First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
They have not notified me yet for my 2018 Wrangler. I'm curious about that since mine is one of the oldest out in the wild. I was told on delivery that it was in the very first batch of manuals sold and the very first one delivered in the state of Indiana. I've got 93k on it now. It performs and functions flawlessly, as it always has, but you would think they would fix the oldest ones first, after the unsold units at dealerships, of course.

I may contact the dealer but then again, I don't really want them to mess up a good thing. The good news, though, is my dealership has a couple of VERY good techs that are very experienced with manuals.
They did 23s first, then 18s, and just recently added 19s. If you look at the stats Jeep submits to NHTSA there are just as many "unreachable" owners as their are repairs being performed.

IMO 93k miles is the perfect time for a brand new clutch for free. No matter how good a manual driver you are this is still a 5,000# truck, and a clutch lifetime over 150k is rare unless you live somewhere with very few stop signs and red lights
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
They did 23s first, then 18s, and just recently added 19s. If you look at the stats Jeep submits to NHTSA there are just as many "unreachable" owners as their are repairs being performed.

IMO 93k miles is the perfect time for a brand new clutch for free. No matter how good a manual driver you are this is still a 5,000# truck, and a clutch lifetime over 150k is rare unless you live somewhere with very few stop signs and red lights
Not sure why they haven't contacted me. I've not been hard to find. I'll reach out to them Monday to see what gives.

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
They have not notified me yet for my 2018 Wrangler. I'm curious about that since mine is one of the oldest out in the wild. I was told on delivery that it was in the very first batch of manuals sold and the very first one delivered in the state of Indiana. I've got 93k on it now. It performs and functions flawlessly, as it always has, but you would think they would fix the oldest ones first, after the unsold units at dealerships, of course.

I may contact the dealer but then again, I don't really want them to mess up a good thing. The good news, though, is my dealership has a couple of VERY good techs that are very experienced with manuals.
I know what you mean. When this first was announced, I had figured they would start with the oldest first. But, of course I was wrong. Not the first time. I checked the app and still shows "parts unavailable" for mine.
No time frame was given for delivery of the parts. I've been patient this long so not expecting a rush on delivery. Fortunately have a GC to drive once the parts are here as I know I'll have to leave it for several days. I just want them to take their time, do it right and make sure everything is correct. I'll update when I hear anything new from my dealer.

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
*Update*
Called my dealer today to see if my parts had come in. As they had called me two weeks ago and asked if I wanted them ordered...And low and behold....no one had ordered any of my parts in the preceding two weeks. I spoke to parts and while I had her on the phone I made sure she ordered what all was needed for this warranty work. I also was obviously annoyed that no parts had been ordered as of yet. If you call me and ask "do you want us to order your parts?" and I say "YES", then order the parts. I shouldn't have to call back for status and be told sorry, we haven't ordered them.
Now waiting patiently hoping all the correct parts have been ordered and my truck won't sit there for eternity because someone forgot something. Time will tell.
Sponsored