Sponsored

Dealer advised pull to the right is normal!

OP
OP
JJmoto

JJmoto

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
Ok - how many miles have you put on the tires? Long shot but if everything is in spec but there’s a wear pattern set in the tires then that can also cause your pull. If its the track bar or software issue then it may not show up on an alignment rack.
10k. I swapped left to right and front to rear at different times.
Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
There are two ways to center the steering wheel - the right way and the wrong way. The right way ensures the steering box (Not the steering wheel) is perfectly centered and then adjusts the tie rod ends to set the toe and ensure the truck tracks straight. Once complete, the drag link is adjusted to perfectly center the steering wheel.

The wrong way is to use the tie rod ends to both set toe and center the steering wheel. This works on most modern cars with R&P steering as the steering wheel is installed, centered with the rack during manufacture and there is no drag link or adjustment To center the steering wheel other than the tie rod ends. When the steering wheel is centered, so is the rack.

When improperly centered, the steering box always tries to center itself regardless of where that positions the wheels. One scenario is: With a lift, the stock track bar pulls the front axle to the left. You install an adjustable track bar and center the axle. This pulls the drag link over to the right and the steering wheel is now pointing slightly to the right. This means the steering box is now off center. The correct adjustment is to use the drag link to center the steering wheel, which centers the steering box.now you can check alignment, but it should be fine. Frankly, unless you install a lift with adjustable control arms allowing you to adjust caster, there is not a lot of reason for a full alignment. Toe should only be set when the steering box is centered. Set it when the steering box is not centered and the truck will pull as the steering box naturally seeks center. This is NOT normal.

moreai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
pull to the right is normal. if you fall asleep at the wheel it is designed to take you into the shoulder/ditch instead of oncoming traffic
Mine pulls to the left since day one, I'm worried now ...

Deleted member 28696

Just got back from my local dealer. I have a pull to the right since day one ( dealer installed Mopar 2” lift). I have adjustable track bar to center and both sides are equal.

I’ve been to two different alignment shops and everything is in spec. I swapped front wheels (side to side) and nothing.
Now the dealer advises that the pull is normal since they cannot find a solution or remedy. They said that the tech drove comparable vehicles and they both pulled.

Anyone have any ideas about where to take it or what to try next? @JeepCares any advise??
I’m not going to provide a good survey score when I receive one...
Thanks for the help
Mine doesn't pull to the right it's pretty much centered. You will have to take in account the crown of the road but it doesn't pull. I have a 3" JKS lift with 37x20's. Trail Jeeps here in Colorado did put in a yeti steer smarts steering brace in there as well. The steering is much improved over stock, wind doesn't bother it or passing semi's, I feel safer driving it than the stock configuration.

I almost purchased the Mopar 2" Lift as well but cancelled it after doing more research. Trail Jeeps was removing the Mopar 2" lift's weekly and replacing them with the JKS venture with Fox performance shocks, since the Mopar was experiencing death wobble. I researched it on my own and I found many complaints on this forum about that lift and apparently Jeep cannot fix it. I'm not a mechanic but I wonder if your issues are related. I'm really glad I cancelled my appointment and went with the JKS as recommended. I can steer now with one finger if I wanted it's super nice.

FASST1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Mine pulls to the left since day one, I'm worried now ...
Same here. I am on my second visit this Friday. The last they said they had to adjust steering wheel and Tow in the alignment. I am very worried because it pulls hard to the left

Sponsored

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
Wondering if OP ever got any kind of resolution here. This is a lot of money to drop on a truck to have it pull annoyingly and be told it is "normal".

Augy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Same here. I am on my second visit this Friday. The last they said they had to adjust steering wheel and Tow in the alignment. I am very worried because it pulls hard to the left
Ditto here. 2022 JT has pulled to the left since day one. The only "mod" on mine is a set of take off wheels/tires from a 2021 Rubicon and wheel spacers (I have the Overland). Swapped tires around, removed spacers, had alignment checked...nothing affected the pull. Dealership has looked at it and doesn't have an answer for me yet.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I have 15,000 miles on my Mopar lift and they must have installed it wrong at the dealer, 0 pull. It tracks straight. “

Any dealer telling you that pulling is normal is full of it.

TigerInFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Mojave
Occupation
Design & Sell Inground Pools
it's called a feature!

didn't you guys read any of the brochures before buying?

Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

I don't have any pulling issues, but I didn't install a Mopar lift, I was advised against it, instead I went with JKS J-Venture 3-3.5" lift instead and I had a Jeep Shop Install it. They also put in a Yeti XD Sector Shaft Brace with Frame Sidetrack Bar Reinforcement Bracket. I have no steering problems, slop etc. or any pulling issues to date. Drives straight as an arrow on flat surfaces.

Bulldog4xfour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL sahara
I would take off the stabilizer and see if it still pulls to the right without one. I would also measure your wheel poke. If one side sticks out further than the other you could be crab walking slightly and would need adjustable track bars.

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
Glad to see I'm not the only one. My original Sport S had the Mopar lift and never pulled. Mojave only had 35s, still no pull. Current rig has Mopar lift and same tires/wheels the other 2 had. Pulls left. I've had to push my wheel to the right a tad going around curves to the left. Dealer found nothing the 1st time. Haven't had a chance to bring it back again. Was hoping to find a fix here. They did add the Fox steering stabilizer to mine when the lift was installed.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Why do dealers even exist?
They serve as a choke point between you and FCA causing irritation? At least the dealer in our town does?
Sponsored