Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse
soooo:

70,000 MTs x $1,500 (CF clutch price) = $105,000,000 recall, not including labor.

Wonder how this will play out. I'll make a deal with Jeep; I'll pay for half the cost of a CF, if they cover the other half plus install.

Sounds fair to me.
Sponsored

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
soooo:

70,000 MTs x $1,500 (CF clutch price) = $105,000,000 recall, not including labor.

Wonder how this will play out. I'll make a deal with Jeep; I'll pay for half the cost of a CF, if they cover the other half plus install.

Sounds fair to me.
I'll make that deal! Been looking at a CF since I bought my JL in 2018

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
soooo:

Sounds fair to me.
Warranty time is only 3.8 hours, dealer price on current clutch and pressure plate kit is $400. Its not as far out as people think. Y56 recall for curtain airbag inflators. The 2 inflators cost over $1000, and pay is roughly 2.5 to 3 depending on cab. Affects 2014-2022 Ram 1500,2500,& 3500s. 70k unit for a recall of sub 4 hour pay, and sub $500 in parts is well within reason. Higher out of pocket then most, but their alternative is more JL/JTs on fire. The lawsuits cost more then the repairs. The issues will be part supply chain more then anything.

loganjeeps

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon, 96 Chevy 3500, 89 XJ (project)
Dang it, one of the main reasons I got the JTR was to get back in to a M/T as a daily driver from my WK2. Only 1K miles in so I'll keep my fingers crossed I don't have an issue until they have real solution for the recall.

GCoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave ( ̶O̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶)
Well here we go again....

My build order was delayed for the initial "remedy" which was to try and "resolve" or cover up a physical defect/design inadequacy (time will tell which it really is) with software code. Interested to see the approach this time.

Sponsored

ErrngeElise

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise, '21 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Engineer
For people with JT/JLs on order, there IS a stop sale going on at the momment, theres a good chance any units that already have a powertrain installed will finish assembly and be sent to dealers waiting for the recall parts/repair. Similar to what happened with Ram 2500+ recently. I already know of 3 units sitting on the lot we currently have that are part of this stop sale.
Thanks for this info. I wasn't sure what they do to the MT ones that are in progress or already shipped. My recent order is still stuck at "Scheduled for assembly" so I assume it won't even start assembly until the remedy is released.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
The problem is the hollow center plate of the dual disc clutch. South Bend Clutch has a replacement with a solid center plate.

ACTman

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advancedclutch.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JKUR, 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
President and head cheerleader at ACT
ACT offers great alternatives for the Gladiator JT and Wrangler JL and the cost is about the same as stock replacement.
I don't see a practical way to fix the stock design. It just needs to be replaced with something else. If you want to know why, I will be posting a full description and explanation of the JL/JT clutch in another thread in about a week or two. Look for it!

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
So they finally admit they have a problem that they have known about for years, and yet they still do not have a remedy. I have already replaced the clutch in my wife’s JLR with a Centerforce. I do not expect to get reimbursed anything, but it would be nice.
It would be great to be reimbursed- event just parts!!! I don’t expect it from Stellantis

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm assuming replacing the clutch with an aftermarket one will not fix it?
It definitely fixes it! The Centerforce kit has upgraded hydraulics, correct flywheel and pressure plate tolerances and a longer release cylinder rod.

guntrust

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LawNews.TV
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
something legal
My 2020 shows up under the recall, but it says there is no remedy yet.

But that's not true. Centerforce is a remedy and I want one now before I get really burned up, just slap a mopar label on it.

I think mine was one of the first manuals in CA. How can this not be fixed yet??

Last edited:

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
It would be great to be reimbursed- event just parts!!! I don’t expect it from Stellantis
Between Jeep cares and overall how FCA has been treating good will etc, there's a good chance with enough emails and phone calls and documentation, you could certainly reimbursed. It's the dealers that have been stubburn.

JTdeer_hauler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willy’s Sport
Just ran my VIN and I am under the recall. I bought back at the end of August and have over 11k miles on it already. So far no issues, but I’ll be watching for the remedy and getting it taken care of once they have it figured out.
Sponsored