Sponsored

Dead Gladiator

TNJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra
Yes, way too much arguing and back and forth over towing logistics and expectations. More interested in the nature of the break down and what caused it and when it might happen to you the next time you are on the trails in the middle of nowhere.
Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Drove my truck to PA from baltimore and everything was fine. Went to leave and the dash was lit up with crazy error messages. It wouldnā€™t start and you couldnā€™t turn the power off. Tried disconnecting the batteries to reset but that had no effect. Called for the roadside assistance but they werenā€™t able to get a truck out to me for 5 hours and I had to pay $69 to have it towed 10 miles further. Fortunately, my mother was able to come get us because it my entire family stranded in BFEā€¦. I donā€™t feel as though @JeepCares really does care.
078E3B7A-B345-422A-A5AF-04D65CAA80EE.jpeg

347A72C8-D2B5-4F0D-B8E1-3558FBC15106.jpeg

F19C6560-84A8-4755-A015-98A4B2EB6152.jpeg
We're sorry to hear you feel we don't care, Wat Dog. To clarify, is your Jeep currently with a dealer for repairs?

Kate
Jeep Cares

TurboHarley

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Radioactive Waste
That would be my interest being I drive one of these Gladiators. What was the issue?

Sponsored

Big John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M715x2, 92 YJ, 20 Gladiator
Drove my truck to PA from baltimore and everything was fine. Went to leave and the dash was lit up with crazy error messages. It wouldnā€™t start and you couldnā€™t turn the power off. Tried disconnecting the batteries to reset but that had no effect. Called for the roadside assistance but they werenā€™t able to get a truck out to me for 5 hours and I had to pay $69 to have it towed 10 miles further. Fortunately, my mother was able to come get us because it my entire family stranded in BFEā€¦. I donā€™t feel as though @JeepCares really does care.
Jeep Gladiator Dead Gladiator burn-got-ya

This happened to me last week! The cable from my shifter to my transmission had come loose at the transmission end. not the very end where the circular ball is but about 3 inches higher where the cable attaches to a transmission u shaped bracket. I pushed it back in, put a couple of zip ties on it so that it cannot come loose again and ta-da! it works.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
OP, any word yet on the actual problem?

OP
OP

Wat Dog

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Superintendent
As soon as I hear something definitive, Iā€™ll be sure to update the class. As of now, I only know they had to replace the batteries.

OP
OP

Wat Dog

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Superintendent
We're sorry to hear you feel we don't care, Wat Dog. To clarify, is your Jeep currently with a dealer for repairs?

Kate
Jeep Cares
While I recognize that Jeep has contracted out towing, call centers, and rentals, there really should be a little more flexibility with their services and the ability to communicate more easily. I now recognize that the call center is outsourced to Asia, but they should be able to understand the information Iā€™m trying to relay and if they canā€™t, they should have someone available (a supervisor) who can. I also learned yesterday that thereā€™s a shortage of rental vehicles and was shuffled around several before I was able to procure a Dodge caravanā€¦..However, if Iā€™m driving a premium vehicle, is it really too much to ask for a rental with similar options, even if it is limited to Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep?

Itā€™s frustrating enough to have my brand new top of the line vehicle break while it was parked but the process has only added insult to injury.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Wat Dog

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Superintendent
All right class, today I learned that I will be buying a taser and deleting the ESS. The root of all of my problems was a dead auxiliary battery.!? Even though the main battery was perfectly fine the dead lawnmower battery below it disabled my truck and left me stranded. Off to buy a taser to remove the ESS functionā€¦.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Whatā€™d they do for you? Replace the aux battery?

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
As soon as I hear something definitive, Iā€™ll be sure to update the class. As of now, I only know they had to replace the batteries.
Whatā€™d they do for you? Replace the aux battery?
Looks like they replaced both batteries, interesting.

Lessons learned:

1) Auxiliary battery issues can cause a trans code

2) When someone is upset about their brand new truck breaking down, some will choose to just be the internet and troll about comments regarding towing services

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
This got me curious so I just went and unplugged the aux battery to see how my gladiator would respond. Sure enough the dash lights up like a Christmas tree and I canā€™t get it out of the driveway. This feels like a pretty garbage design especially for a vehicle Iā€™d thought was fairly rugged. Guess Iā€™ll add a lawnmower battery to the trail bag. Also @OP, I disabled ESS with the taser and it does not fix this issue. Still throws a fit and refuses to move.

Quick edit: jumper cables from the small battery leads to the main battery seems to fix the issue.
Sponsored