong with the tunes.

I remapped the transmission to work better with his lug curve, it is what I do for a living.

There is some stuff going on with using the stock 3.6L ECM that has to be used and the new displacement. I reworked that, and while.in there, put in some spicier timing and fuel enrichment.

It is more about.the daily driveability than all out power. I think he still has a flat spot down low I need to work.
Yes, daily drivability has greatly improved. Plus the little bit of spice is nice also.

OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Shrinkhead, check your upper radiator hose to the radiator. I am having a very small weep there. I am trying some Permatex Aviation sealant on the hose fitting and inside matting surface of the hose. I just did it today so we will see if that stops it.

I replaced the spring clamp with a screw clamp but with the sealant went back to the spring clamp.

JarHeadLV

Banned
Banned
First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mohave, 2020 Porsche 911 Turbo
Occupation
Financial Retirement Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Magnusson Supercharger: 440hp AND 380 ft-lbs

5.7L Hemi: 383 HP and 425ft-lb torque

Honestly, that's a lot of coin to go that route IMHO.
I agree, BUT since the OP can afford it, I say go for it. Showing up with a Hemi in your Jeep is like slapping a 9" dick on the table for all the ladies to envy.
Sponsored