Sponsored

Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper)

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
If you think about it, can you grab a pic?

This may solidify my thoughts regarding having one linked to the reverse lights and one linked to an aux switch.
That’s a great idea. I’ll see what I can do tonight.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

This may solidify my thoughts regarding having one linked to the reverse lights and one linked to an aux switch.
I've wondered about that as one eventuality....... for now I want both enabled in R, but who knows, I've said 'never' too many times then a year later - took it back.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase

Okay, best I could do, but it’s pretty obvious. I can’t wait to get the passenger side connected.
Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) E702FC0E-FBF0-42C1-A7EF-7ED0348D674B

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 63EFA9E8-8C05-482E-BCCE-56D6CEDA2B4F

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
@ORACLElights @JP_Oracle just got around to installing my lights and I am having a helluva time dealing with this. I, like others, have issues and I need them addressed and frankly I don't feel like scrolling through 30-something pages of issues.

1) I have blind spot service issues what is the deal and how do you fix it?
- Don't ask me to spend time confirming that Oracle lights has all the wires pinned correctly, send me a new one that is correct please.

2) My plug n play connector doesn't even push all the way in to a "snap" but taillights and the reverse likes work. It can fall disconnected if I didn't have electrical tape on it
- Not sure if this is related to above somehow, but taping it together is not the fix nor will it be.

3) My cable is 6 inches too short, what the heck?
- I do not want an incorrect, hastly thrown together extension. I want a complete and proper wiring like I paid for with connectors that click in and screw in and don't leave too much cable.

Like many others, I want to make it known how extremely upset I am at this. I get, and understand that this is the first round and maybe not everything is perfect but this is whole-heartedly bad! Blind spot issues, wires too long/short (not to mention further screw ups on the wire extensions sent out as a fix), completely piss-poor wiring INTO the lights (how much force will it take to rip out the wires?), and plug and play adaptors that don't completely clip in. All of this after a delay for different chips and "additional QC". I loved how you guys tossed that in as if you were doing us an extra favor to double/triple check to make sure everything is good. Tell me seriously... was QC on these products done during COVID and over Zoom? Because if not, how in the hell did all this go missed? You are NOT a new company, this ain't your first rodeo.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
A little silicone grease and some "umph" will snap the connector together. That's partly how some of these connectors work. I've got factory connectors I salvaged from a 94 Jeep that are tough to get far enough together to "click".

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
A little silicone grease and some "umph" will snap the connector together. That's partly how some of these connectors work. I've got factory connectors I salvaged from a 94 Jeep that are tough to get far enough together to "click".
I'll give that a shot but I'm telling you it would not go further I tried everything even pliers, I guess short of a little grease that is...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'll give that a shot but I'm telling you it would not go further I tried everything even pliers, I guess short of a little grease that is...
Good luck...always like to see things succeed.

JT LIFE

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Eco Diesel
Occupation
Retired
@ORACLElights @JP_Oracle just got around to installing my lights and I am having a helluva time dealing with this. I, like others, have issues and I need them addressed and frankly I don't feel like scrolling through 30-something pages of issues.

- Don't ask me to spend time confirming that Oracle lights has all the wires pinned correctly, send me a new one that is correct please.

2) My plug n play connector doesn't even push all the way in to a "snap" but taillights and the reverse likes work. It can fall disconnected if I didn't have electrical tape on it
- Not sure if this is related to above somehow, but taping it together is not the fix nor will it be.

- I do not want an incorrect, hastly thrown together extension. I want a complete and proper wiring like I paid for with connectors that click in and screw in and don't leave too much cable.

Like many others, I want to make it known how extremely upset I am at this. I get, and understand that this is the first round and maybe not everything is perfect but this is whole-heartedly bad! Blind spot issues, wires too long/short (not to mention further screw ups on the wire extensions sent out as a fix), completely piss-poor wiring INTO the lights (how much force will it take to rip out the wires?), and plug and play adaptors that don't completely clip in. All of this after a delay for different chips and "additional QC". I loved how you guys tossed that in as if you were doing us an extra favor to double/triple check to make sure everything is good. Tell me seriously... was QC on these products done during COVID and over Zoom? Because if not, how in the hell did all this go missed? You are NOT a new company, this ain't your first rodeo.
These are my frustrations as well, for the live of god I could not get the connectors to connect, taped for security and waterproofing, and now have the warning about the blind spot needing service. I'm sure if I take it in for service the service dept will point at that connection and laugh. Will be removing the plug and play harness and will wire lights another way and another day. I hope the cure for the blind spot issue is just the harness,that would at least save me the embarrassment of having the dealership laugh at the dumbass that can't connect a connector.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
I would first like to apologize for any members that are frustrated, we completely understand. I can assure you we do take time to QC product and go over all details of this product prior to shipping.

We are however human and things can be missed. Our team is working to improve these methods as we speak. We appreciate all your feedback on this matter, as it helps us improve our policies and work towards a higher level goal. I know we will get there with these changes.

-Melissa

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer

I will be messaging you separately with options. I apologize for this experience and hope we can make this right for you.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So who has a part number for the female plug on the plug n play pass through cable? I may or may not have flung the white inside cap when popping it out and I cannot find it. That thing is GONE.

I found that I had two wires crossed from male end to female end (it was the two that were tapped into). So I decided to try and fix it myself… grrrrreat!

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Hello everyone, jumping in here since it looks like some are having trouble with their extensions. The extension should go to the passenger side light.

When installing, be sure to line up the arrows on each side to ensure they fit together. The pin connections are the same. They will come together tightly.
Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 63EFA9E8-8C05-482E-BCCE-56D6CEDA2B4F

Yes, the extension cable is 6" so it will be longer than needed, as noted in @JP_Oracle's original post quoted below. There will be extra cable to allow you to choose the path you wish. This extra can simply be bundled and secured with zip ties.

Lastly, the caps of the extensions will not fully thread over the connections. The caps are simply additional protection against pull-force, but they are not necessary for function. Please be assured that the connections are still IP68 waterproof. If you are concerned, you can wrap in electrical tape or heat shrink for more reassurance -- but again, the cap is not necessary for waterproofing as the ends fit tightly.

These two-pin cables are used for this so you do not have an additional wait time to complete installation, and they do function as intended.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please PM this account or @JP_Oracle for assistance.

-Rachel
Got around to installing extension today. Found out it’s not correct and I will need the correct extension. Please send to initial shipping address when available.

Tig

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
Got mine installed this week, I used the optional plug in harness, not a fan of cutting into any wires just yet, took me a couple of tries to route the passenger side light. Just kept trying different holes and pass throughs till I had the length I needed. I did snip the one factory zip tie behind the drivers side tail light to give me the final slack I wanted. All in all no big deal and the lights are awesome!
Sponsored