Sponsored

Dealer advised pull to the right is normal!

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, but there’s no way a pull to the right that is more like a lane change rather than a slight drift is normal or acceptable!
What tires are you running?
Sponsored

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
This pull is more dramatic than a slight drift. It’s not exaggerated when applying the brakes.
It pulls the same on single lane roads, multi-lane city streets and on the hwy.
I just picked up mine last weekend. Sport with Max Tow package, 2" Mopar lift installed by the dealer, and dealer installed 35" Ridge Grapplers. I have a pull to the right as well. I thought it was just on the local roads due to the crown, but it's happening on the highway and interstate at all speeds. I have to turn the wheel about 10 degrees left to go straight.

I had it in to the dealer today for that (and the rear window leaking) but they can't do it there, something about the lip on the rims and the shop that can couldn't work it in. It'll have to wait until the rear window comes in. I know the shop they use and will trust what they tell me, but I don't have that info yet.
That almost sounds like they just haven't adjusted the drag link from the pitman arm to the steering knuckle in order to center the steering wheel properly.
(please excuse if those aren't the jeep terms I am just an LAV mechanic)

pdril

First Name
tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
nuclear chemist
new gladiator rubicon 2" lift. If pull is "normal" i need to bring mine back. it runs down the road as straight as an arrow without hands on the wheel. Don't believe the dealer, as that is simply not true. the laws of physics apply.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Kenda Klever 35/10.5/17
You try moving your right side tires to the left side and vice versa, obviously. Unfortunately, the brand of tire you have doesn’t have a lot of folks using them but if you had Nittos they seem to cause the same issue.
Good luck finding a fix.

Sponsored

TJWilly

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
So a tiny bit of pulling to the right is normal. It has more to do with the crown of the road. Back in the day this was done on purpose to “lead” a driver away from the center line a bit. Not sure it even applies anymore. On a perfectly flat piece of tarmac your Jeep should drive strait as an arrow. Well as straight as a box in the wind can. Lol

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Yes, but there’s no way a pull to the right that is more like a lane change rather than a slight drift is normal or acceptable!
I agree, so there would seem to be an issue

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
When I aligned mine in the garage after the Mopar lift, 37s, Synergy brace, adjustable track bar and chalk test to set tire pressure at 33 psi, I must have screwed it up as it tracks straight with no drift or pull It all. It will follow the crown of the road if it is significant, so maybe all is normal.

OP
OP
JJmoto

JJmoto

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
I got @JeepCares involved and all they did was contact the dealer, who advised that the pull was normal. The dealer compared mine to another JT in stock with the Mopar kit installed and it also pulled. So they advised as normal as opposed to questioning if they installed both kits correctly!
I’m thinking about going to a different dealer and see what they say. Or I may just go to a small local shop and have all the Mopar components loosened, lowered so all the vehicle weight is on the ground and then retighten/torque everything to see if that helps!
Any ideas???
Thanks

jimonfly

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
I had mine in the shop last week to check the alignment and pull to the right. Mopar lift was installed at the dealership. The dealer couldn't do the alignment and sent it to a local shop, who I know very well and trust. It was a little out of spec but they got it fixed. The rear track is off by 1.5cm and there is no adjustment for that with the Mopar lift. It still pulls to the right a little. I called them back and he said every one they have worked on pulls to the right. My main concern was tire wear and they said that would not be an issue, so I'm good for now.

Sponsored

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
My experience was that there was too much caster running stock LCA’s. Longer arms fixed it. If lift is too tall for track bar, axle goes left and you fight the stabilizer some. I put an adjustable track bar on and it works great.

The kind of pull to the right I had was definitely not normal but is also totally gone with all specs dead level now. Also keep in mind a small pull can be amplified by big tires wanting to follow that line.

Listen to these guys - dealer just quit on you. Yanking to the right is not normal but it may actually be the caster keeping you out.

OP
OP
JJmoto

JJmoto

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
My experience was that there was too much caster running stock LCA’s. Longer arms fixed it. If lift is too tall for track bar, axle goes left and you fight the stabilizer some. I put an adjustable track bar on and it works great.

The kind of pull to the right I had was definitely not normal but is also totally gone with all specs dead level now. Also keep in mind a small pull can be amplified by big tires wanting to follow that line.

Listen to these guys - dealer just quit on you. Yanking to the right is not normal but it may actually be the caster keeping you out.
Alignment is correct. How can I get them to change caster beyond what is in spec?

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Alignment is correct. How can I get them to change caster beyond what is in spec?
Make sure they check spec against the mopar lift specs. If that checks out, it may be either mechanical (the track bar creating pressure on the stabilizer causing the yank. If not that see if there is a software update involving the steering program. I have heard cases where an update fixes what amounts to a bias to the right in the electric steering.

OP
OP
JJmoto

JJmoto

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
Make sure they check spec against the mopar lift specs. If that checks out, it may be either mechanical (the track bar creating pressure on the stabilizer causing the yank. If not that see if there is a software update involving the steering program. I have heard cases where an update fixes what amounts to a bias to the right in the electric steering.
Dealer isn’t doing the alignment.
Tires Plus did. They have checked it 3 times. I also took to an independent shop. Nothing has corrected it.

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Dealer isn’t doing the alignment.
Tires Plus did. They have checked it 3 times. I also took to an independent shop. Nothing has corrected it.
Ok - how many miles have you put on the tires? Long shot but if everything is in spec but there’s a wear pattern set in the tires then that can also cause your pull. If its the track bar or software issue then it may not show up on an alignment rack.
Sponsored